Mitchell out for 8 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Step up Hallahan, Woodward and Langford, probably means Sewelly will come straight back in when needed. Maybe Breust to play the clearance role more often, he is great in tight spaces with releasing handballs. Collingwood will be licking their lips, Mitch tear them apart every time we play them.

Annoying, but if we finish top 4 and Smitch is ready to go for the finals, then this could prove a blessing in disguise.

As long as we can still bank the wins to get to top 4. We have 3 hard games in that time and we need to bank 2 wins out of the Sydney, Port and Collingwood games to get there I think.. Really want top 2 with Port being one of the other sides likely top 4. Don't want to be playing the Portress of Adelaide Oval, against Port in a final - A) Because they will be hard and B) I want to leave the Oval with all limbs and teeth intact if we win.

I think they're being overly cautious. 8 weeks would be worse case. If you read up on it they would want to get in 100% right given likelihood of re-occurence with this particular strain is 1 in 3 within a year.

Anyone think this may see Burgoyne switch to Mitchells role and someone else step into Burgoyne utility role. Would love to see Burger give it one more huge year in the guts. He was the best clearance player I had seen outside of Mitchell, when he was at Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Annoying, but if we finish top 4 and Smitch is in top shape for the finals, then this could prove a blessing in disguise.

Yep.....^^^^THIS.....Same goes for Lake...We have the depth to cover as we've proven over the past 2 seasons with Franklin, Rioli & Birchall having had extended periods on the sidelines.

He'll be fresh as a daisy by the time the real stuff rolls out!....Burger, Hodge, Cyril & Breust will adequately fill the void!....We also played Mitch off half back for an extended period last year so we are more than prepared for such a scenario as this....Once again, brilliant list management!

8 weeks for a hamstring?? Righto, lets just call it 8 years (never trust a HFC injury timeline).

Come on down B.Sewell. But I think he has had a Hammy too, which was about 12 weeks ago.

Come on down M.Spangher. No, he has an ankle. So that could be anywhere between 2 - 20 weeks.

Ok, lets see what happens!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back