Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Yes, hopefully a spotlight is turned on WHO.

Won't all countries governments be held to account/judged on how each country made it through Covid-19?

Why would it just be Trump?

Don't you think the Italian guy whose insipid response and his "hug a Chinese" moment would get questioned?

How about Boris who thought the herd route was a winner and was actively shaking every Tom, Dick & Harrys hand?

What about the Swedes who are pursuing the herd option - on the way to killing their old and vulnerable at staggering rates.

I guess the Chinese leaders are safe, no one will criticize their lying, cover up and deceptive conduct.

But but what about Trump, the fascination is amazing.

Yep. Agree with the other countries comments you made. I was only looking at news headlines re the Trump perspective. He appears to be on the front door against WHO/CCP ( rightly so) but it's distracting the criticism against him... hopefully just for now.

First time the country has had less than 100 cases in a day since March 17! They’ve expanded testing in most states to include even people with temps above 38 degrees.
Yeah this is such good news. Most of that recent spike was the returnees from overseas and the cruise ships so now it's about getting a better read on community transmission. But all in all we seem to be doing pretty well. Hopefully we can maintain this and everyone keeps on task and keeps up the good work.

Not on my watch. :rolleyes:

26951282-0-image-m-2_1586343802037.jpg

This is 2020 China, you have brought the world to its knees, it will rise again and hard lessons will have been learnt.

Did the baggage handler cluster come from touching bags from a Ruby Princess cruise traveller??

In the pre season thread a few of us were discussing that we didnt trust China and that they were keeping things secret about the virus in Late January and early Feb, we even discussed doomsday prepping and you're telling me governments around the world didn't have the same inkling as us?

Australia is doing quite well by comparison but some rather large mistakes were made by the government, im not a scomo fan at all but at least he eventually stepped up to the plate, or maybe the state heads forced him too but thank god we dont have Trump, his ego will kill millions

And? That's just more "whataboutTrump" ism. Did the WHO get it wrong?

Or: "We're not talking about the Northern Adelaide Health Service here, this is the world's principle health authority... Yet we've still got people coming out with "yeah but what about Trump?""

You don't have to convince me about China and their tentacles of influence. Bang on about them as much as you like. I'm not defending either of them.

Welcome back. Good move to get to the shack early and avoid the traffic.

How’s the weather?

The shack is where I live. Pretty sure I was clear on that, I’ve no plans to drive 900km return to spend a couple of days in a tiny cottage in North Adelaide. Did I miss something important? Have the rules in SA changed? Are we still tracking on the Italy curve as you were so certain of? Do you have ANY credibility at all? You’re Vader, but without the sense of humour.

And 2 posts in over a week and you crawl back, welcome back nuffie.
I was accused of going on and on and on again attacking Scomo. I had made a dozen posts and many of those were related to the stupidity, imho, of the NFL, AFL and Grand Prix to carry on regardless.

I have spent the last week re-reading this thread from the start.

Three posters have blasted beyond 1,000 posts, would anyone like to guess who are The Three Musketeers?

Did the baggage handler cluster come from touching bags from a Ruby Princess cruise traveller??

In the pre season thread a few of us were discussing that we didnt trust China and that they were keeping things secret about the virus in Late January and early Feb, we even discussed doomsday prepping and you're telling me governments around the world didn't have the same inkling as us?

Australia is doing quite well by comparison but some rather large mistakes were made by the government, im not a scomo fan at all but at least he eventually stepped up to the plate, or maybe the state heads forced him too but thank god we dont have Trump, his ego will kill millions
Yeah, scomo has picked up his game in the last fortnight.. his sign language lady still has her reservations though...

1586346339641.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was accused of going on and on and on again attacking Scomo. I had made a dozen posts and many of those were related to the stupidity, imho, of the NFL, AFL and Grand Prix to carry on regardless.

I have spent the last week re-reading this thread from the start.

Three posters have blasted beyond 1,000 posts, would anyone like to guess who are The Three Musketeers?

Wow, you’re on a roll. Keep going champ, you’re great.

End of Feb in our fam whatsapp chat we were saying we were sure the borders will be closed in a day or two. It does seem like the people, the herd so to speak, realised the threat collectively before the govt acted (hence the panic buying that broke out early March). Took a few weeks longer but we got there in the end.

End of Feb in our fam whatsapp chat we were saying we were sure the borders will be closed in a day or two. It does seem like the people, the herd so to speak, realised the threat collectively before the govt acted (hence the panic buying that broke out early March). Took a few weeks longer but we got there in the end.
Didn't the herd say we needed to be in full lock down otherwise we’d end up like Italy 2 weeks ago?

In the future, new Bigfooty posters will wonder how did Grotto die in 2020.

This will be their answer.

Why you must be wary of food deliveries during the coronavirus crisis: UberEats rider asks to be tested for COVID-19 at a pop-up clinic - food bag and all - before dropping a meal to an unsuspecting customer.

26951546-0-image-m-3_1586344346386.jpg

Thats me with the big fat smile at 2.15pm receiving my Coronavirus takeaway courtesy of UberEats. :drunk:

Didn't the herd say we needed to be in full lock down otherwise we’d end up like Italy 2 weeks ago?
I'm talking about the herd as in the majority of people who clearly realised things were more serious than our response reflected at the time. You're talking about Jenny.

Not everyone is as slavishly devoted to a particular political party or ideology as you two. Some people let their own minds do the thinking.

I'm talking about the herd as in the majority of people who clearly realised things were more serious than our response reflected at the time. You're talking about Jenny.

Not everyone is as slavishly devoted to a particular political party or ideology as you two. Some people let their own minds do the thinking.
So you think it was just Jenny that said we needed to be in full lockdown? Was she the only one saying we weren’t doing enough?

My point from the beginning of this was that none of us are experts, even though everyone acted like one. As it’s panning out that’s been proven.

Wow, has to be sacked

Hahaha as if he only told the premier 2 days ago that he's been there for weeks 😂

We've had to share our calendars for weeks and everyone knows where we are every day. To suggest those measures don't exist in the highest level of NSW government is laughable. They're fast becoming a bad joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back