Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
One country leader = OMG what a brilliant job she is doing, leading the world in how to manage the virus.

The other countries leader = pathetic, too slow to make a decision, just following others.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

What the stats show us:

1586918910305.png
1586918856072.png

Hmmm, not much difference AT THIS STAGE.

Equal on deaths per 1 million population but we have done more testing per 1 million population.

But something something NRL, something something dragging the chain.

I think some peoples ideology has coloured their view (on both sides of politics), going on pure stats rather than the vibe - Aus v NZ have strikingly similar numbers.

Again this is bullshit that ignores share housing realities

One of our housemates moved out, we replaced her with a new one

Subletting as far as I'm concerned is if you start turning the back shed into a room without telling anyone or something like that

Subletting is when a person on the lease rents out part of the property to someone not on the lease.

In this situation it's you that's taken on the risk of your... sub-tenant? not being able to pay, not the landlords. They have nothing to do with it

Again this is bullshit that ignores share housing realities

One of our housemates moved out, we replaced her with a new one

Subletting as far as I'm concerned is if you start turning the back shed into a room without telling anyone or something like that
OK, but the thing is - and the reason the question was asked about whether she was on the lease - OK, you had a housemate who was sharing the rent. She was not on the lease. She has left and can't come back to collect her stuff because COVID. This is a problem. But it is not the landlord's / REA's problem, there's nothing they can or should do.

so basically you guys think as the new housemate hadn't replaced the old housemate on the lease, I've got no argument?

As it was the lease expired in December and the real estate agent only finally got the new lease sent out in late February

But yeah thay stuff is our fault

Supermarket Manager goes bang from outside 50m. Launches one.

Bogans need to learn a hard tough lesson, which is ironic because following the pandemic is going to be very very hard on some.

Supermarket boss’s blunt reply to toilet paper hoarder wanting refund

“I had my first customer yesterday who said he wanted to get a refund on 150 packets of 32-pack toilet paper and 150 units of one-litre sanitiser.” In 150 packs of 32-roll toilet paper there would be 4800 individual rolls.

These types of bulk buy people should be handed massive fines & have their goods donated the needy.

Are you suggesting getting the lease changed every time someone moves in and out?

Some places would do that multiple times a year
Are you really this dense? You would first need to ask permission to sublet, then yes you would need to sign a new lease. It doesn't take long to write up a new lease so who cares if you need to do it multiple times a year?

Are you really this dense? You would first need to ask permission to sublet, then yes you would need to sign a new lease. It doesn't take long to write up a new lease so who cares if you need to do it multiple times a year?
But but ...anarchy

No surprise here. Trump stopping funding to WHO.

I believe the US funds the WHO to tune of approx $450M per year. By far their biggest donor.

Trump is going to setup his own version of the WHO, to be run by Ivanka & Don junior...

Grapes too - biggest wine region production on quantity.
table grapes too, an old business partner of mine up Renmark way has been making making a motser out of his red globe table grape vines so much so he's expanded buying a property over the border near Red Cliffs and so much that in recent times he's set his brother up with a property near Carnarvon in WA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump is going to setup his own version of the WHO, to be run by Ivanka & Don junior...
Wouldn't be much more corrupt than the present WHO under the current management.

One country leader = OMG what a brilliant job she is doing, leading the world in how to manage the virus.

The other countries leader = pathetic, too slow to make a decision, just following others.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

What the stats show us:

View attachment 858191
View attachment 858190

Hmmm, not much difference AT THIS STAGE.

Equal on deaths per 1 million population but we have done more testing per 1 million population.

But something something NRL, something something dragging the chain.

I think some peoples ideology has coloured their view (on both sides of politics), going on pure stats rather than the vibe - Aus v NZ have strikingly similar numbers.
Since the I plan on attending the Rugby comment, Morrison has done a very competent job.

Prior, not so much... but all forgiven as he when got serious, he got moving.

I need to ask the landlord's permission if a housemate gets engaged and moves in with their fiance ? Fmd
The lease is designed to protect both the tenant and the landlord. The only people with an obligation to pay rent are those that are named on the lease. If you didn't ask permission to sublet and you didn't put your housemates name on the lease, it's your own damn fault. Boo ******* hoo.

The lease is designed to protect both the tenant and the landlord. The only people with an obligation to pay rent are those that are named on the lease. If you didn't ask permission to sublet and you didn't put your housemates name on the lease, it's your own damn fault. Boo ******* hoo.

These lefty dope smoking teachers think that anyone can move in with them, they don't seem to realise they are living in someone else house.

A business is also an investment. Do you have sympathy for all those people going out of business?

I'm a landlord but I'm also a working class person on an average wage. Laws that allow tenants to bail on their rent could bankrupt me and I don't even have the option to just move into the place myself.
This is the type of pressure that will force the government to think about reducing restrictions. It gets so complicated when trying to look at things from every angle. With any rule that gets brought in there is a complex domino effect plus people trying to exploit the situation for their own advantage. So the government can either solve all issues in a way that is fair for all parties and immune to manipulation... (impossible). Or open things up again.

Heard this on the radio an hour or so ago... first thing that I instantly thought about the hoarder’s predicament was;

hahahahaha... sucked in you grub.. EAFD you *******.

It is just so good to see karma catching up with some of these idiots.
I just wish the supermarket operator had offered to buy them back for 5c per pack.

This is the type of pressure that will force the government to think about reducing restrictions. It gets so complicated when trying to look at things from every angle. With any rule that gets brought in there is a complex domino effect plus people trying to exploit the situation for their own advantage. So the government can either solve all issues in a way that is fair for all parties and immune to manipulation... (impossible). Or open things up again.
Is it really that complicated though? Like how can Queensland justify tenants not having to prove financial hardship? If I lost my job today and had to go into Centrelink, they would probably ask me to prove that I lost my job with a letter from my employer. Why should it be any different for tenants? If they have legitimate financial hardship, they should be able to prove it. Allowing them to just bail on that, is like putting everybody on the honour system, it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back