Preview [NAB Challenge] Round 2 vs. West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't really get this until i read the ask the coach thing on Twitter
Q:"Hey rocket, just wondering how you viewed Trent Mckenzie's game last night?"
A:"Really pleasing. Thought he worked really hard and obviously showed in his number of possessions."

I've had the meme on ice for 6 months waiting for Rocket to use it again

I just finished watching NAB Challenge 2 and I was impressed! I liked what I saw from most everybody, it gives me a lot of optimism for the 2016 season. With the majority of our top tier players not in the lineup, the young guys played really well.

Looking forward to bombing Essendon in Round 1.

I would be interested to know who GCS BF followers were better defensively between Saad and Lemmens.

I just think at this stage these 2 are fighting for the small defenders position.

I would be interested to know who GCS BF followers were better defensively between Saad and Lemmens.

I just think at this stage these 2 are fighting for the small defenders position.
Saad without a doubt. No question.

I'm starting to wonder, however, whether Lemmens would be better suited as a half forward. He has a great kick (not under pressure though) and loves a goal, but has this ******* annoying tendency to just shank the ball from our back half without looking at where it's going.

Yet when he's in our forward half his accuracy is spot on. Remember where he got his nickname 'the Candyman'? Remember that supergoal in NAB2?

Saad without a doubt. No question.

I'm starting to wonder, however, whether Lemmens would be better suited as a half forward. He has a great kick (not under pressure though) and loves a goal, but has this ******* annoying tendency to just shank the ball from our back half without looking at where it's going.

Yet when he's in our forward half his accuracy is spot on. Remember where he got his nickname 'the Candyman'? Remember that supergoal in NAB2?

I'm starting to wonder, however, whether Lemmens would be better suited as a half forward.

He played that position for almost all of last year. He was awful at it. He had a nice game against Freo and almost kicked the match-winner, but that's about it.

He has only been in the system for 2 years and has played a few senior games. By the end of this year we will have a much better idea in placing where Lemmens will fit best.

Agree. Same with Jack Leslie. And it might take another year for both to sort out if they can play.

History says that some players just take longer to get ready to be a good AFL players. Need to get head and body right, and skills and decision making to an AFL level.

For a low possession player like Lemmens, if he can turn his 3 clangers per game into 3 AFL disposals then he gets a lot better very quickly. And his confidence grows.

I choose optimism on our young players after seeing what Aaron Hall did last year.

(Also have to keep in mind that this might be the first top notch pre-season that our young players have had. Sad but seemingly true.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back