Narrm - Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's a hard question to answer, they have stated they are to be known as NARRM for two weeks and will play North Melbourne as the NARRM football club, we are to refer to them as such for that time. Why is it stupid to ask the question as to whether or not Melbourne football club should get any benefit from the obvious win that NARRM will have? Are you ignoring it because you don't know? You have to assume that the AFL has ticked off on this, but Melbourne will not be playing North Melbourne in Round 10, so enlighten me, who gets the points?

Melbourne. Melbourne get the points.

Equation solved.

They should probably get on with curing cancer and ending world hunger too, call themselves a professional football club and they haven’t even made one submission to the UNHCR, let alone won a nobel prize!

I mean, it’s like they’re just a football club making a nice (but perhaps overdue) acknowledgement to the traditional owners of the land. Pathetic really.
I just said I don't mind the idea.
Great make the acknowledgement on the weekend when you play.
So they make a media release eons out. Not like they've possibly exploited the idea.
Your second point exactly right. Maybe those who cure cancer should do that indigenous leaders should have a voice and footy clubs should play footy.

The same team? They just reported that Melbourne are to be referred to as the NARRM football club for 2 weeks before and during their Round 10 match with North. So who is playing North Melbourne?

Yeah see I know this is very hard to get your head around but for two weeks they are being known as something else then changing back but for football ladder purposes Melbourne get the wins or losses attributed during that two week period to Narrm.

I solved it for you, you can stop now

The same team? They just reported that Melbourne are to be referred to as the NARRM football club for 2 weeks before and during their Round 10 match with North. So who is playing North Melbourne?

It's the same team

What a football club! Not only are our players the best in the league, they also run the administration, community, marketing and PR teams apparently.
Luke Jackson is the head accountant

I just said I don't mind the idea.
Great make the acknowledgement on the weekend when you play.
So they make a media release eons out. Not like they've possibly exploited the idea.
Your second point exactly right. Maybe those who cure cancer should do that indigenous leaders should have a voice and footy clubs should play footy.
Club makes announcement prior to date - quick Mulder, better let Scully know.

Maybe, and this is for those who can walk an chew gum at the same time, maybe a Football club could play football and make a small but well thought out nod to indigenous people of the country they play in. I dunno though, sounds a bit radical.

No journey was ever completed without small steps
I acknowledge that is true. But I guess that leads to frustration. All this country does is small steps.
A nice acknowledgement
A nice ceremony
Yet nothing ever ever ******* changes.
Just dog whistle house prices or economy or boat people are coming to get youor Covid is coming to get you and watch people revert to type.
I'll believe real change when it happens but no one wants it or can't agree or are busy are covering.
But that's the cynic in me. Good Melbourne. Great gesture. Can't hurt

Here we go again. Melbourne FC goes completely woke. What a load of S..t.

Where does this crap end. It’s just a pity nobody’s going to have the courage to take them on and call this rubbish out. Football is becoming a branch political party, forcing left wing ideology down the collective supporters throats.

Just close your eyes and look away from the screen.

I know it's a hard question to answer, they have stated they are to be known as NARRM for two weeks and will play North Melbourne as the NARRM football club, we are to refer to them as such for that time. Why is it stupid to ask the question as to whether or not Melbourne football club should get any benefit from the obvious win that NARRM will have? Are you ignoring it because you don't know? You have to assume that the AFL has ticked off on this, but Melbourne will not be playing North Melbourne in Round 10, so enlighten me, who gets the points?
FFS. The stupidity.

How many games did GFC club great Garry Hocking play by the way? Can you answer me that?

I acknowledge that is true. But I guess that leads to frustration. All this country does is small steps.
A nice acknowledgement
A nice ceremony
Yet nothing ever ever ******* changes.
Just dog whistle house prices or economy or boat people are coming to get youor Covid is coming to get you and watch people revert to type.
I'll believe real change when it happens but no one wants it or can't agree or are busy are covering.
But that's the cynic in me. Good Melbourne. Great gesture. Can't hurt
I think your problem might be with the Government’s both Federal and state. Whilst some might dryly suggest the the MFC has more than a few connections to them, I’m not sure your problem lies with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering there are already s**t loads of other towns with Aboriginal names existing it's a big ole nothing to be bothered about.

Geelong has been doing it for 100+ years.

I'm entitled to an opinion without being called a flog 🙄. I have a lot of respect for the indigenous people and have spent time out in the rural communities and APY lands learning about their culture from the people themselves.

It's like how NZ singing their Anthem in the Maori language helps by giving Aboriginal people a sense of belonging. Or like how AusPost now use Aboriginal names for places as well as postcodes.

It all helps.

Dismissing it out of hand as 'token' is kind of missing the point.

Footscray trade as the Western Bulldogs. More or less the same thing.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here we go again. Melbourne FC goes completely woke. What a load of S..t.

Where does this crap end. It’s just a pity nobody’s going to have the courage to take them on and call this rubbish out. Football is becoming a branch political party, forcing left wing ideology down the collective supporters throats.

No need to get so offended, snowflake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back