List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their kicking skills might be similar but I see Wanganeen-Milera as a different type to Brad hill, will find himself in all the right spots without having to run while Hill sprints his way to about 4 contests in 1 play.
Definitely different types, but I don't think you can get away with not being a tremendous runner on the wings these days.

Sinclair, Billings, Hill all run over 13km a game, even Sholl who was being talked about as a comparison for what Nas might be able to do has put up efforts of around 17km ran, so he's clearly elite in that area.

Didn’t he have stress fracture of the back the year before the Achilles and missed a lot of that year as well didn’t play after round 11 that year
Idiotic not remember that

Even if he hadn't played since round 11 2020, you can't say he hasn't played for 2 years. Drama Queen.

Then he was on fire the first two games of 2021.

Definitely different types, but I don't think you can get away with not being a tremendous runner on the wings these days.

Sinclair, Billings, Hill all run over 13km a game, even Sholl who was being talked about as a comparison for what Nas might be able to do has put up efforts of around 17km ran, so he's clearly elite in that area.
That’s fair. No ones ever said “I wish X footy player could run less”

The Messiah wore #13 for SA. It's available at the Saints. Lock it in?

Maybe but I think a fair few of us are hoping to see him in the #7, running up and down the wings like Elvis reborn.

Even if he hadn't played since round 11 2020, you can't say he hasn't played for 2 years. Drama Queen.

Then he was on fire the first two games of 2021.
So he hasn’t missed best part of two years? Obnoxious one

Maybe but I think a fair few of us are hoping to see him in the #7, running up and down the wings like Elvis reborn.

I like 7 for Mitchito-san

Lucky seven
Like many countries throughout the world, Japan considers the number seven lucky. This is not imported, but steeped in the country’s religious traditions. Seven is an important number in Buddhism. Japanese Buddhists celebrate a baby’s seventh day and mourn the seventh day after a person dies when the soul is said to cross over.

In Japanese folklore there are the Shichifukuin (七福神 – the Seven Gods of Luck). Tanabata (七夕 – Evening of the Seventh) is an important summertime holiday that’s celebrated on July 7th (7/7). The number seven also makes many appearances in pachinko parlors and scratch tickets.

Yeah, but we're all hoping and waiting for that.
I think it's easy to say that people are content with making finals e.t.c, just because they're a bit more patient and trusting of the list management.
We all want to fast track it, but missing the cream because we're lacking meat & potatoes might be counterproductive when it comes to winning a flag in 4-5 years time.
I think we're all expecting Hanners to be gone when we make our charge. We'll have a decent hand next year to do something good with our list I think.
In the meantime, we have to work out which of these kids we've got (and are about to get tonight) can play.
Might be a blessing that these kids can actually get into our team to find out.
When it comes to being patient i am good at that unlike a lot on here who think we have been a chance at winning a flag for the last two years and who think we could win one next year , I think in 2023 we will be a serious contender for top 4 and the next 5-8 years after that we should be a force to be reckoned with if they keep drafting and recruiting the right players .
If we can get Bing next year id be putting him CHB and yeah people will go nuts and say you don't race a Ferrari at Winton Bla Bla Bla , but Collingwood don't have an issue playing their gun Moore at CHB , Melbourne have Two Gun backs and god knows we need another quality big Backman.
We still have a few pieces of the puzzle missing until we are ever going to be a serious threat but its heading the right direction and people need to just chill and not expect too much next year IOM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like 7 for Mitchito-san

Lucky seven
Like many countries throughout the world, Japan considers the number seven lucky. This is not imported, but steeped in the country’s religious traditions. Seven is an important number in Buddhism. Japanese Buddhists celebrate a baby’s seventh day and mourn the seventh day after a person dies when the soul is said to cross over.

In Japanese folklore there are the Shichifukuin (七福神 – the Seven Gods of Luck). Tanabata (七夕 – Evening of the Seventh) is an important summertime holiday that’s celebrated on July 7th (7/7). The number seven also makes many appearances in pachinko parlors and scratch tickets.

Ok so -

#7 = Owens
#13 = NWM

I have #24 in my head for Windhager for some reason.

Campbell gets the #27 to continue the tradition of back up rucks (Blake to Bruce to Abbott to McKernan to Campbell)

Highmore into #17 following Roberton?

Will the club do anything special with #2 now that it's vacant?

If Richmond bid on Owens, which Twomey thinks they will, then they'd be bidding with the 2nd rounder we sent them last year.

Basically meaning, we got to trade a second rounder but also keep it. It's literally having your cake and eating it.

I can't express how great this is.

Since the mid-season we'll have recruited in Heath, Sharman, NWM, Owens and Windhager for a first rounder plus some change. That's unbelievable.

*recruited in, not traded

...its going to be even harder when Ryder goes
Meh; he's just holding Heath back anyway

eric-idle-monty-python.gif

Ok so -

#7 = Owens
#13 = NWM

Campbell gets the #27 to continue the tradition of back up rucks (Blake to Bruce to Abbott to McKernan to Campbell)

Maybe a Sharman/Byrnes/Paton type player can get an upgrade to the #2?

I'd be asking every team who wants our f2 for their current second round pick. Some really, really good names still out there. A sonsie or a goater along with our NGA boys and NWM would make this a very strong and important draft for us

What would be their motivation to swap a current pick in what looks like a strong draft , for an unknown positioned future 2nd?

If Richmond bid on Owens, which Twomey thinks they will, then they'd be bidding with the 2nd rounder we sent them last year.

Basically meaning, we got to trade a second rounder but also keep it. It's literally having your cake and eating it.

I can't express how great this is.

Since the mid-season we'll have recruited in Heath, Sharman, NWM, Owens and Windhager for a first rounder plus some change. That's unbelievable.

*recruited in, not traded
I Have a feeling that’s not it for this draft. I reckon we trade back into this draft at some point. Just depends on where Owens is bid on. If he isn’t bid on by 30 I reckon we can jump in and get someone before him

Gee people write some rubbish on here. Nasiah is not a speculative pick and was rated around the 15-20 by all reputable footy sources. Cal had him number 11.
Saints need elite skills by disposal and non-vanilla players. I can’t wait to see his progress over the next 3-5 years.
Amazing news about the NGAs. It’s been a long time since I have been this excited by the draft haul potential.

Ok so -

#7 = Owens
#13 = NWM

Sharman to #27 please. Although not a lefty, looks to be a steady shot at goal like my childhood hero George Young.

The 2 others available were Hobbs and Sinn (who went at pick 13 and 12 respectively).
Milera’s clips actually aren’t very impressive, is evasive, good kick but looks slow, extremely outside and no urgency in his game..

I've seen 5 minutes of highlights like you, how can you tell from a couple of highlight clips. Have a look at Billings highlight clip from 2021 and he looks like a superstar

Hope John Platten and Kevin sheehan are correct.. personally think either Hobbs or Sinn will help us more..Hobbs an inside mid, Sinn a Isaac Smith clone. Just read Owens is also a wing man, Winghager an utility mid.. one of our problem is getting the in the midfield.. unless we think Owens and Winghager can be both inside/outside beasts, it would have made more sense to pick Hobbs.
Hobbs could be a superstar or a Dunstan clone, I was hot on Sinn but to call Owens a winger is not correct, he has more chance becoming a midfielder than Windhager who is still a potential mid.

So we got Byrnes and Bytel in the draft as mids, recruited Jones and Crouch as mids, NWM is a mid (wingman) and Owens and Windhager are possible mids.

Higgins is a potential mid, Clark is a real chances to be a mid, and Gres is a mid.

We aren't challenging for a flag next season, we get Bing and a possible FA mid.

So we have an abundance of mids. I would have been OK with Sinn, but we have Hobbs covered as it stands and we don't have a NWM type on the list.

Ok so -

#7 = Owens
#13 = NWM

Save #2 for Big Ben I reckon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back