NBA Playoffs 2015 - the Wild, Wild Western Conference (come and get 2 pts closer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Devo for the Clippers but they had every opportunity to put their foot on the throat and instead went to sleep. Warriors have been off and on too though, hopefully West will still be a decent series.

wtf are u talking about… this is all the espn so called experts as u say
View attachment 135410

View attachment 135411

Dude... it's ESPN.

Besides it's not like any of them predicted a sweep - it was mostly Clips in 6 or 7. Which, let's face it, nearly happened.

I'm saying no one has rated the rockets all year….

- the rockets got worse because they lost parsons, asik and lin
- harden is overrated
- the rockets are a 7 or 8 seed
- the rockets won't advancee out of the 1st round
- the rockets might lose to the macs
- the rockets will lose to the clips

see a trend?

1) Some people liked your trade of Parsons for Ariza, including yours truly. Pre-season it did looks as if you'd miss the depth Asik and Lin provided, but then you added Smith, Brewer and Prig in-season, which many people thought were shrewd low-cost moves.

2) Harden is not liked, doesn't necessarily mean people think he's overrated.

3) Said who? And when?

4) Ditto?

5) Dunno who was tipping the Mavs, but they obviously didn't watch Dallas post-Rondo trade.

6) The Clips had just beaten the defending champs and were essentially equal-seeding - hardly an outrageous prediction. Personally thought that the extra rest you received in the first round would help you compared to the Clips, but again... they were up 3-1 and had you dead to rights in Game 6.

It's true that people doubt Dwight and Kevin McHale... but that includes members of your own fanbase.

But yeah..

This gif sums up the 4th quarter of game six

homer_laugh.gif

Ppl in the background = Clips fans

Everyone else = Homer

Wow did the clips choke that series or what, I expect doc to be gone in the offseason. Warriors in 6.

Does anyone know if all the conference final games will be showing on foxtel? I have an account with ballstreams but am sharing it with 2 other mates so we won't all be able to watch the streams live at the same time. I have foxtel but the others don't. I'd watch the games with them but I'm in a different state now.

I still doubt McHale tbh. Kerr's game 4 adjustments were first rate, does mchale have that in him.... We shall see

Takes a ballsy coach to go with Terry, Brewer, Ariza, Smith and Howard when your 19 down in the third and 3-1 down in the series, and then to stay with them when you have the MVP runner up sitting on the pine. McHale is not an amazing coach by any means, but he still gets underrated. He is an extremely good player manager, and makes players comfortable and happy in their environment, which gives them the best chance to succeed. Ie. Josh Smith.

Sounds like Deandre Jordan could be leaving the Clippers in free agency too. Unless they can replace him with another quality big man I don't see them going any further next year with Spencer Hawes and Big Baby manning the middle.

There are some decent bigs available in the upcoming free agency though:
  • Marc Gasol
  • Lamarcus Aldridge
  • Brook Lopez
  • Greg Monroe
  • Al Jefferson
  • Tyson Chandler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Deandre Jordan could be leaving the Clippers in free agency too. Unless they can replace him with another quality big man I don't see them going any further next year with Spencer Hawes and Big Baby manning the middle.

There are some decent bigs available in the upcoming free agency though:
  • Marc Gasol
  • Lamarcus Aldridge
  • Brook Lopez
  • Greg Monroe
  • Al Jefferson
  • Tyson Chandler
From what I have heard the clippers don't have the cap space if they don't sign Jordan to get another all star quality big or player in any position for that matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a strong possibility the rockets will get swept. Houston has a similar playing style (high scoring up tempo game) to GS but the main differences are that they don't have anywhere the same level of defence nor do they have a coach who has reasonable tactical nous playing his pieces to their strengths and minimising weaknesses. Like I said there's a strong possibility they will get swept, would be lucky to win 1 let alone 2 games (take it to 6) IMO.

Don't think the Clips would've done much better given the atrocious bench they have and the over reliance on a midget (relatively speaking) to get them firing in the 4th quarter. Small players as talented as they are have too work extra hard to get space and time to get clean looks and their shots up in the regular season. In the PO the intensity goes several notches higher and it's a bad idea expecting a small player to have the endurance to carry the scoring load when the game is in the balance.

Blake as a 6'9" PF has to step up and carry the Clips scoring-wise in the last minutes of a close game but he is still far too tentative/timid deferring too much to CP for the Clips to be able to go all the way. Hopefully that it is addressed (as well as the GM/bench and other issues they have) in this off season and maybe the Clips can become serious contenders in the upcoming season.

Do the Clips go the other way and trade Paul to a contender and re-sign Jordan? Perhaps send him to Dallas for a pick/picks and Devin Harris?

Do the Clips go the other way and trade Paul to a contender and re-sign Jordan? Perhaps send him to Dallas for a pick/picks and Devin Harris?

I think if the Clips don't get Jordan to re-sign they have to break it up, if he does stay I can't see them changing anything. They can't rely on GM Doc though. I like the Blake for Durant deal that has been mentioned by a few people, I don't see Durant staying in OKC, Blake goes home and they stay contenders.

I still can not believe the Spurs were eliminated on the first round. I still can't believe Clippers were up 3-1 and lost the series. I still canr believe the Clippers were up by 17 points in the last quarter at home to close out the series ad lost.

GSW 4-1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back