Rumour Neil Balme is not the Head of Football

In the wake of the Balme bad news, do you think Darren Burgess will be at the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s just amazing that you can never underestimate the cancerous effect someone like Chapman has on an organisation.

his era should be struck from the record books and his name never uttered in AFC corridors again.

we are so on a massively different trajectory as a club now that that slug has been extricated.

off-field at least, lets hope this transfers to on-field soon

It’s just amazing that you can never underestimate the cancerous effect someone like Chapman has on an organisation.

his era should be struck from the record books and his name never uttered in AFC corridors again.

we are so on a massively different trajectory as a club now that that slug has been extricated.
Underestimate the influence a chairman of the board has on an organisation?

No one has more influence.

Just go look at the Carltons to see the effects.

Kelly is our current Head of Football. I don't think they will dump him but they'll obviously make up a role for him, which is fine. Kelly can stay or go. Balme immediately supersedes him.
The club should have room for both... just change the structure up.

I'm going to say it, the change 8n the posture and attitude of the club since Olsen replaced Chapman illustrates how bad Chapman's leadership was... insular, arrogant. Now we are proactive, aggressive. I'm not saying Olsen is directly involved, but culture is driven by the board and the Crows are a different outfit since this change happened.
Can't say I was a big fan of Olsen in politics, but I said at the time I would reserve my judgement based on results.

So far he is producing making necessary changes & bringing in quality people.... you know what Fagan promised but brought in plenty of duds instead.

Fix the off field & on field usually follows.

Way to go AFC. Burgess and a decent tackling coach next thanks. Just need a couple of big player trades as well and this offseason will be complete.
I’m hoping the new head of strength and Power, who has a wrestling and rugby background, may help. But technique definitely needs improvement.

Balme ✅
Burgess
Lukosius
Rankine
Dawson
Hopper
Stephens
Maynard
If we nail half of these in the off season it will be a good outcome.

I'm thinking 3 most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to say it, the change 8n the posture and attitude of the club since Olsen replaced Chapman illustrates how bad Chapman's leadership was... insular, arrogant. Now we are proactive, aggressive. I'm not saying Olsen is directly involved, but culture is driven by the board and the Crows are a different outfit since this change happened.

Absolutely spot on! People have said things like “the president doesn’t involve themselves day to day, how much difference could Chapman et al actually make?”. It makes a huge difference as to who is president, on the board and CEO. It’s called top down leadership. For all their faults, did Chapman ever stand up for the club like Kochie, Kennet or Eddie? The club has done so much wrong over the last 10 years or so, but the recent changes in personell off and on the field has got me genuinely excited for the first time in a very long time.

Presume the only person not thrilled with this news is Adam Kelly

* in before the usual vacuous apology telling me all is great, it was all agreed between them and actually it was Kelly’s idea

** save your breath. Bullshit
Given it looked like it was happening last year, have to wonder how we have planned to use both or if Kelly is moved on.

Back