Universal Love "Never Toumpas Apart" - Jimmy, I like your hustle, thats why it was so hard to cut you

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel bad for him honestly, just comes across as a guy who isn't committed enough. Kinda like Watts but with a lot less ability.

Can't think of anyone in recent memory who is a better exponent of hitting the panic button. Can't see someone who goes to water under pressure as badly as he does playing sport for a living.

Can't think of anyone in recent memory who is a better exponent of hitting the panic button. Can't see someone who goes to water under pressure as badly as he does playing sport for a living.

IMG_0276.JPG

Brothers, it is time for a quick Toump Quiz. First prize is a bowl of Mousakka from Jimmy's Mum

No cheating!!!!!!!!

Which club did the Toump play for before the Dees?

What was his weight at the time of the National Draft?

True or false - did Callum Twomey pen the following thoughts re the 2012 National Draft?

“The Demons snare Toumpas at pick four, despite the South Australian being touted a top-three prospect for most of the year. And they'll love him, too, with his class, poise and goalkicking skills excellent for a midfielder. He had an interrupted season with a niggling hip injury, which required surgery at the end of the year, but he'll be fine for the club's pre-season and for next year. Announced himself as a draft pick in this sort of range late last year, when he starred for SANFL side Woodville-West Torrens as they charged to the league premiership. Has excellent leadership qualities that were on show as captain of his state this season, and some already see him growing into an AFL captain (FMD).”

Is Jimmy Greek, Greek Cypriot or Greek Maso?

What is the highest number of goals he kicked for the Dees?

Which Melbourne player publicly blamed him for the loss against St Kilda in 2015?

Irrespective of whether it is a home or away game, what colour are Jimmy’s shorts at the end of a match?

Which Melbourne player got into a biffo with the Toump and lived to tell the tale?

When does Jimmy’s current contract come to an end?

What will Jimmy being doing in 2018?

During the 2016 defeat against Geelong, how often was Jimmy caught with the ball “seemingly oblivious to the traffic around him and then pinged for diving on it.”?

I feel bad for him honestly, just comes across as a guy who isn't committed enough. Kinda like Watts but with a lot less ability.
I don't understand how you arrived at this conclusion.

I don't question his commitment at all... he's just s**t.

(Sorry if you're reading this Jimmy).

I don't understand how you arrived at this conclusion.

I don't question his commitment at all... he's just s**t.

(Sorry if you're reading this Jimmy).

Never looks in great shape

Never goes too hard on the field

Seems very happy with himself when he has an average game

Ticks all the boxes for someone who just doesn't want it enough, unfortunately that is compounded by the fact he is pretty s**t.

OFFICIAL "THE TOUMP" ALERT

Robbie Gray wants to lead Power towards bright future so he . . . . . .

fe2e467d69ffcb95c7979f4f08e56862

Robbie Gray handpasses to Jimmy Toumpas during pre-season training. Picture: Sarah Reed

Brothers, it is time for a quick Toump Quiz. First prize is a bowl of Mousakka from Jimmy's Mum

No cheating!!!!!!!!

Which club did the Toump play for before the Dees? Woodville West Torrens

What was his weight at the time of the National Draft? 42 but he's shredded down to 25 now.

True or false - did Callum Twomey pen the following thoughts re the 2012 National Draft?

“The Demons snare Toumpas at pick four, despite the South Australian being touted a top-three prospect for most of the year. And they'll love him, too, with his class, poise and goalkicking skills excellent for a midfielder. He had an interrupted season with a niggling hip injury, which required surgery at the end of the year, but he'll be fine for the club's pre-season and for next year. Announced himself as a draft pick in this sort of range late last year, when he starred for SANFL side Woodville-West Torrens as they charged to the league premiership. Has excellent leadership qualities that were on show as captain of his state this season, and some already see him growing into an AFL captain (FMD).”
No way...
Is Jimmy Greek, Greek Cypriot or Greek Maso? Greek Yoghurt, soft all the time

What is the highest number of goals he kicked for the Dees? -1 against the Saints and Montagna

Which Melbourne player publicly blamed him for the loss against St Kilda in 2015? Jeremy Howe?(legit unsure)

Irrespective of whether it is a home or away game, what colour are Jimmy’s shorts at the end of a match? In autumn/spring the s**t dries so it becomes yellow

Which Melbourne player got into a biffo with the Toump and lived to tell the tale? Cake Morton

When does Jimmy’s current contract come to an end? Whenever the China experiment fails and port realise playing actual footy is better than trying to attract hordes of foreign fans.

What will Jimmy being doing in 2018? Racking up 2 disposals in the SANFL reserves

During the 2016 defeat against Geelong, how often was Jimmy caught with the ball “seemingly oblivious to the traffic around him and then pinged for diving on it.”? None. The "Melbourne Stain" had been cleaned off him by then...

When the Dees play Poort, we should organise something with the guys from their board and call it the Toump Cup
I wonder if the Toump will actually play in the Toump Cup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes, Comrades, the Toump continues to kick goals off-field . . .

Port Adelaide midfielder Jimmy Toumpas gets call up as AFL multi-cultural ambassador

PORT Adelaide midfielder Jimmy Toumpas cannot match AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou - also of Greek heritage - for telling tales on ethnic slurs from the boundary line.

The Carlton fan who placed a fish-and-chips order with Demetriou as he picked up the ball from the fence at Princes Park when he played for North Melbourne in the 1980s is a recurring gag in the former AFL boss’ speeches.

But as Toumpas, 23, today steps up to an AFL ambassadorship for the league’s multicultural agenda, he accepts the battle to have more and more cultural diversity accepted in Australian football has made “massive ground”.

At Alberton, that strength in diversity is measured beyond Port Adelaide’s academy with indigenous players to now focus on China with Team China captain Chen Shaoliang and Africa, in particular Uganda with South Adelaide recruit, rookie-listed midfielder Emmanuel Irra.

Toumpas today replaces retired Power full-back Alipate Carlile as the only SA-based player with an ambassador’s commission in the AFL-Australian Post multicultural campaign.

7f104d2b4bd7364623844565b91cfaa9

Chen Shaoliang, Jimmy Toumpas and Emmanuel Irra at Alberton Oval. Picture: Sarah ReedSource:News Corp Australia

The 2012 No.4 draftee (with Melbourne) is grateful he can take on that task as a “role model” for teenagers at the Underdale High School football academy - particularly those from Australia’s new wave of immigrants - rather than fighting the racism issue from Demetriou’s era.

“It was never an issue for me; I never had racism as times have changed from when my Dad was my age,” Toumpas said. “In the AFL we have made massive ground.

“It’s awesome to be appreciated for my cultural background - and to work as an ambassador in that way for four years now.

“I’m really passionate about it - and become more passionate as it has gone on.

“At Underdale (High), you are seen as a role model - someone they can relate to. Sometimes they don’t feel they fit it as Sudanese, Chinese or Thai. They look at you (as an AFL player with a Greek culture) and think if I can fit in, so can they. That makes you feel pretty special - and enjoyable to take on this role.”

The AFL multi-cultural round will be in Round 19, from July 28-30. Port Adelaide will host St Kilda at Adelaide Oval in a Saturday twilight match.

yes, Comrades, the Toump continues to kick goals off-field . . .

Port Adelaide midfielder Jimmy Toumpas gets call up as AFL multi-cultural ambassador

PORT Adelaide midfielder Jimmy Toumpas cannot match AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou - also of Greek heritage - for telling tales on ethnic slurs from the boundary line.

The Carlton fan who placed a fish-and-chips order with Demetriou as he picked up the ball from the fence at Princes Park when he played for North Melbourne in the 1980s is a recurring gag in the former AFL boss’ speeches.

But as Toumpas, 23, today steps up to an AFL ambassadorship for the league’s multicultural agenda, he accepts the battle to have more and more cultural diversity accepted in Australian football has made “massive ground”.

At Alberton, that strength in diversity is measured beyond Port Adelaide’s academy with indigenous players to now focus on China with Team China captain Chen Shaoliang and Africa, in particular Uganda with South Adelaide recruit, rookie-listed midfielder Emmanuel Irra.

Toumpas today replaces retired Power full-back Alipate Carlile as the only SA-based player with an ambassador’s commission in the AFL-Australian Post multicultural campaign.

7f104d2b4bd7364623844565b91cfaa9

Chen Shaoliang, Jimmy Toumpas and Emmanuel Irra at Alberton Oval. Picture: Sarah ReedSource:News Corp Australia

The 2012 No.4 draftee (with Melbourne) is grateful he can take on that task as a “role model” for teenagers at the Underdale High School football academy - particularly those from Australia’s new wave of immigrants - rather than fighting the racism issue from Demetriou’s era.

“It was never an issue for me; I never had racism as times have changed from when my Dad was my age,” Toumpas said. “In the AFL we have made massive ground.

“It’s awesome to be appreciated for my cultural background - and to work as an ambassador in that way for four years now.

“I’m really passionate about it - and become more passionate as it has gone on.

“At Underdale (High), you are seen as a role model - someone they can relate to. Sometimes they don’t feel they fit it as Sudanese, Chinese or Thai. They look at you (as an AFL player with a Greek culture) and think if I can fit in, so can they. That makes you feel pretty special - and enjoyable to take on this role.”

The AFL multi-cultural round will be in Round 19, from July 28-30. Port Adelaide will host St Kilda at Adelaide Oval in a Saturday twilight match.
He's certainly got plenty of time for the role ... without the responsibilities and travel demands etc of playing AFL level football.

He's certainly got plenty of time for the role ... without the responsibilities and travel demands etc of playing AFL level football.

Boo to you. I was going to come up with some quip wishing him well in his post-AFL career but you've said what needed to be said.

Jimmy didn't get a Guernsey in the JLT but he had a run in the intra club bash.....

Read on Toumpas tragics

From Port Power forum ..........

Just got home from the family day.
Overall some really good signs, some blokes really surprised me.

Boak. Solid but didn't star.

SPP. Took a while to work into the game. Started slowly and I thought got better as the game went on.

Neade. In and out of the game, didn't have a lot of it.

Ryder. Gun, played only the first half.

Broady. Pretty quiet, I think he only played the first half as well.

Ebert. Played really well. Composed and ball use was really good.

Hartlett. Played a really good first quarter, didn't see a lot him after that.

Young. Good game, composed around the goals and a really good reader of play.

Trengove. Very good first half, quieter in the second. Looked comfortable playing forward.

Frampton. Got better and better as the game went on. Good in general play, did ok in ruck contest. Liked his game.

Amon. Played 4 consistent quarters. Liked his game.

Wines. OK first half, very strong second half. His hand balling a real feature along with tackling.

Clurey. Little quiet, has genuine competition for his spot but more on that later.

Toumpas. No real impact.

White. Quiet first half, didn't notice him in the second so may have been taken off.

Wingard. Holy s**t, BOG. Looks switched on. No hair flicking or strutting, just focused on the game and was dynamite.

Polec. Was BOG at the end of the first quarter, played a good game. Composed and classy circa 2014.

Dixon. Had a good battle with Austin. Held his marks which was really pleasing. Moved well, had a cracker 3rd quarter.

Lobbe. Thought he played well. Strong in ruck contests, took a few marks, tackled well.

Impey. Bit in and out of the game. Did some really nice things just not enough of it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back