Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Alex Pearce

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u2.jpg

Few pearl clutchers upset over an opinion.

Again, respect Fyfe as a player, but his leadership, in my opinion hasn't been succesful.

One only has to look at the exodus of talent that has left the club during his tenure as skipper, that's not all his fault but where there is smoke...

I'm not the only one who doesn't worship at the altar of his captaincy.

Few pearl clutchers upset over an opinion.

Again, respect Fyfe as a player, but his leadership, in my opinion hasn't been succesful.

One only has to look at the exodus of talent that has left the club during his tenure as skipper, that's not all his fault but where there is smoke...

I'm not the only one who doesn't worship at the altar of his captaincy.

You’re credibility just got shot quoting a flog like Cornes.

Pointing to win-loss to substantiate a claim about leadership isn't all that sound (or fair).

Also, just quietly (and not when he's potting the Weavils), appealing to the authority that is Kane Cornes hardly does an argument any good.

I'd wager Cornes is a bit dirty on Fyfe for screwing down the coffin lid on Cornes' career.

KANES CORNES SAID:

The power of the modern midfielder meant guys that weighed 79 kilograms like me didn’t really have a place.

Fyfe was at one stage looking at me and laughing.

He actually said to me, "What are you going to do, you old skinny man?"

He actually turned to me and said, "I’m going to take you straight forward." Which he did, and he kicked a goal within 30 seconds. I thought, "I’m done here."

Without wanting to encourage those who are trolling it’s obvious some here don’t understand the difference between narcissism & perfectionists.

I’ve been a musician for 40 years & there are plenty who are happy having a few beers & near enough is good enough & some who want to get it right & don’t care how many times you have to rehearse it. There are those who learn every note before they even get to rehearsal & those who come to rehearsal to learn the notes.

People who like to get it right learn fairly quickly they only want to be in a band with others who share their values.

Some who are perfectionists make great bandleaders but not all of them are necessarily nice guys or easy to work with. Some can learn better interpersonal skills & leadership skills but very few are born with all of it & freakish talent already installed.

None of which has anything to do with narcissism.

Elite athletes are closer to psychopathy than they are narcissists in that they don't believe they are more important than other people but that they know their need to be more self focused with their time and energy to achieve their goals.

Gold Coast has been chirping behind the scenes about landing their big fish and preparing their salary cap for him*, I appreciate that some believe Fyfe would sacrifice half a million dollars to win a flag, I'm not sure.

*him = the big fish

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Without wanting to encourage those who are trolling it’s obvious some here don’t understand the difference between narcissism & perfectionists.

I’ve been a musician for 40 years & there are plenty who are happy having a few beers & near enough is good enough & some who want to get it right & don’t care how many times you have to rehearse it. There are those who learn every note before they even get to rehearsal & those who come to rehearsal to learn the notes.

People who like to get it right learn fairly quickly they only want to be in a band with others who share their values.

Some who are perfectionists make great bandleaders but not all of them are necessarily nice guys or easy to work with. Some can learn better interpersonal skills & leadership skills but very few are born with all of it & freakish talent already installed.

None of which has anything to do with narcissism.

I've spent the majority of my life as a perfectionist, as well as battling depression and anxiety over the years. It took a long time to accept and come to terms with the two aspects being linked. It's also taken years to develop skills as a leader. In my early days in business, I bounced between setting impossible standards for myself (and in doing so, others) as that was my idea of leadership through modelling behaviour to strive for the best, and feeling frustrated at falling short and 'the gap' between the toxic ideal and reality.

For me, this stuff with Fyfe hits close to home. I won't pretend to know what his world has been like, but I feel I can relate to a small part of it, especially what's starting to come out recently. Some of the words written on these boards are thoughtless at best. I appreciate you drawing a clear distinction there E-Shed as a considered poster, and agree with what you've said

At this rate, seems like we’ll do it on the plane over to play the saints.

Longmuir said in the interview they are giving everyone an opportunity to press their claim but that they want to go in to the games against the Adelaide sides with the new leadership so they get a bit of practice running out under the new Captain(s).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm gonna throw a name out there that hasn't been touted who I personally wouldn't mind seeing - but highly doubt it as he's too 'new'!

Jaeger O'Meara

I think he has captain material written all over him and was mentioned as a leader and cool head by Freddy I think it was?! Pretty sure he captained the Hawks at times too, filling in.......at the very least he should be in the leadership group, which I have a feeling will be the case

I'm gonna throw a name out there that hasn't been touted who I personally wouldn't mind seeing - but highly doubt it as he's too 'new'!

Jaeger O'Meara

I think he has captain material written all over him and was mentioned as a leader and cool head by Freddy I think it was?! Pretty sure he captained the Hawks at times too, filling in.......at the very least he should be in the leadership group, which I have a feeling will be the case
While you're correct, he is captain material, it ain't gonna happen.

Back