Prediction New whipping boy?

New whipping boy?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How about no whipping boy..................................... why cant we just support every player on the team for who and what they are............................

Hard to support some of the players over the years. Turn over after turn over etc. But hey they just need time lol

Hard to support some of the players over the years. Turn over after turn over etc. But hey they just need time lol
Easy to support players, good or bad.
Just my way and I acknowledge that others may differ.

i was going talk about short potentially being a whipping boy but cant get away from your ellis love fest comments
The ones from over a week ago?
There is no love fest, feel free to check my posting history and you’ll see I don’t have love or hate fests.
Just have a chuckle when big brave posters call out a players courage that’s all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's hard to acknowledge that to even be selected on an AFL list means you are at the very least a hard working athlete, i don't think people realise just how hard it is to even make it that far.

The ones from over a week ago?
There is no love fest, feel free to check my posting history and you’ll see I don’t have love or hate fests.
Just have a chuckle when big brave posters call out a players courage that’s all.
You have some sort of funny idea that all players at AFL are courageous. Why stop at AFL. The Afl is merely a reflection of what goes on in society imo of course.
The simple fact is at all levels there are lets say softer types who dont like contact.Yes Rodney even in the AFL, Ellis IS one of those.
As i said i reckon the way the game is policed at the top level the lower levels get a bumb rap.

You have some sort of funny idea that all players at AFL are courageous. Why stop at AFL. The Afl is merely a reflection of what goes on in society imo of course.
The simple fact is at all levels there are lets say softer types who dont like contact.Yes Rodney even in the AFL, Ellis IS one of those.
As i said i reckon the way the game is policed at the top level the lower levels get a bumb rap.
Do you make it to the AFL if you’re soft?

There is no way to make it to the AFL if you are genuinely 'soft'
If you are, you won't be able to gather enough of the ball in juniors to get noticed.

I can see why Ellis may be labelled 'soft' compared to the rest of the AFL, but compared to the rest of society, Ellis is not soft.

Do you make it to the AFL if you’re soft?
depending on how you want to interpret the word soft then yes there are plenty of soft players in the AFL as there is in other leagues.

It takes discipline dedication lots of hard work and obviously talent. But not all of them get there on courage

depending on how you want to interpret the word soft then yes there are plenty of soft players in the AFL as there is in other leagues.

It takes discipline dedication lots of hard work and obviously talent. But not all of them get there on courage
You wouldn’t get on an AFL list at any stage if you were soft. You couldn’t.

There are plenty of “soft” players in the AFL. It’s not everyone’s job to “put their body on the line” and go off with a blood rule every week. Ellis played his role well. If he hadn’t, he would have been dropped.

As to this thread, if Butler makes it back into the team, he is a good candidate.

Seems to me the requirement is to have a role that does not involve a lot of possessions, but requires a lot of running, chasing and space-filling. On second thoughts, Rioli is perfect.
The Rioli name trumps any criticism. But in fairness he did look average for quite a few games after a heavy collision. I hope our selectors look at the fact the flags were won playing 37 players or so. I wanna see any niggling injury rested.

George will forever be my whipping boy. Can you imagine if we lost the granny by a goal or two? Boy oh boy
Not for me. Not when the first 2 behinds were on the run. Plus his straight kicking in the prelim(when JR couldn't kick a goal) redeemed him. Without George we wouldn't have even made it to the GF.

The Rioli name trumps any criticism. But in fairness he did look average for quite a few games after a heavy collision. I hope our selectors look at the fact the flags were won playing 37 players or so. I wanna see any niggling injury rested.

Daniel Rioli wasnt soft like Ellis

he often put himself where angels fear to tread and sometimes got smashed

Back