New Zealand summer of cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to the game today. Hopefully a repeat of the World Cup Final.

Rather a repeat of the World Cup Group Match myself!

2nd ODI: Warner, Maxwell, Khawaja, Smith, Head, Faulkner, Wade, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Zampa

Is it just me or does Matt Henry have a little bit of Shane Bond about his action?

Not just you. I've been saying it for quite a while, not that anyone I know cares to listen!

Hmm would say that both Ferguson and Milne are much more Bond than Henry. Not that they (Bond & Henry) are too dissimilar, but there's a bit more of the looseness that Bond had in his action in their actions.

Interesting to see where Bangladesh are at away from home against a good team. They've had a good preparation in Sydney over the last month.

Did anyone just here Kyle Mills talking about not bowling yorkers late in the innings then Bangladesh getting a wicket with a yorker off the next ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone just here Kyle Mills talking about not bowling yorkers late in the innings then Bangladesh getting a wicket with a yorker off the next ball.

I turned over just before Ronchi got bowled and they were talking about not bowling certain deliveries, but that certainly wasn't a yorker

Neil Broom with a hundred. Now that's a blast from the past.

Yeah he was a bit of a regular for the Kiwis throughout 2009/10. Probably the most notable thing about him back then was the furore after Haddin knocked off the bails in Perth and claimed he was bowled. But awesome innings today coming in when they were in trouble and didn't skip a beat. Won them the game.

Bangladesh really have imploded from a position of strength. Could argue that they have done so twice given the Broom/Ronchi partnership and now the collapse with the bat.

Well it kind of doesn't count as he's already come back and played tests, but domestic legend Jeetan Patel is back in for the next ODI - his last was the 2009 Champions Trophy Final in South Africa which we won off the back of Ponting and Watson tons.

Would have liked to see Bangladesh convert their positions of strength and win this series. They're showing genuine improvement but it needs to keep being converted in to results.

Would have liked to see Bangladesh convert their positions of strength and win this series. They're showing genuine improvement but it needs to keep being converted in to results.

Caught a decent portion of the series (couple of hours of each match) and whilst their bowling is at quite a good competitive level away from home, the fielding was utterly abysmal. Batting is still very hot and cold too. They're on the right path but geez it's frustrating sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back