Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 113 27.4%
  • No

Votes: 299 72.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why you expecting a Bagger to understand!

GOATcos in just his 3rd season is now the most impactful stoppage and clearance player in the game.

He already showed how good he is with ball in hand on the outside.

And he is has just ticked over 50 games and still putting size on his small frame.

Gaz Jnr was still a speculative small forward at this point of his career, it wasnt until his sixth season after had already played 100 games, when he had the size, power and endurance to be moved to midfield.
Very happy to run with this, GOATcos has a nice ring to it

What’s Charlie Curnow got to do with a Nick Daicos related thread ?
there's a million players mentioned in this thread .you might as well start copying and pasting your comment for every poster who has mentioned any player other than Nick Daicos. I will wait to see the results

there's a million players mentioned in this thread .you might as well start copying and pasting your comment for every poster who has mentioned any player other than Nick Daicos. I will wait to see the results
You replied to my post by mentioning Charlie Curnow when it’s a Nick Daicos thread, if you can point me in the direction of the Charlie Curnow thread I’ll be more then happy to post about GOATcos there.

BTW you’ll be waiting a while on these results.

Yep, he might be the greatest rover of all time if he keeps going at this rate
High praise. Other great rovers include Dick Reynolds (a strong candidate for GOAT player), Harry Collier (ditto), Haydn Bunton Snr (ditto), I'm sure there are others.

Its almost like you put your best players on the ball, so they can win contests and move it forward...

High praise. Other great rovers include Dick Reynolds (a strong candidate for GOAT player), Harry Collier (ditto), Haydn Bunton Snr (ditto), I'm sure there are others.

Its almost like you put your best players on the ball, so they can win contests and move it forward...
Apparently it's taboo to mention other players other than Nick daicos is this thread

Apparently it's taboo to mention other players other than Nick daicos is this thread
Not true, you can mention other GOATs and GOAT candidates.

So not Curnow or SoS or lower tier players like that...dammit...

the incredibles syndrome GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kingy on 360 tonight predicted that with more midfield minutes, Rankine could challenge Daicos as the #1 player in the game...
Fudgey, Kingy has been squeaking to the world for the last 2 months that Heeney is the best player in the game and I think just about everyone in the Australia bar you and a few nuffies would recognize he's playing better footy than anyone else this season. Including Daicos.

By a longggg way.

Fudgey, Kingy has been squeaking to the world for the last 2 months that Heeney is the best player in the game and I think just about everyone in the Australia bar you and a few nuffies would recognize he's playing better footy than anyone else this season. Including Daicos.

By a longggg way.
Heeney, with a single All-Australian to his name, the best player in the game as a result of a purple patch of form at the start of his 10th season in the system?

There is a difference between having played the best footy over a two month period (to which I agree) and being anointed the best player in the game.

Heeney, with a single All-Australian to his name, the best player in the game as a result of a purple patch of form at the start of his 10th season in the system?

There is a difference between having played the best footy over a two month period (to which I agree) and being anointed the best player in the game.
Theres so much stupid in this post it's hard to even respond.

Generally the best player in the competition is... you know... The player playing the best footy that season...

But regardless, Bont was the best performed player in 2023, Heeney is the best performed so far in 2024.

Nick has been the best player in the comp for a grand total of 0 seasons.

Theres so much stupid in this post it's hard to even respond.

Generally the best player in the competition is... you know... The player playing the best footy that season...

But regardless, Bont was the best performed player in 2023, Heeney is the best performed so far in 2024.

Nick has been the best player in the comp for a grand total of 0 seasons.
Hmmmm....

So using your theory, as at round 18 2023, the best player in the competition was....???

Streaming from stoppage, you are saying Naicos doesn't compare to Judd? I would agree, when he kicks it goes to his team mate and damages. Judd was a superstar, but also Dangerfield like in his crap kicking and turnovers.

Naicos will never be GOAT to all as he is not hard/tough enough. But he will likely be the most skilful the game has ever seen. He's pretty clutch too.
lol dude, Naicos is nowhere near Judd's level but yes Naicos has kicked some clutch goals I'll give you that.

Him and Sheezel are basically the same level.

Oh. So not the player who was leading every single individual award on offer by the same margin Isaac Heeney is now.

Not to mention the fact that by round 18 2023, we had twice as much data available.

That's interesting.
One was playing midfield getting tagged every second game in a rubbish side, the other had only just moved from playing as a loose half back flanker with almost 0 opposition attention each week in the top side. We also then got to see what happens when Nick gets tagged by a competent opponent in Rd 21 when he came up against Finn Maginness... Think everyone agreed it was rather embarrassing for young Nicky boy.

So yeah... Marcus Bontempelli in 2023. Isaac Heeney in 2024.

Back