Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stat padder.

Felt like he had next to no impact on the actual result itself.

Only good play was that one on the wing.

Rest of his game was completely forgettable.

Daicos played a very good game. Probably somewhere in the mix as 8-12th best player on the ground. He was definitely behind Hill, Coleman, Daniher, Crisp, Mitchell, McCluggage and Andrews… then in the mix with DeGoey, Pendles, Howe and Sidebum.

Analysing touches and contested can be misleading. I’m not sure how many kick outs he took? Then a free kick received is counted as a contested possession … so there’s 3 of his 11 contested. He had 2 clearances for the game and attended 20 CBA’s, so that’s a very poor return.

He went at 72% which was low given he had 12 handballs and 21 possessions not in a contest (his 3 free kicks count as contested).

So he played a good game with some excellent pieces of play to set up a couple of goals. But outside of those his game was just ok with a fair few turnovers and smothered kicks etc….

But for a 20yo coming off a long injury lay off he can be very proud of his performance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

People that can't run more than 1km before their lungs explode or they die of a heart attack.

People that eat saturated fats, processed sugary foods and spam that don't know what a vegetable is.

People that can't kick a footy more than 25 meters straight with no pressure, let alone on the run, and if they tried, would either fall over or pull a hammy.

People that look at a computer screen more than they look at themselves in the mirror, for if they did, they are instantly reminded of how fat, pathetic and disgusting they are.

These people are the quickest to judge and forget, in order to have a chance to be awarded a high contact free kick in an AFL Grand Final, the pinnacle of the most elite sport in Australia, you must be talented enough to be on an AFL list, talented enough to make the 22 of an AFL team, but most importantly you must be first to the ball, which Daicos is consistently, which requires a level of fitness none of you have, a level of skill none of you have and a level of nous none of you have.

In AFL, it always has been that first to the ball is initially advantaged, that means if they go in to get it, they are protected from any high contact and if any tackles thereafter slip high, the onus is on the tackler.

In AFL, they most times choose to tackle higher around the shoulders to stop any disposal, that is the risk the tackler makes.

In AFL, the umpires make the decision whether the player with the ball encouraged drawing high contact versus the tackler using force/technique that could have avoided high contact.

Nick Daicos does not make the decision.

Nick Daicos gets to the ball first more often than other players and from there, it's the umpires decision.

Every player in the AFL is taught to push elbows out to force tacklers hand to loose grip.

Every player in the AFL puts slippery oil s**t on their arms/shoulders to make them harder to grab onto, Buddy loved to lather himself up every quarter.

Opinions of fat nobodies mean nothing, Nick Daicos is widely regarded by most ex AFL players as being beyond elite in his second year.

Joel Selwood was the king at drawing high contact, as an opposition fan it was frustrating when the soft ones were paid and at the time I hated him for it, but I had to admit, I wish Collingwood had someone as hard and smart as him that could draw the soft high contact frees to ease the pressure of that moment like Selwood frequently did.

It's the rules and it's the AFL and umpires job to interpret those rules, Daicos gets more attention and does it better than most other players because he has the tank to get to more contests than other players, in his second year.

Accept the talent that he is or keep whinging.

Hahahahahaha.

Brisbane fans and impartial fans (equals, anti Collingwood fans). What a joke. The first one for the goal was clearly there.

Anyone gonna mention Coleman swinging his head back when he doesn't even get hit high? That free got them out of their defensive 50 when we had them pinned with 2 mins left.

He isn't the greatest player yet, not even in the conversation. But he would be the greatest young player (22 and under) to play in the modern era.

In 2007 Buddy Franklin was 20yo when he kicked 73 goals including 7 in a final. In 2008 he was 21yo (turned 21 in January) when he kicked 113 goals and won the Coleman and a flag.

In 2010 Richmond finished second bottom and Jack Riewoldt won the B&F and the Coleman with 78 goals… he was 21yo.

Chris Judd won the Brownlow in 2004 as a 20yo. (He turned 21 12-days before winning the medal).

And not sure if he qualifies as modern era, but Tony Lockett had turned 21yo at start of 1987, the year he kicked 117 goals and won the Brownlow.

Michael Voss turned 21yo halfway through 1996, the year he won the Brownlow.

Matthew Lloyd 22yo early in 2000, a year he kicked 100+ goals. He kicked 63, 70 then 87 as a 19yo, 20yo then 21yo in 1997,98,99.

I’m sure there are others under 22yo to lay claims to the title.

It’s easy to forget how great some of these player were at a young age.

Daicos played a very good game. Probably somewhere in the mix as 8-12th best player on the ground. He was definitely behind Hill, Coleman, Daniher, Crisp, Mitchell, McCluggage and Andrews… then in the mix with DeGoey, Pendles, Howe and Sidebum.

Analysing touches and contested can be misleading. I’m not sure how many kick outs he took? Then a free kick received is counted as a contested possession … so there’s 3 of his 11 contested. He had 2 clearances for the game and attended 20 CBA’s, so that’s a very poor return.

He went at 72% which was low given he had 12 handballs and 21 possessions not in a contest (his 3 free kicks count as contested).

So he played a good game with some excellent pieces of play to set up a couple of goals. But outside of those his game was just ok with a fair few turnovers and smothered kicks etc….

But for a 20yo coming off a long injury lay off he can be very proud of his performance.

I get what you're saying and I agree he had a good game.

His disposals and subsequent AF score is definitely padded by a lot of one-two's that aren't really necessary, as is his disposal count by taking kick ins.

That's not deriding his ability whatsoever, but people on the site tend to use DT scores and disposals as a measure of a player's impact more than what they actually do in game.

Ashcroft does this a lot also, handballing to stationary targets and running past for the receive when they could just bounce the ball and keep running.

He's a great young player for sure, and anyone would love him in the team.

Q1 - 17:30 - 2:30 into the game - Cox taps down, Daicos is exactly where any good mid would be, on the fly towards where the most likely position the ball would be, loose ball, clean collect, first tackle is borderline high, enter Jarrod Berry, dumb hand in hits Daicos in the face.

Accept it or continue to be as insufferably salty as the rest of the blind.

People that can't run more than 1km before their lungs explode or they die of a heart attack.

People that eat saturated fats, processed sugary foods and spam that don't know what a vegetable is.

People that can't kick a footy more than 25 meters straight with no pressure, let alone on the run, and if they tried, would either fall over or pull a hammy.

People that look at a computer screen more than they look at themselves in the mirror, for if they did, they are instantly reminded of how fat, pathetic and disgusting they are.

These people are the quickest to judge and forget, in order to have a chance to be awarded a high contact free kick in an AFL Grand Final, the pinnacle of the most elite sport in Australia, you must be talented enough to be on an AFL list, talented enough to make the 22 of an AFL team, but most importantly you must be first to the ball, which Daicos is consistently, which requires a level of fitness none of you have, a level of skill none of you have and a level of nous none of you have.

In AFL, it always has been that first to the ball is initially advantaged, that means if they go in to get it, they are protected from any high contact and if any tackles thereafter slip high, the onus is on the tackler.

In AFL, they most times choose to tackle higher around the shoulders to stop any disposal, that is the risk the tackler makes.

In AFL, the umpires make the decision whether the player with the ball encouraged drawing high contact versus the tackler using force/technique that could have avoided high contact.

Nick Daicos gets to the ball first more often than other players and from there, it's the umpires decision.

Every player in the AFL is taught to push elbows out to force tacklers hand to loose grip.

Every player in the AFL puts slippery oil s**t on their arms/shoulders to make them harder to grab onto, Buddy loved to lather himself up every quarter.

Opinions of fat nobodies mean nothing, Nick Daicos is widely regarded by most ex AFL players as being beyond elite in his second year.

Joel Selwood was the king at drawing high contact, as an opposition fan it was frustrating when the soft ones were paid and at the time I hated him for it, but I had to admit, I wish Collingwood had someone as hard and smart as him that could draw the soft high contact frees to ease the pressure of that moment like Selwood frequently did.

It's the rules and it's the AFL and umpires job to interpret those rules, Daicos gets more attention and does it better than most other players because he has the tank to get to more contests than other players, in his second year.

judgy mcjudgejudge over here telling us not to be judgemental

If that was the intent of your post then well done because I didn't read past you outing yourself as a flog

Flogs calling someone a flog for calling them a flog. Ow the irony…
I havent posted in this thread before that post(Pretty sure at least) so nope not me but there is no way im ignoring a flog calling everyone else a flog its the highest order of floggery there is and has to be called out, man up and admit what you are.

You can call me whatever you like though

I havent posted in this thread before that post(Pretty sure at least) so nope not me but there is no way im ignoring a flog calling everyone else a flog its the highest order of floggery there is and has to be called out, man up and admit what you are.

You can call me whatever you like though
You’re not a flog, I take it back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood have plenty as smart as Selwood (just not as hard - not a criticism, he’s just probably top 3 all time) who do it. Open the other eye

Clutch centre clearance win, spreads and gets forward to get the crumb, hands off to De Goey, pies back in front.

What a player. I have no idea how anyone can argue otherwise.

If his team sat 6-7th all year & then lost in a semi final there’d be no arguments about how good he is. Being a winning player means bitter criticism.

People forget he’s only a light/skinny 20 year old.

If his team sat 6-7th all year & then lost in a semi final there’d be no arguments about how good he is. Being a winning player means bitter criticism.

People forget he’s only a light/skinny 20 year old.
Yep, he can/will definitely get stronger. He was pushed off and missed a few tackles yesterday. The class is obvious though, elite by foot, but I haven’t see anyone better by hand than Nick.

There is nothing wrong with taking kickins. Obviously it means you are the player most trusted to do so. But when trying to understand how well a player has played by reference to his disposal numbers, the kickins need to be removed.
There you have it, folks. Take one disposal off Nick Daicos

You blokes should know how scary Dunkley is, he turned he-man Crippa back into an ammos player
You're comparing the most contested player in the comp, to the least contested player in the comp. Brisbanes last goal to daniher, he had McCluggage hemmed in on the boundary and couldn't lay a basic tackle. He needs to do something hard, just anything.

You're comparing the most contested player in the comp, to the least contested player in the comp. Brisbanes last goal to daniher, he had McCluggage hemmed in on the boundary and couldn't lay a basic tackle. He needs to do something hard, just anything.

No I’m not comparing them

You said Daicos went down when Dunkley brushed him, and I’m saying you should know that Dunkley is pretty scary.

Also, Crippa had 5 contested touches in the prelim. Daicos 11 in the big dance. 😮‍💨 🤫

He doesn't need to do anything other than he's already doing. A top 5 player in the comp at 20 years old.

Absolutely the 20 year old stood up. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just a sore loser.

It’s odd how most people here had Coleman as Lions Norm Smith if they’d gotten up, but you won’t hear anyone here mention his 5 kick out disposals because of the colour of his jumper/last name.

Your smartest sentence.

I’ll Chuck your name in the nom for the 2024 Norm Smith voting panel.

He would have stood taller if his knees didn’t buckle on cue. Now point out where I didn’t celebrate his Skill and worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back