NMFC cliches done to death

Remove this Banner Ad

Urmoe

Premiership Player
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Dec 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
Ive been thinking, and there are a few cliches Im really sick of hearing from commentators and supporters alike when it comes to our great club.

Apart from the well worn cliches about 'shinboner spirit' the two quotes I keep hearing that I will strangle the next guy I hear saying them are:

- Wells needs to be more selfish
- Swallow lacks awareness

Anyone have any more?

Lindsay Thomas gets decapitated and goes to ground holding his bloody neck cavity. Some peanut says "That's so un-North Melbourne like."

Lindsay Thomas gets decapitated and goes to ground holding his bloody neck cavity. Some peanut says "That's so un-North Melbourne like."

In addition to ^ : "Arch and/or Colby wouldn't have done that".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah, you just reminded me of another that shits me

"xxxxxxxx wont be in our next premiership team"

They are always saying that North Melbourne are a bunch of battlers. That shits me to tears.

We want to win back 'respect'.

Next week is the most important game we're going to play this season.

We'll come out fighting next week. That was a most un-North Melbourne-like effort.

[I prefer all these statements to be stored up, amended slightly and said AFTER we have had a win, or not at all]

Then there's the tendency to describe a 10 goal loss as "we matched 'em for three quarters. We've just got to remember the game goes for 100 minutes."

[This is usually a BS excuse and it assumes that we can turn it on whenever we like as if there was no opposition]

We want to win back 'respect'.

Next week is the most important game we're going to play this season.

We'll come out fighting next week. That was a most un-North Melbourne-like effort.

[I prefer all these statements to be stored up, amended slightly and said AFTER we have had a win, or not at all]

Then there's the tendency to describe a 10 goal loss as "we matched 'em for three quarters. We've just got to remember the game goes for 100 minutes."

[This is usually a BS excuse and it assumes that we can turn it on whenever we like as if there was no opposition]

Oh man, you managed to pick the best of the lot. That respect one pretty much pisses us all off. I reckon that if we had the chance to belt them, we probably would. I know you would MR. R.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back