Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest mistake of the last 15 years was not trading up the 3 spots it would have taken to get a selection ahead of Tarryn Thomas.

Considering how every other club has tackled the same situation since, it's quite embarrassing really. We are one the only club that has viewed it as a free hit to overpay and burn the pick in a trade rather than an opportunity to double dip in the draft like it is.

Bailey Smith or Ben King should be in a North jumper.
And made worse by selecting Polec with that free hit - the only positive being that we front ended it that now he’s probably on slightly above the average wage

But 100% should have tried to get inside the bid and failing that should have traded it for a future first

Pykie, the biggest mistake in the last 15 years was wasting the first round father son pick on Luke McDonald at number 8 when we could have had Patrick Cripps who went at number 13, wow what a huge blunder, we could have got a hard bodied midfielder with great leadership skills who would be captain of the club today, instead we get a dumb bloke like Luke McDonald who gets cheap kicks down the back in a pocket or flank and thinks that cheap stats matter. Worse still he gets votes and wins a B&F which in 2020 counts for nothing. Think about the next time you watch Cripps play and hear him speak. Very sad

Fair dinkum I think every post of yours I've seen has been pure ******* garbage.

Let's be honest and more objective, our last 15 years of first round drafting puts Luke at the very top of the iceberg. He is not hadopelagic.
Hadopelagic. Gee, that's a cracker - I've always had haberdashery at the top of my all time favourites, but hadopelagic, that's a contender, no doubt about it

The biggest mistake of the last 15 years was not trading up the 3 spots it would have taken to get a selection ahead of Tarryn Thomas.

Considering how every other club has tackled the same situation since, it's quite embarrassing really. We are one the only club that has viewed it as a free hit to overpay and burn the pick in a trade rather than an opportunity to double dip in the draft like it is.

Bailey Smith or Ben King should be in a North jumper.

The lack of imagination, creativity and aggressiveness going to the 2016-2018 drafts was frankly disgraceful. Throw massive coin at Free Agents and then just take the picks we 'earned' was pathetically naive, and when all the FAs sad no, it was straight out stupid. Absolutely amateurish.

Just poured a Jameson after watching David Noble's first on line Q&A. Believe we're seeing the start of a reset of our club's culture. Reminds me of Kanga Kennedy's appointment in 85. Final four or miss, at very least I believe Noble will set the foundations for success.
Slainte all North people.

Just poured a Jameson after watching David Noble's first on line Q&A. Believe we're seeing the start of a reset of our club's culture. Reminds me of Kanga Kennedy's appointment in 85. Final four or miss, at very least I believe Noble will set the foundations for success.
Slainte all North people.

There's a few interesting similarities.

IMO, Kanga doesn't get enough credit for putting in the early hard yards for what became the team of the 90's.

I like that with a coach who is respected and experienced this isn’t an issue and nothing he says sounds unrealistic.

Well, our 5 best players were Cunnington(29), Tarrant(31), Goldstein(32), Higgins(gone) and Brown(gone). We lost 2 this year and the other 3 do not have much time left, that is an inside mid, a ruckman and a key defender, all of which can take 2+ years to develop to the point they can play a full season of senior AFL football. McKay seems like a good and obvious replacement for Tarrant, we don't have a ruckman nor an inside midfielder of Cunnington's quality.

There is a lot that needs to go right for us to be able to bridge the gap from where we are atm to where Buckley thinks we can be in 2-3 years. Yeah, things can turn around quickly but unless we can get our players on the park and stay on the park we won't get within a mile of that target and that shouldn't be considered a failure of the coach.

The lack of imagination, creativity and aggressiveness going to the 2016-2018 drafts was frankly disgraceful. Throw massive coin at Free Agents and then just take the picks we 'earned' was pathetically naive, and when all the FAs sad no, it was straight out stupid. Absolutely amateurish.

It was the hallmark of someone promoted to the point of incompetence.

MW- Mason Wood. Was up for RFA this year but we delisted him instead
He’s soft! Scared of his own shadow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pykie, the biggest mistake in the last 15 years was wasting the first round father son pick on Luke McDonald at number 8 when we could have had Patrick Cripps who went at number 13, wow what a huge blunder, we could have got a hard bodied midfielder with great leadership skills who would be captain of the club today, instead we get a dumb bloke like Luke McDonald who gets cheap kicks down the back in a pocket or flank and thinks that cheap stats matter. Worse still he gets votes and wins a B&F which in 2020 counts for nothing. Think about the next time you watch Cripps play and hear him speak. Very sad

You’ll fit in well around here.

Abc Audio - starts at 29.30 in

I just dont know if the acquisitions of Stephenson, Atu and the half back from Bulldogs really addresses the speed out of the midfield. Surely you need to really draft proven players for that sort of confidence?

I just dont know if the acquisitions of Stephenson, Atu and the half back from Bulldogs really addresses the speed out of the midfield. Surely you need to really draft proven players for that sort of confidence?

They’re not just going to stop recruiting quick players because they got Jaidyn and Atu. A handful of quick players doesn’t make a side quick IMO, need leg speed across the field, on every line. Also FYI, Aiden Corr is probably the quickest player on our list now, guy is lightning quick.

Expect pace to be a big focus in the next two drafts.

was kinda hoping that wouldn't be the case... if not for anything else but the Roos/Roos headlines. Hopefully he will be very much background role.

I feel the opposite.

We’ve already seen what he was able to achieve with Noble. Hopefully it will be a master stroke!

I personally think having him involved can only be a positive for our club and I hope he plays a substantial role going forward.

As we know, to be a successful club you need the best of the best across the board which is something our club has lacked over time. Hopefully long gone are the days of ‘C’ grade operators at our club.

Well, our 5 best players were Cunnington(29), Tarrant(31), Goldstein(32), Higgins(gone) and Brown(gone). We lost 2 this year and the other 3 do not have much time left, that is an inside mid, a ruckman and a key defender, all of which can take 2+ years to develop to the point they can play a full season of senior AFL football. McKay seems like a good and obvious replacement for Tarrant, we don't have a ruckman nor an inside midfielder of Cunnington's quality.

There is a lot that needs to go right for us to be able to bridge the gap from where we are atm to where Buckley thinks we can be in 2-3 years. Yeah, things can turn around quickly but unless we can get our players on the park and stay on the park we won't get within a mile of that target and that shouldn't be considered a failure of the coach.

I think you are underselling Simpkin slightly.

Whilst he goes about it in a different way, his first 5-6 games this season actually exceeded Cunners best average clearance numbers across his best season.

Simpkin was sitting 3rd in the league in what was a historically strangely high clearance/game season before he copped those niggles and injuries.

If he can do it consistently across full seasons he actually has the scope to be a better clearance mid than Cunners imo.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back