Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on you David. Don't care a dime for the negativity around him, he's a good man and both us and him are in much better and happier places right now. If our mutual position is we were both stepping stones then so be it, wish him all the best.

The last two games has me returning back to this thread not to criticize or be negative but moreso realise that in 2021 and 2020, as we were going through a rebuild, that it was literally all in vein.
We literally were never going to see success or any improvement as a football club based on the personnel we had in senior positions at the club.

The reason I say this is because the list hasn’t changed all that considerably over the summer, yet footballers are doing things that we never thought was possible or achievable in such a short period of time.

Now I know it’s only 2 games but going over to Perth in round 2 and knocking over Freo on the rebound sans McKay and with so many kids named in the side is a win for the ages. Literally I never thought something like this was possible.

So from Clarko to Ratten to Viney to Shiels we finally have good people, the right people at the club and it couldn’t be in better hands.

All led by our great president Sonja who in my opinion will go down as one of the greats once she decides shes had enough.

Im thankful for Clarkson and co and we are genuinely truly blessed.

Last edited:
The last two games has me returning back to this thread not to criticize or be negative but moreso realise that in 2021 and 2020, as we were going through a rebuild, that it was literally all in vein.
We literally were never going to see success or any improvement as a football club based on the personnel we had in senior positions at the club.

The reason I say this is because the list hasn’t changed all that considerably over the summer, yet footballers are doing things that we never thought was possible or achievable in such a short period of time.

Now I know it’s only 2 games but going over to Perth in round 2 and knocking over Freo on the rebound sans McKay and with so many kids named in the side is a win for the ages. Literally I never thought something like this was possible.

So from Clarko to Ratten to Viney to Shiels we finally have good people, the right people at the club and it couldn’t be in better hands.

All led by our great president Sonja who in my opinion will go down as one of the greats once she decides shes had enough.

I kind of agree but I do think Sheez, Shiels and Logue have made a big difference to our onfield performances.

But you can also see the difference the off field guys have made.

We really need to sign Ratten to a full time contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its easy to say in hindsight, but Noble & Shaw were the most disastrous appointments we could have ever made.
I also believe BScott will prove he's not that bad of a coach, unfortunately.

I think essington will fall hard and i say that without bias. Watching them for the last two weeks due to a * supporting partner . They're very outside and Ross will spiflicate them.

They've beaten the 18th and 16th placed sides. We've knocked off the 13th and 9th.

Its easy to say in hindsight, but Noble & Shaw were the most disastrous appointments we could have ever made.

Noble clearly wasn't the right man for the job, so this isn't meant to come across as defending him.

However, it seriously cannot be overstated how damaging having Shaw depart unexpectedly was for the club. Created absolute chaos and destroyed our internal cohesion/structure, and ANY coach (even Clarko) stepping in to that mess would have had an incredibly difficult time.

Its a real sliding doors thing, if we didnt fail so hard we needed a new coach at that time it wouldn't even be up for discussion. Also thank f for Sonja.

I think essington will fall hard and i say that without bias. Watching them for the last two weeks due to a * supporting partner . They're very outside and Ross will spiflicate them.

They've beaten the 18th and 16th placed sides. We've knocked off the 13th and 9th.
I hope you are right.

Not enough love for the term spiflocate these days.

As kids we knew we were in for it if we were going to be spiflocated!

Noble clearly wasn't the right man for the job, so this isn't meant to come across as defending him.

However, it seriously cannot be overstated how damaging having Shaw depart unexpectedly was for the club. Created absolute chaos and destroyed our internal cohesion/structure, and ANY coach (even Clarko) stepping in to that mess would have had an incredibly difficult time.
And Scott’s had him lined up as his successor.

Don't really want to rag on Noble. I think he was genuinely committed to embracing and improving the club but it just didn't work out.

Have much less admiration for a certain snake oil merchant who talked a big, selfless message then ****ed us at the contract table AND from within head office. But anyway..

Noble took over at the lowest ebb footy wise in the last 25+ years. The list was in tatters, morale was at an all time low. He had Ben Buckley as a president, Dilena mysteriously axed and replaced by Amarfio as CEO, only John Blakey as an experienced credible assistant and Glen Luff was list manager with no demonstrated background in that area for a club.

I think he sealed his own fate not intercepting the Tarrant discussions or getting himself a mature KPF to cover Larkey, instead probably trusting the list managers too much. As a result he seriously exposed the team's weaknesses because it started off structurally rooted before games even started.

2021 looked pretty promising. But it was obvious in the 2022 preseason that the positive sentiment of 2021 had completely evaporated and we were in all kinds of a mess. A couple of us suggested kicking the tyres on Clarkson at the time and got ridiculed for jumping off Noble so quickly (anyone can find those arguments with the search function..).

It is what it is. Noble and North didn't make it but I respect him for giving it a go and approaching it with passion. When almost nobody else wanted to.

Don't really want to rag on Noble. I think he was genuinely committed to embracing and improving the club but it just didn't work out.

Have much less admiration for a certain snake oil merchant who talked a big, selfless message then ****ed us at the contract table AND from within head office. But anyway..

Noble took over at the lowest ebb footy wise in the last 25+ years. The list was in tatters, morale was at an all time low. He had Ben Buckley as a president, Dilena mysteriously axed and replaced by Amarfio as CEO, only John Blakey as an experienced credible assistant and Glen Luff was list manager with no demonstrated background in that area for a club.

I think he sealed his own fate not intercepting the Tarrant discussions or getting himself a mature KPF to cover Larkey, instead probably trusting the list managers too much. As a result he seriously exposed the team's weaknesses because it started off structurally rooted before games even started.

2021 looked pretty promising. But it was obvious in the 2022 preseason that the positive sentiment of 2021 had completely evaporated and we were in all kinds of a mess. A couple of us suggested kicking the tyres on Clarkson at the time and got ridiculed for jumping off Noble so quickly (anyone can find those arguments with the search function..).

It is what it is. Noble and North didn't make it but I respect him for giving it a go and approaching it with passion. When almost nobody else wanted to.
We still have so much improvement to go under Clarko, but this time last year we had just played like trash against West Coast and the writing was on the wall. Brisbane hammered us at the Gabba in what was a solidification of our pre-season form.

Fast forward 12 months and not only did we beat West Coast again, we just got back from the road trip to Perth where we knocked over a mob who has had their way with us for the past 4 years.

The improvement has just been remarkable.
Were all feeling blessed, thankful, all those warm fuzzy feelings in your tummy that MDMA gives you. The Clarko Effect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back