Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

fu** off shaw

Shin unfortunately for you, your post caught my eye. That is one shithouse side we put on the park tonight. I am over hearing this is Shaw's fault. WTF is he meant to do withing twelve months?

Our ex utensil head coach and his sycophants have set up our list. He has a plan and I'd suggest we are not capable of delivering on it. How can he be blamed for turn over after turn over? lack of leg speed? lack of skill?

he didn't swap a first rounder for Anderson, who isn't near worth it fyi. He didn't get Pittard who Port knew wasn't an AFL quality user of the ball.

he's playing Goldy on a wing for goodness sake. Have a look at who isn't available and maybe rethink your strategy. Shaw will be a very god coach for us, oh so much better than that * wit we had.

Lucky it’s a rolling deal and not 4 years. If Shaw doesn’t turn this around in 2 years he can kiss his chance at ever being a senior coach again.

Shin unfortunately for you, your post caught my eye. That is one shithouse side we put on the park tonight. I am over hearing this is Shaw's fault. WTF is he meant to do withing twelve months?

Our ex utensil head coach and his sycophants have set up our list. He has a plan and I'd suggest we are not capable of delivering on it. How can he be blamed for turn over after turn over? lack of leg speed? lack of skill?

he didn't swap a first rounder for Anderson, who isn't near worth it fyi. He didn't get Pittard who Port knew wasn't an AFL quality user of the ball.

he's playing Goldy on a wing for goodness sake. Have a look at who isn't available and maybe rethink your strategy. Shaw will be a very god coach for us, oh so much better than that fu** wit we had.

This post perfectly sums it up for me. Shaw isn't kicking the footy - so many of the guys on our list are totally inept.

Polec, Pittard, Hall, Anderson

Useless, useless, useless, useless. We gave up so much for both Anderson and Polec particularly while Hall and Pittard are list cloggers. I don't mind Pittard off half back but in the end he's not in our future and is taking the spot of a youngster we could be developing.

When there were rumours of us trading for Polec I said that we needed to take that pick to the draft and we needed to rebuild through the draft. We didn't and now we're even further back than we were 2 years ago as a result.

EDIT: Add Marley Williams to the list cloggers category. Ahern is controversial. Taylor Garner has spent 2-3 years longer on the list than he should have. Dom Tyson deal was mindblowing.

It's so bloody bad. The list management was deplorable.

You can't complain about our skills and then pin it on the coach who's been there for less than 12 months.

Last edited:
Dropping of Brown and Polec has been justified. Well done Rhyce.

I thought at the time this was an incredibly dumb post (from a usually very good poster) and I still feel that way.

Whether or not dropping Polec and Brown was a good decision should be judged by how those players responded, not by whether we ended up beating arguably the worst Adelaide team in their entire history.

Polec was playing reasonably well prior to being dropped and since returning has looked devoid of confidence and like he has absolutely no idea what he's supposed to be doing.

We are stuck with Polec and need him playing his best football. Shaw has failed to achieve that and dropping him has only made things worse.

I honestly don't think the majority of you realise what a fu** head Scott was, and how far he set us back.

Our floor was never this low under Scott though.

You're obviously positive on Shaw but our on field performance is all the average Joe really has to go on and so far things look dismal.

What leaves you so positive on Shaw? Or is it just that he's not Scott?

This post perfectly sums it up for me. Shaw isn't kicking the footy - so many of the guys on our list are totally inept.

Polec, Pittard, Hall, Anderson

Useless, useless, useless, useless. We gave up so much for both Anderson and Polec particularly while Hall and Pittard are list cloggers. I don't mind Pittard off half back but in the end he's not in our future and is taking the spot of a youngster we could be developing.

When there were rumours of us trading for Polec I said that we needed to take that pick to the draft and we needed to rebuild through the draft. We didn't and now we're even further back than we were 2 years ago as a result.

EDIT: Add Marley Williams to the list cloggers category. Ahern is controversial. Taylor Garner has spent 2-3 years longer on the list than he should have. Dom Tyson deal was mindblowing.

It's so bloody bad. The list management was deplorable.

You can't complain about our skills and then pin it on the coach who's been there for less than 12 months.
100% this

You're obviously positive on Shaw but our on field performance is all the average Joe really has to go on and so far things look dismal.

Brad has taken a massive s**t and left it for Shaw to clean it up

Give Shaw a ******* break. Look at it realistically rather than clouded with emotions. He hasn’t even finished this year yet and we are already out with pitchforks. This is his first year ffs

We have the right people around us now. Brad Rawlings is no chump either. Our list is going to get a clean out, where if we still had Brad, nothing would have changed. Shaw deserves to have his chance to re-build or own this team as his own. He’s barely even been given a chance

We should be supporting him

Last edited:

Well fair question and let's see who gets a new deal at seasons end. Scott would never have played McKay, yeah he didn't have a great game tonight, but he's learning.
Scott never set a level of achievement, there was no bar at all. And I can tell you those that are still there have finally realised that he wasn't good for the club. Yeah sure he did well off field and flirted with the likes of C.Wilson. He was about his brand and brand protection. Scott celebrated us finishing ninth.

Shaw won't accept that ever. People say we've no plan under Shaw, rubbish we just aren't capable of delivering on his vision.

Come at me hard at seasons end when the lists are submitted and we have our new recruits and you or anyone isn't happy.

Scott, Bonar, Durdin, McKay, LDU, Larkey and Mahony. When did Scott ever do that?

Have a good look at who's currently unavailable for us.

And yeah I hate *en Scott with a passion lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As to the people stating/joking that we're tanking, I think there is some truth to it. I suspect Shaw has been given the green light to prioritize experimenting with positions/players to see what might work long term, over trying to extract the best we have right here right now.

People also complain about the gameplan/s. I agree to a point. I think what we have seen prior to tonight has been designed to neuter some of our weaknesses in order to stem a lot of bleeding. My concern though is that eventually we need a gameplan that can actually consistently win games of football, including finals. Fingers crossed we go into next year with a better list, and a healthier one, and we actually have that gameplan taking shape.

There's plenty of s**t that could be flung at Shaw and co right now, but I genuinely feel like it just isn't fair. This season is one from hell on a dozen different fronts, and I think it's logical that all those issues would affect the poorer clubs and the clubs with newer coaches/systems the worst. We're both.

IMO the real litmus test begins this offseason (The first draft where it isn't Shaw filling in 11 different roles while all Rawlings can do is whisper over the fence). We need to trim the deadwood from the list, fill the gaps intelligently, and get that whole winning gameplan thing rolling.

he's playing Goldy on a wing for goodness sake. Have a look at who isn't available and maybe rethink your strategy. Shaw will be a very god coach for us, oh so much better than that fu** wit we had.

We’ll you certainly weren’t wrong when you said, a long time ago, “we’ve some work to do”.

We’re so slow and then we draft Mahoney as out pressure forward lol
Then master coach Shaw plays every tall player on the list.
What’s the game plan that we’re trying to instil into this team. I’m lost and the players look lost as well.
If there isn’t a clean out of at least 10 players we’re not changing s**t.

We’re so slow and then we draft Mahoney as out pressure forward lol
Then master coach Shaw plays every tall player on the list.
What’s the game plan that we’re trying to instil into this team. I’m lost and the players look lost as well.
If there isn’t a clean out of at least 10 players we’re not changing sh*t.

Man we're bereft of players currently. And winning I'd suggest isn't our goal. Larkey didn't look lost, or Bonar or LDU. Maybe some of the shitmen that Scotts backed in weekly looked lost. * I feel for the poor buggers, they maybe now held accountable.

On Mahony , I see your point, we do feel he has enough smarts to over come his lack of leg speed. So I'll accept that call from the club.

With the right cattle, this coach will take us to the big dance.

He’s already showed with the B-Grade list we have, that when we have a fit list to choose from he wins games.

Look at the turnaround in form of (NMBF’s resident whipping boy) LMac and how giving him a clearly defined role he’s already turned his career around and currently our best player. Kyron has already overtaken Marley is looking to be a 200 game lock down defender. BMac looks like he will save us a hole to fill at CHB - Shaw teaching him a lesson by giving him the slippery Weiderman today instead of the easy kill McDonald. Jy is tiring but he’s been brilliant and LDU is going to be a gun. He’s teaching his players.

Wait until we have a fully fit list and some gun new recruits to mould his way.

I’ve never been more confident that we’ve got the right bloke.

Brad has taken a massive sh*t and left it for Shaw to clean it up

Give Shaw a ******* break. Look at it realistically rather than clouded with emotions. He hasn’t even finished this year yet and we are already out with pitchforks. This is his first year ffs

We have the right people around us now. Brad Rawlings is no chump either. Our list is going to get a clean out, where if we still had Brad, nothing would have changed. Shaw deserves to have his chance to re-build or own this team as his own. He’s barely even been given a chance

We should be supporting him
It's a 2 way street though.

I have been a big supporter of Shawry's this year but I am getting concerned - we need to see more insight from him in terms of selection, game plan and match ups.

He is now in his effective second year - we know he doesn't have the cattle but he needs to show us also that he has what it takes and we haven't messed this decision up.

Coaching the NMFC is not a given - he has another year on his contract after this - we want to see evidence that he has what it takes to be a successful senior coach - more than 'we are going to hit them hard'..."we beat Richmond and Collingwood last year'....nonsense

What game plan in he working toward? Why does he continue play an old side including Atley, Pittard etc? Why would he play obviously injured players in cunners and jz? Who does he see as the leadership group for next year?

We want to keep supporting him but he has to show us something in return.

Last edited:

He’s already showed with the B-Grade list we have, that when we have a fit list to choose from he wins games.

Look at the turnaround in form of (NMBF’s resident whipping boy) LMac and how giving him a clearly defined role he’s already turned his career around and currently our best player. Kyron has already overtaken Marley is looking to be a 200 game lock down defender. BMac looks like he will save us a hole to fill at CHB - Shaw teaching him a lesson by giving him the slippery Weiderman today instead of the easy kill McDonald. Jy is tiring but he’s been brilliant and LDU is going to be a gun. He’s teaching his players.

Wait until we have a fully fit list and some gun new recruits to mould his way.

I’ve never been more confident that we’ve got the right bloke.

Can't say I share your confidence. For me it could genuinely go either way, I just don't think we can judge much off of this 3 week old road kill of a season.

That said, he's shown some signs I like. Not afraid to back younger blokes in, nor afraid to seriously challenge older heads. Took on an absolute mountain of work in the lead up to the draft, and I'm sure is putting in over time right now (iirc is essentially our backline coach atm) as well.

I honestly don't think the majority of you realise what a fu** head Scott was, and how far he set us back.
Ha ha. I told everyone 7 years ago. The stupid mods decided to lock the BBB thread twice!

I knew, it’s was clear as ******* day. And what’s sad is Shaw has shown nothing so far.

Ha ha. I told everyone 7 years ago. The stupid mods decided to lock the BBB thread twice!

I knew, it’s was clear as ******* day. And what’s sad is Shaw has shown nothing so far.

What.The.*.Do.You.Want.Shaw.To.Show.You? His utensil?

I will abbreviate that for use moving forward in this thread, that's an fyi for you all!

That wasn't an AFl side we put on the park tonight. Ron Barassi couldn't have coached us any closer, sure he'd have had a few crying at the main break. But we still would have got beaten.

He still has time, but it won't want to be anything like this come round 6 next year.

What.The.fu**.Do.You.Want.Shaw.To.Show.You? His utensil?

I will abbreviate that for use moving forward in this thread, that's an fyi for you all!

That wasn't an AFl side we put on the park tonight. Ron Barassi couldn't have coached us any closer, sure he'd have had a few crying at the main break. But we still would have got beaten.

Imagine hub life with Ronald Dale at the moment?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back