News NMFC & Tassie (the mass debate re our future there, the academy, attending advice)

Remove this Banner Ad

At the very minimum, we need an iron clad commitment to no more than 4 games in Tassie EVER, and improved seating arrangements for reserved seat holders at replacement games (which appears to be being addressed), otherwise the letter from the club to Zondor above seemed to explain our position pretty well. next year i will continue my Schimma Platinum and reserved seat on level 2.

At the very minimum, we need an iron clad commitment to no more than 4 games in Tassie EVER, and improved seating arrangements for reserved seat holders at replacement games (which appears to be being addressed), otherwise the letter from the club to Zondor above seemed to explain our position pretty well. next year i will continue my Schimma Platinum and reserved seat on level 2.
If it was ever going to be increased it would go to a member vote
*direct quote from club

I dont see this anywhere in writing though

Every time you get a "letter" from the club you can be assured of either one or two things.

a) You're getting primed to hand over some money
b) It's P.R. management for news that might not go down well.

"We know the replacement home game experience could be much better, so we’re doing something about it.

We are in advanced discussions with Marvel Stadium and tenant clubs about improving the circumstances for reserved seat members at away games and replacement games – namely exploring exclusive bays on levels one and two to ensure better seating amongst fellow North supporters.

This is predominantly an issue for reserved seat members as general admission members get the same access for replacement home games as they would for home games. Based on our records, an average of 1,500 reserved seat holders attend away/replacement games, with 850 attending all games. We are hoping to cater for these members through improved seating options.

On-field performance was also a major driver in this decision and with a record at Blundstone Arena of 14 wins and just 4 losses, it’s hard to argue a fourth game won’t significantly contribute to our finals and flag aspirations. Further, on-field success leads to membership growth as we have seen most recently with Hawthorn, Richmond and even the Bulldogs."

We're pushing hard for a flag, like soon. Next 2-4 years. That's my take. In addition to financial windfall the secondary market brings, the flag changes the club's landscape entirely.
Personally, 4 games was always my internal "limit".
I'm still coming from a place of trust in this board, rightly or wrongly...

On-field performance was also a major driver in this decision and with a record at Blundstone Arena of 14 wins and just 4 losses, it’s hard to argue a fourth game won’t significantly contribute to our finals and flag aspirations. Further, on-field success leads to membership growth as we have seen most recently with Hawthorn, Richmond and even the Bulldogs."
I don't buy the "as long as we win I don't care where we play" argument. s**t we may as well play all 11 games on the Map. You see we are North MELBOURNE. These pricks who run the club have lost sight of that fact. They have lost sight of where we have come from and who we are. They are as bad as the previous Morons who tried to relocate our club to the Gold Coast. A boys club who think that this club is theirs and they will do as they want. If this was put to a member vote I can tell you right now we would not be playing a 4th home game in Hobart. :stern look

We're pushing hard for a flag, like soon. Next 2-4 years. That's my take. In addition to financial windfall the secondary market brings, the flag changes the club's landscape entirely.
Personally, 4 games was always my internal "limit".
I'm still coming from a place of trust in this board, rightly or wrongly...
Yep. Fair Comment. And probably because Hawthorn have a similar set up. But lets be quite clear here ye. Do not trust this board. This is a board who have made it very difficult for anybody outside "The Boys Club" to get onto the Board. Reminds me of the previous shareholder approved administration. They are running this club as if they are a law upon themselves and the members be damned. :stern look

On the phone right now
Been waiting 5 minutes

EDIT.
I asked to speak to Carl directly

The club is asking for trouble. The calls coming through today are going to be extreme and passionate and Id hate to be working in the membership department.
The AFL will do whatever and I mean whatever it takes to **** us over.

Was basically told we will get 4 reserved seats at Marvel as a result of shifting one home game to Hobart.
The extra game down there and keeping membership prices as is will pay for the 4 replacement game reserved seats.

This will be done free of charge.

Again the club made the call but its the AFL to be worried about. ffs

Guys, understand the angst but perhaps it would help if I asked Carl to come on here and answer some questions etc directly? Thoughts on that? I reckon it might be helpful.

I too am a passionate North supporter and live in Melbourne with all of my family, so I am also sensitive about playing games interstate and once feared the whole relocation/AFL master plan. However, I've been here 10 years now and everything I have been privy to or part of is about the opposite and how we can cement ourselves in Melbourne.

Half our office has been blocked off because we are extending the facility and adding more resources. We've added so many staff over the past few years including in media and everyone lives in Melbourne. No one is thinking relocation, only growth. I'm the spin doctor so I get why you won't believe some of what I'm saying, but I reckon over the journey I've been nothing but honest with you all on a range of topics.

re reserved seat memberships, the club is speaking with other tenant clubs and the stadium to secure Level 1 or 2 seating for games. This is looking positive. So those affected the most, will be looked after. GA memberships remain the same in terms of access.

Further the Hawks have this same model and have used it to grow substantially. Hopefully we can do the same, especially if we can lock in (or improve our chances substantially for) 4 wins because of our record at Blundstone and improved list.

Any way - keen to provide you guys with as much detail as possible. Let me know what you think.

Heath

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, understand the angst but perhaps it would help if I asked Carl to come on here and answer some questions etc directly? Thoughts on that? I reckon it might be helpful.

I too am a passionate North supporter and live in Melbourne with all of my family, so I am also sensitive about playing games interstate and once feared the whole relocation/AFL master plan. However, I've been here 10 years now and everything I have been privy to or part of is about the opposite and how we can cement ourselves in Melbourne.

Half our office has been blocked off because we are extending the facility and adding more resources. We've added so many staff over the past few years including in media and everyone lives in Melbourne. No one is thinking relocation, only growth. I'm the spin doctor so I get why you won't believe some of what I'm saying, but I reckon over the journey I've been nothing but honest with you all on a range of topics.

re reserved seat memberships, the club is speaking with other tenant clubs and the stadium to secure Level 1 or 2 seating for games. This is looking positive. So those affected the most, will be looked after. GA memberships remain the same in terms of access.

Further the Hawks have this same model and have used it to grow substantially. Hopefully we can do the same, especially if we can lock in (or improve our chances substantially for) 4 wins because of our record at Blundstone and improved list.

Any way - keen to provide you guys with as much detail as possible. Let me know what you think.

Heath

Heath, that is all well and good but the Hawks are in the position they are because they won 3 flags in a row.

The big concern is that the words are saying one thing but the actions another. The fundraising drive in particular was undertaken with the understanding of keeping the Roos in Melbourne, not even 4 months later the club is increasing the number of games in tas, replacement games aren’t the same. this is worrying.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heath
It can't hurt to have Carl answer questions..

Do you know if Premiership Club considered reserved seating? Our seats aren't actually reserved as premiership club members - we have reserved bays of seats.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Timing is everything!
I had a casual meeting with a club administrator yesterday to talk predominantly about coterie options.
During our conversation, we got onto the topic of Hobart and I was asked for my thoughts.
For what it's worth, my opinion is that a 4th game gives us a higher probability of a win coupled with a significant financial injection (I believe the number is somewhere between $600-$1000k per game).
Providing they can adequately resolve the reserved seating debacle, I'd be absolutely in favour of the move. I would not want to see the number of games increase further.
Even with the additional Hobart game, it's highly likely that I'll be doubling my spend per annum with NMFC as we push for that fifth flag!

No Bull if it was consitutionally set as a maximum of 4 home games playable interstate there would be a lot less apprehension.

Given this proposal was floated but opposed, well you can see where this is going............

Heath, that is all well and good but the Hawks are in the position they are because they won 3 flags in a row.

The big concern is that the words are saying one thing but the actions another. The fundraising drive in particular was undertaken with the understanding of keeping the Roos in Melbourne, not even 4 months later the club is increasing the number of games in tas, replacement games aren’t the same. this is worrying.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey mate - completely understand, however the fundraiser allowed us to give the green light to this current construction which is cementing our club here, forever. If we didn't start the build now, we would run the risk of being blocked for further expansion and then could have been landlocked and forced to look elsewhere to get a big enough space. There are massive developments happening around here with the rail tunnel and new zoning, so we need to grow now and claim our turf before someone else does or tries to. This land is incredibly valuable and we need to be a central hub for future development and residential growth. Sitting idle would mean being potentially built-in and surrounded. The club is investing a lot of money - thanks largely to its members - in this facility and we are trying to show everyone that this is our home. We wouldn't be wasting the money if there was a plan to move.

On the Hawks, they have been playing in Launceston according to their website for 15 years, so before and also during the premiership years. So it did help them build on-field success initially and has helped them maintain it.

Providing they can adequately resolve the reserved seating debacle, I'd be absolutely in favour of the move. I would not want to see the number of games increase further.
If the reserved seating issue is resolved to most people's satisfaction, enabling a 'sense of' it being an adequate replacement that takes care of an immediate, in the now, issue.

If the limit of four games is accepted, via constitutional amendment, that caters for the broader (re/co-location) concerns. I can't see why the Board would oppose this as they did last time. If they opposed it again, they would deserve the mistrust that comes with it.

It can't hurt to have Carl answer questions..

Do you know if Premiership Club considered reserved seating? Our seats aren't actually reserved as premiership club members - we have reserved bays of seats.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

My understanding is that Carl and Emily Buysen are looking at ensuring there's as good as like-for-like as we can achieve.

No Bull if it was consitutionally set as a maximum of 4 home games playable interstate there would be a lot less apprehension.

Given this proposal was floated but opposed, well you can see where this is going............

Nail.

Hammer.

Head.

I think most reasonable people are willing to accept such a trade off for this legislative protection.

I think this should be put to members and any person recontesting board seats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back