No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Quid Pro Joe Daniher nominating the Swans. Where does that leave Buddy?

Has another club got a deal lined up on the table in front of Buddy?

Maybe a certain club that wears red, white and blue...?
Hope not , Buddy missed an awful lot of games this year and only trained for twenty minutes a few years back
for the whole year. Three long years to go on his deal reminds me of a lyric from a Dire Straits song, but he is
a married man now so does not need the chicks for free.

Essendon really all at sea. Two gun players want out. Only club that considered Stringer (however he’s been ok but I seriously doubt he’ll ever perform in a final). Couldn’t make the hard call on the coach and now have a year of limbo in front of them. Have not won a final since 2004 (just think how long ago that was. Rhode was coaching the dogs!). Culturally speaking seems a basket case and 2020 has all the ingredients of blowing up.

Essendon really all at sea. Two gun players want out. Only club that considered Stringer (however he’s been ok but I seriously doubt he’ll ever perform in a final). Couldn’t make the hard call on the coach and now have a year of limbo in front of them. Have not won a final since 2004 (just think how long ago that was. Rhode was coaching the dogs!). Culturally speaking seems a basket case and 2020 has all the ingredients of blowing up.
Yeah. Isn't life grand? :p

Imagine they traded their future first rounder. That pick will be top 4 & without it, they will be even further into them sh!t.

Why is Tom Harley sticking with this line that moving to Sydney wasn't raised when he met with Joe Daniher in August? There's no tampering rules in the AFL is there? It just makes Tom look silly.
It does make Tom look silly. But it is also infuriating to Essendon fans and Essendon media which makes it ok to me. Anyone read Lloyds piece in the Age this morning? So salty I couldn’t finish my breakfast

Has anyone made a Daniher head-wobble avatar yet? Surely it is time.

Norm De Guerre is this within your extensive skill set?

View attachment 759932
Way ahead of you
ezgif-3-6eb6f388aab6-gif.752710

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL has posted the top 10 from every club's B&F for 2019.

To those who don't like our WB voting system I should point out that just about every club has some variant of the same. Say no more.

Here are the club winners and some interesting place getters:

Adelaide - Brad Crouch (208) from Rory Sloane (203) and Laird (191)
Brisbane - Lachie Neale (386) from Zorko (348) - McCluggage (322) an impressive third.
Carlton - Patrick Cripps (143) narrowly from Ed Curnow (138) and Plowman (134). First year Sam Walsh was 4th (125)
Collingwood - Brodie Grundy (174) from Pendlebury (158) and Crisp (147)
Essendon - Zach Merrett (427) from Shiel (389) and Saad (376)
Fremantle - Nat Fyfe (272) from Walters (238) and Brad Hill (207)
Geelong - Patrick Dangerfield (268) from Kelly (259.5) and Stewart (251)
Gold Coast - Jarrod Witts (553) from Swallow (417) and MacPherson (368)
GWS - Tim Taranto (222) narrowly from Cameron (220) and Hopper (218)
Hawthorn - James Worpel (115) from Henderson (104) and O'Meara (103)
Melbourne - dead heat between Max Gawn and Clayton Oliver (464 each) with Viney miles away in third (329)
North - Ben Cunnington (242) from Tarrant (227) and Goldstein and Dumont (192 each)
Port - Travis Boak (179) from Byrne-Jones (168) and Houston (167)
Richmond - Dion Prestia (91) from Edwards (79) and Grimes (75)
St Kilda - Seb Ross (170) from Marshall (152) and Steele (151)
Sydney - Dane Rampe (582) from Hewett (461) and Parker (458) - Papley a close 4th with 457.
West Coast - Luke Shuey (258) from Yeo (239) and Sheppard (234)
WB - Marcus Bontempelli (299) from Dunkley (270) and Macrae (268)

Some notable names didn't get near the top and some others featured much higher than expected. This is probably because the voting system most clubs use favours those who play the most games, so an injured star will struggle to win it or even get a top three placing if he has missed half a dozen games. Some unexpected ones (for me) include:
  • Ed Curnow being runner-up and Plowman third at Carlton
  • Treloar not in the top 3 at Collingwood, Sidebottom 6th. Jack Crisp however cracked the top three.
  • Stringer not even cracking the top 10 at Essendon
  • Selwood 9th at Geelong (behind Dalhhaus!)
  • For all the talk of how Hawthorn attracts high profile trades their top 2 were Worpel (pick 45 in the draft) and Ricky Henderson, a DFA from Adelaide 3 years ago. The only high profile trades to feature were O'Meara (3rd), Impey (6th) and McEvoy (8th). Wingard nowhere.
  • Byrne-Jones and Houston (who?) coming 2nd and 3rd at Port. Rozee 4th well ahead of Rockliff and Robbie Gray.
  • Dusty 6th at Richmond, Houli 8th and Cotchin not even top 10.
  • Heeney 6th at Sydney and Josh Kennedy just scraping into the top 10. I hadn't realised how far his star had faded.
Here's how those with Bulldog connections went (at least the better known ones):
  • Alex Keath finished 9th at Adelaide
  • Liam Jones 7th at Carlton
  • Jordan Roughead 10th at Collingwood
  • Jake Stringer unsighted at Essendon
  • Joel Hamling 7th at Freo
  • Luke Dahlhaus 6th at Geelong
  • Darcy MacPherson 3rd at GCS and Jarrod Harbrow just 1 vote behind him in 4th.
  • Sam Reid not in the top 10 at GWS
  • Shaun Higgins 8th at North
  • Josh Bruce 9th at St Kilda
Two imports made our own top 10 - Lloyd (9th) and Crozier (10th)

Are Geelong as delusional as the Saints? More than 2 first rounders for Tim Kelly? He’s had one good year, he’s no Dustin Martin. Trades are becoming ridiculous. Any player, doesn’t matter how good, should be worth no more than one first round pick

To those who don't like our WB voting system I should point out that just about every club has some variant of the same. Say no more.

Brisbane - Lachie Neale (386) from Zorko (348) - McCluggage (322) an impressive third.
Carlton - Patrick Cripps (143) narrowly from Ed Curnow (138) and Plowman (134). First year Sam Walsh was 4th (125)
Melbourne - dead heat between Max Gawn and Clayton Oliver (464 each) with Viney miles away in third (329)
North - Ben Cunnington (242) from Tarrant (227) and Goldstein and Dumont (192 each)
Sydney - Dane Rampe (582) from Hewett (461) and Parker (458) - Papley a close 4th with 457.

Some notable names didn't get near the top and some others featured much higher than expected. This is probably because the voting system most clubs use favours those who play the most games, so an injured star will struggle to win it or even get a top three placing if he has missed half a dozen games. Some unexpected ones (for me) include:
  • Treloar not in the top 3 at Collingwood, Sidebottom 6th. Jack Crisp however cracked the top three.
  • For all the talk of how Hawthorn attracts high profile trades their top 2 were Worpel (pick 45 in the draft) and Ricky Henderson, a DFA from Adelaide 3 years ago. The only high profile trades to feature were O'Meara (3rd), Impey (6th) and McEvoy (8th). Wingard nowhere.
  • Byrne-Jones and Houston (who?) coming 2nd and 3rd at Port. Rozee 4th well ahead of Rockliff and Robbie Gray.
  • Heeney 6th at Sydney and Josh Kennedy just scraping into the top 10. I hadn't realised how far his star had faded.
Here's how those with Bulldog connections went (at least the better known ones):

Why did the Suns have a Best and Fairest?

Are Geelong as delusional as the Saints? More than 2 first rounders for Tim Kelly? He’s had one good year, he’s no Dustin Martin. Trades are becoming ridiculous. Any player, doesn’t matter how good, should be worth no more than one first round pick
It’s the clubs that pay it that are the problem. You’ve got to be sensible enough to walk away.

I agree with your first point but not the second. Case in point, let's say hypothetically Bontempelli was getting traded. Would you say he's worth only one first round pick?

DBJ had a ripper year. Well deserved to finish that high.

It does make Tom look silly. But it is also infuriating to Essendon fans and Essendon media which makes it ok to me. Anyone read Lloyds piece in the Age this morning? So salty I couldn’t finish my breakfast

My favourite was Lloyd going through the stages of denial all day. So used to poaching players he just can’t accept it.

So sad.

How McPherson slipped through our fingers with Honeychurch still on our list is mind numbing to me.
i pushed hard for him pre draft.

How McPherson slipped through our fingers with Honeychurch still on our list is mind numbing to me.
i pushed hard for him pre draft.
To be fair he hardly slipped through fingers. Went in the second round of the rookie draft, very close to not being drafted at all. Means every single club didn't rate him significantly enough. Credit to him that he is playing well. But for every McPherson taking in that stage of the draft. There is probably another 50 to 100 that never make it at this level.

He would be great to have on the team though. He is a tackling machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back