Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don’t agree. I don’t think he should have missed any games

A more appropriate sanction would’ve been a large, and painful fine that hits him where it hurts - in the pocket

The funds to be donated to a relevant cause/charity
Won’t he lose 3 x match payments?
Aren’t they like 10k a match?

Won’t he lose 3 x match payments?
Aren’t they like 10k a match?

OK. We don’t know his contract and how much is made up in fixed and match day payments.

In that scenario above, that’s 30K not earned, which is gross before tax. He’s probably 15-18K out of pocket net

I’d fine him 40K which he has to pay and donate to a relevant charity

I don’t really believe he’s homophobic, he said something stupid. And if you want to learn him real good, make the sanction fit and hurt

And put the money to good use

OK. We don’t know his contract and how much is made up in fixed and match day payments.

In that scenario above, that’s 30K not earned, which is gross before tax. He’s probably 15-18K out of pocket net

I’d fine him 40K which he has to pay and donate to a relevant charity

I don’t really believe he’s homophobic, he said something stupid. And if you want to learn him real good, make the sanction fit and hurt

And put the money to good use
(Not so much that post but your previous one alluding to different match payments to different players.)
I wonder why all match payments aren’t the same across the board.
Surely it makes an impossible for list management if you have half your list on 5k and some with 10k and some with no match payments.
At the start of the year they have no idea who is going to play how and how many games?

(Not so much that post but your previous one alluding to different match payments to different players.)
Surely it makes an impossible for list management if you have half your list on 5k and some with 10k and some with no match payments.
At the start of the year they have no idea who is going to play how and how many games?

Because the delta isn’t that high. It’s only lower tier players and young blokes on majority match payments, more senior players can demand more of their salary in base

Plus clubs set aside some buffer in cap for match payments and the variation

Geez Finlayson, how fake can you get. You're lucky you only got three.

Not surprising, you don't just randomly say that word now days. Its clear it shouldn't be used in any setting.

I think he was almost playing the victim after it happened.

There is so much wrong with the podcast

1) Why even do it in the first place, just keep a low profile.

2) I can't believe that they brought it up and addressed it in that segment.

3) What he said and the tone of it sounded exactly like he was annoyed at the suspension. Maybe he didn't mean it that way but it sure sounded like it.

4) His wife laughing during it was ordinary. It came accross that at home they have been bitching and moaning about it.

I think Port will want him gone soon, clearly an idiot.

Last edited:
He and his wife giggling along on the podcast says it all.

And she’s now Tweeting defending the podcast.

I think Port need to tell Finlayson to go away for a few weeks, clear his head and stop digging himself a bigger hole. When he’s ready to return, he can do so via the SANFL (which should not be before he completes his Pride in Sport training).

I would also sit him in front of the LGBTIQ players and coaches from the AFLW side so they can tell him first hand the effect behaviour like this has on them and the LGBTIQ community.

‘Being gay is natural, hating gay is a lifestyle choice’ - Author unknown

There was a poster on here who previously worked in St Kilda's accounting/contracts area

He said they've largely moved away from match payments, bonuses, performance triggers etc because there's too many unknowns to manage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they spun the story as it was a recording off air or was it actually not supposed to go to air?
I haven't heard it nor likely to.... but you would think in their position they would understand the importance of showing compassion...

I remember a sanctimonious comment from a young Port player when Tex made his racial slur. It was something along the lines of "You shouldn't need an education program to stop you from being racist." Perhaps, now that he's captain, that player should examine the value systems of those around him. And reflect on the words of foolish young men.

not sure pretending to care about others who choose to feign outrage on behalf of people who dont give a crap for nothing more than their own ego is his priority right now. I think he has other things on his mind.

Errrr so where do you draw the line then?

Sorry judge for murdering those 24 people...it's not really my priority.. I have other things on my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back