MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL Discussion - 2017 - Finals. And yes , again its non Dees discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't a team so hard robbed since Fitzroy went down to adelaide. Port were ******* robbed hard.

Now we gotta listen to a utensil suck fest all weekend, Dangerwank's face smeared all over TV for the week. Duckwood being called a champ. Gotta listen to pretender aspirations despite their constant getting out of jail

Cats are definitely the commentators picks as their favourite.

I'm actually tired of the one sided commentary. I was neutral completely in that game but still got fed up. Why can't they just call it professionally? Ugh

That was appalling umpiring. There needs to be more scrutiny on the umpires performance. Players have every decision scrutinised and get a lot of heat from the media as soon as their form drops off. Umpires put in a disgraceful game like tonight but their boss will come out and say it was well umpired. It's a farce.

This year has seen the worst umpiring I can remember. They should be getting better. There are three of them now, which was meant to help and they earn good coin. Why are they getting worse?

I'm actually tired of the one sided commentary. I was neutral completely in that game but still got fed up. Why can't they just call it professionally? Ugh
If foxtel had an option for "Press red to mute the commentators and keep crowd noise" i'd throw all my money at them

That was appalling umpiring. There needs to be more scrutiny on the umpires performance. Players have every decision scrutinised and get a lot of heat from the media as soon as their form drops off. Umpires put in a disgraceful game like tonight but their boss will come out and say it was well umpired. It's a farce.

This year has seen the worst umpiring I can remember. They should be getting better. There are three of them now, which was meant to help and they earn good coin. Why are they getting worse?
It's odd, i think HTB is actually being well adjudicated this year, but everything else has gone to s**t

. There are three of them now, which was meant to help and they earn good coin. Why are they getting worse?
I agree that there has been some truly horrific umpiring this year ... but the 3 umpire system came in in 1994 ... so I think the statute of limitations on using that as a reason for expecting improvement has probably passed ;)

If foxtel had an option for "Press red to mute the commentators and keep crowd noise" i'd throw all my money at them

I sometimes mute the telly and put music on. Cricket and AFL commentary doesn't add that much to the game.

I sometimes mute the telly and put music on. Cricket and AFL commentary doesn't add that much to the game.
True, just wish i could keep the crowd noise for atmosphere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason I read that as Are you Being Served? :D

If he comes out wearing 45 on the weekend, you'll know he's read your post and is a fan.

If he comes out wearing 45 on the weekend, you'll know he's read your post and is a fan.
I just know you had to google that because if you didn't then you are a concerning person.

There are far too many Geelong fans in the commentary box and media in general.
Ling is a one eyed goose and don't even get me started on the weekly Geelong circle jerk that is The Footy Show

For test cricket, I mute the tv and play ABC Grandstand on the radio. A little bit of pause and play and you can sync them up pretty well.
I've been thinking about trying this for footy ... feels as if its the fact they're on TV that makes commentators infinitely more insufferable.

I've been thinking about trying this for footy ... feels as if its the fact they're on TV that makes commentators infinitely more insufferable.

If you don't mind the inconvenience, you can replicate Friday night football commentary by muting the TV, opening the bathroom door and repeatedly flushing the toilet all match. So convincing you won't know it's not Bruce.

If you don't mind the inconvenience, you can replicate Friday night football commentary by muting the TV, opening the bathroom door and repeatedly flushing the toilet all match. So convincing you won't know it's not Bruce.

I used to do that whenever Bob Menzies spoke on radio or tv. My mother thought that the sun shone out of his a-hole.

Not sure recruiting Zak Jones will help anything, we don't need another tough mid with average skills.
Threw a stupid, undisciplined jab just before ... he'll fit right in.

That being said, he'll get away with it playing for Sydney, but will get 4 weeks playing for Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back