MFC Fans Only Non Dees AFL thread 2019 edition- Thank god its over. Tylenol NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've dealt with anxiety as well but it still seems like an open an shut case of drinking on a Saturday night before training.

Going out an drinking heaps on a Saturday night isn't alcoholism it's a poor choice.

If he's getting home from training an drinking an doing it on his days off then sure, doubt we will ever get the full story

Having read some more about it I don't buy it.
He may well have anxiety but that shouldn't mean you go out an get pissed with ya mates a week before your first game of the season. That's still a bad choice.

There's no reason he couldn't have stayed home.

If you get drunk and run someone over you cant use anxiety
If you get into a fight and kill someone you cant use anxiety
If you lay a hand on your GF because she was making you anxious, thats not an excuse.

This badly reeks of how can we release this into the press so that no one lays into us or Hogan.

If anyone disagrees feel free to PM me with their experience of having missed a job interview the next day or made a poor life choice due to their anxiety. Most issues I ever had from it was missing out on things because I didnt go.

Last edited:

Alot of people argued with me when I said he was on mdma in the photo on the ground. I know someone who is rolling when I see it, admittedly its me every second weekend.

Is this video proof enough? Chewing his face off.

Its no wonder he has clinical anxiety if he is abusing mdma. The come down is a bitch.

Alot of people argued with me when I said he was on mdma in the photo on the ground. I know someone who is rolling when I see it, admittedly its me every second weekend.

Its no wonder he has clinical anxiety if he is abusing mdma. The come down is a bitch.

Great mates he's got over there :rolleyes:

When I used to take MDMA I always made sure the following day was a complete write off. I actually enjoyed it, nothing better than curling up under a doona on the couch and watching the footy when coming down.

When I used to take MDMA I always made sure the following day was a complete write off. I actually enjoyed it, nothing better than curling up under a doona on the couch and watching the footy when coming down.
Yeah its great when you have no responsibilities for a couple of days... working on Monday and Tuesday after a huge weekend can take its toll though :p

I could never eat the next day so me mates dubbed me milky because I'd just smash iced coffees an chocolate milk an refuse to talk to anyone.

Yeah I suspect is it is the D rugs. Never heard a peep about him on the piss here in Melbourne, but he sure does post a lot of stories on various social media's about EDM and festivals etc.

a few joints as well really adds to the experience

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every campaigner giving Peter Bell s**t if he knew what Hogan was like he was doing what he should have should have stuck to his guns and if Lyon had say in it surely he has gotta go by years end Freo only get the ****ed up campaigners

Like many others ive had my run ins with anxiety and managing it.

I wonder what would happen if i rocked up to work late stinking of whiskey? I dont think anxiety would be considered a legitimate exuse.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
dont forget ya jaw flapping in the breeze or having ****ed ribs from whatever happened. Ive lost a few supervisors from builders cause i just couldnt ring em to say i was running late just hid from my phone like it was a ******* demon or some s**t.

I wonder what would happen if i rocked up to work late stinking of whiskey? I dont think anxiety would be considered a legitimate exuse.

It's clearly not an excuse since he's been suspended indefinitely. Freo are just trying to protect him from media scrutiny as best they can while still remaining honest with the public.

What line of work are you in? I imagine some areas of private industry might be able to hold a firm line, particularly with non ongoing contract workers.

My employers would, and occasionally do, struggle with disciplinary measures in these scenarios if the person in breach of the drug and alcohol policy also manages to get a medical certificate citing some type of contributing psychiatric condition. They can put some observation and performance measures in place, and can ultimately dismiss on grounds of medical unfitness for the work, but it’s a drawn out process, with the agency then vulnerable to a Comcare claim for actions that may contribute to the illness. In a lot of cases I think managers would rather look for ways to offload the person sideways to move the problem elsewhere, or just remove responsibilities from the employee to minimise risk.

It's clearly not an excuse since he's been suspended indefinitely. Freo are just trying to protect him from media scrutiny as best they can while still remaining honest with the public.
While I understand what you are saying and agree that is what is going on, the word 'honest' is loosely used here I reckon.

They clearly want us to latch on to the 'clinical anxiety' thing considering they have inserted it into every sentence. The way they crafted that response made me think they were actually being anything but 'honest'. 'Technically true' might be a better description.

For me, it's complex.

Part of me feels sorry for him for what he has been through recently. Part feels like he's just doing what I did when I was 24. Part of me is relieved he doesn't play for us anymore and part of me is still worried we won't be able to cover the loss of him on the pitch.

While I understand what you are saying and agree that is what is going on, the word 'honest' is loosely used here I reckon.

They clearly want us to latch on to the 'clinical anxiety' thing considering they have inserted it into every sentence. The way they crafted that response made me think they were actually being anything but 'honest'. 'Technically true' might be a better description.

For me, it's complex.

Part of me feels sorry for him for what he has been through recently. Part feels like he's just doing what I did when I was 24. Part of me is relieved he doesn't play for us anymore and part of me is still worried we won't be able to cover the loss of him on the pitch.

When I say honest I'm really just saying that they're not sweeping this under the rug and calling it general soreness.

If they came out and said he's a dickhead who was out on the piss it would be a disaster.

When I say honest I'm really just saying that they're not sweeping this under the rug and calling it general soreness.

If they came out and said he's a dickhead who was out on the piss it would be a disaster.
I dunno about that. Collingwood didn’t cite a mental illness as a reason after Degoey got trashed and was in a fight then lied about it last season. Or was that the season before? Last seasons indescretion was being caught driving over the limit I think. They played it straight and the world moved on.

I suspect that Hogan has been diagnosed as dealing with anxiety issues. I’m not saying that this necessarily justifies unprofessional behaviour, just that I’m inclined to believe that part. I suspect that Freo have pushed this angle in an attempt to have the issue die down quicker, and to do what they can to protect Hogan from the vast s**t storm of negative attention headed his way from all directions.

I sort of understand the attempt. He is an expensive player and they have a fair bit to gain if they can get him playing well. But I’m not sure the instinct to shield Hogan has played out too well - it seems as though the conversation of the day, whether true or not, is focussed on athletes using mental health issues to avoid criticism or drug strikes etc, so the timing couldn’t be worse.

As for Jesse, I feel sorry for him today. He’s become a poster boy for crazed drug uses with new stories coming out every hour - most crap I suspect. He also looks like he’s evading approbation using a mental illness shield. I highly doubt that was actually down to him.

It's sad to saybut you could see something like this coming a mile away IMO, credit to our playing group and support staff keeping him on the straight and narrow as long as they did. It's weird in a way but going home was probably the worst thing for him.

Hope Jesse gets the help he needs before something far worse or even tragic happens 😟

Evading approval or praise? Is this the meaning you intended?
No I was aiming for something more negative. Like censure. Bloody autocorrect!

Maybe he is avoiding approbation though? Sort of like a masochistic, bleak outlook that he can’t escape?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back