MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t watched any of the game, but it looks like Weid has regressed to the Weid norm tonight.

View attachment 1686867
I watched this game with an Essendon supporting mate and it was vintage Weid. Start okay, drop a few marks after doing all the hard work, go into your shell and then do the disappearing act after half time where you don't even see him on the screen for quarters at a time.

Same old Weidy, God bless him

Adelaide making saints looking second rate, Adelaide will definitely be tough to beat at home this year.
They'll win a flag before Carlton. Have gone past several teams this season. I had them as the big smoky this season. Very fit with the guru on their books and they have a very dangerous forwardline now and a very solid backline developing. Really like their list moving forward. Winning away from home against quality opposition the next step for them. Reckon they play finals this year. Could actually knock the Saints out potentially, although Saints do have a fairly comfortable draw.

"Fly Mcrae", what a nickname. Fly as in "shoot that dickhead out of a cannon" must be.

How are Pies old campaigners elliot 30, sidearse 30+, pendles 35 playing career best football. Has to be drugs, performance enhancing drugs.

Feels like more recently travelling isn't a problem for decent teams, but this game has a classic travelling trashing about it.

Very interested to see how we go on Friday, very strange how we are winning at the G and played our worst footy on the road so far this year. Been so used to the opposite.

Last edited:
Saints first interstate trip outside of Gather round coming in round 9, what a pisstake, no wonder they got spanked today.

Very interested to see how we go on Friday, very strange how we are winning at the G and played our worst footy on the road so far this year. Been so used to the opposite.
For me when port Adelaide are up and about the trip to Adelaide oval is toughest games (2021 preliminary final aside) West Coast and Adelaide slightly tougher imo when those teams are top teams. I could see us playing well and losing, could be some big moments in the last quarter that breaks the game.

Objectively, part of me recognises the lack of justice and the circus that's unfolding around the Clarkson/Fagan/Hawthorn scandal. The other part of me though, thinks if injustice is going to befall anyone it couldn't have happened to a nastier piece of work than Clarkson.

The guy has spent the better part of his coaching career taking cheap shots at whoever questioned him. Now he's even having pot shots at Mitchell saying he didnt play well in Grand Finals?? The arrogance of some of these coaches - Clarkson would not be a 4-time premiership coach without the likes of Hodge, Mitchell, Franklin etc - and the guy was certainly never good enough to play in an actual premiership himself.

I'd be surprised if he sees out his tenure at North tbh - he'll throw them under the bus if he thinks they're starting to make him look bad.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Nathan Murphy has been fined $1500 for 'misconduct' when he dacked Aaron Cadman in the Pies' win over GWS.
😳

The fine can be reduced to $1000 with an early plea."

That's right , he pulled his shorts down FFS . :)

"Nathan Murphy has been fined $1500 for 'misconduct' when he dacked Aaron Cadman in the Pies' win over GWS.
😳

The fine can be reduced to $1000 with an early plea."

That's right , he pulled his shorts down FFS . :)

I’m fine with this stupid s**t like that shouldn’t be in the game. It’s the type of stuff players do now to antagonise others because they know they won’t cop anything back physically.

I’m fine with this stupid s**t like that shouldn’t be in the game. It’s the type of stuff players do now to antagonise others because they know they won’t cop anything back physically.
Yeah. Murphy is a real dickhead. Loves picking on 1st or 2nd year players too. Little wonder Caminiti chinned him.

I actually don’t. Plenty of them laid the boot into us when we were awful, I couldn’t care less.

Yeah I get that, and I remember their supporters smashing us when we were woeful, but nearly all supporters did back then from all clubs.

I just remember how bad it felt under late Bailey years -> Neeld -> early Roos. It sucks. And suddenly they get a coach who should be able to lead them out of the doldrums, and even that blows up in their faces, through no real fault of their own.

We'll have some of the spare funds to build our all-in-one training/admin facility thanks.

Seems like quite a few Tasmanians prefer bitching about not having an AFL team over actually having an AFL team.

Not many Tasmanians are bitching about the team. It's the 'need' for a new stadium that's causing concern for some.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In other words, bitching about having a team. A new stadium comes with the territory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back