Opposition Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sameolds33

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
This is a crazy nest of results this round. Almost enough to wonder if the league has evolved into a WWW-style entertainment rather than a sports league. Almost enough to put me off watching AFL. I'm disillusioned.

Last edited:

Vindicater

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Whilst effective today, overall hawthorne are the most boring team to watch in the afl. They play a very slow, stagnant unattractive style of football
Clarkson knows he does not have the cattle to win a shoot out so he has adapted his gameplan to win. He is rolling an 8 man defense out nearly everytime. Watch them next time. one of their wings and one of their forwards (normally Gunston) is rolling towards their defensive end every time.

He has brought back the flood.

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Hawks drop a 4 time premiership club favourite after a bad spell. Take down a top 2 side in convincing fashion whilst at the start of a rebuild, with a healthy % bump

We bring back Myers after a single game out and lose to the bottom of the ladder side whilst in some imaginary window, foregoing a % bump

FML
I hate football

VelvetSledge

Resident Photoshopper
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I'm one of the biggest footyheads you're likely to meet. Absolutely love the game.

But the league, and the way it's being run, has lost me. I just don't care anymore. I'm trying hard to be keen and interested but there are clear favourites, no rule book, and no punishment for officials that do NOT do what they're paid to do.

I can't feign it anymore. I just don't care.

Last edited:

boncer34

Inaugural Steward
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
I'm one of the biggest footyheads you're likely to meet. Absolutely love the game.

But the league, and the way it's being run, has lost me. I just don't care anymore. I'm trying to hard to be keen and interested but there are clear favourites, no rule book, and no punishment for officials that do NOT do what they're paid to do.

No worries I'll do the match day thread this week mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important

But the league, and the way it's being run, has lost me. I just don't care anymore. I'm trying to hard to be keen and interested but there are clear favourites, no rule book, and no punishment for officials that do NOT do what they're paid to do.

So you're saying this weeks rant will just be a picture of Jane Bunn and nothing else?

I will accept this.

'51 Bewick

All Australian
AFL Club
Essendon

I feel exactly the same way. The umpire warning Rampe instead of paying a free, as per the rules, was just another case of the AFL paying favorites. Then they have the gaul to approve it as the correct decision. The idiots at the AFL don't care about the fans, and just do what suits their own agendas. Thank goodness I am going overseas and can ignore this crap for the next few weeks.

sameolds33

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon

I usually watch most, if not all, the AFL games on the weekend. This weekend I watched mostly rugby. I just don't believe in the integrity of the AFL competition and, as a result, am not as invested emotionally (which to me is the whole point of watching sport - that you need to care who wins) as I was. I'm close to being done with the AFL comp.

EnolaGay

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
1. Rampe climbs post, gets told to get down - against rules but no free paid
2. AFL CEO says umpire got it right because of the 'feel' and the vibe
3. AFL issue a please explain to Rampe

You couldn't make this **** up.

Wonder who cashed in at the bookies (and didn't) with the Swans getting up?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

vast

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon

The only suprising part is that they issued a please explain. I have no idea why they would do that. Are they trying to appear as though they are doing some sort of due dilligence?

sameolds33

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon

Whatever happened to "the optics" of the game?!

'51 Bewick

All Australian
AFL Club
Essendon
I know it can't and won't happen, but I'd love Bombers supporters to vote with their feet for just one week.
Unfortunately the AFL is so twisted and self indulgent, they would just say the supporters have abandoned the club.
Such a difficult scenario when there is no way to give them negative feedback.

TheGrizz

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Ablett goes and elbows another person in the head one week after he only just escaped suspension for the same thing and gets off.

Fyfe goes elbow first into Lynch's head and gets off.

Sam Durdin clashes heads with Rohan and gets suspended....

Im done folks. Between this, ANZAC day umpiring justification and the Goal post justification I have had it with the AFL bending rules to meet their narrative.

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
The only suprising part is that they issued a please explain. I have no idea why they would do that. Are they trying to appear as though they are doing some sort of due dilligence?
I would love Rampe to come out and say i was trying to shake the post enough to put his shot off
Just to see what Gil and co do.

Mr Mojo Risin

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades, Kings
I would love Rampe to come out and say i was trying to shake the post enough to put his shot off
Just to see what Gil and co do.
A player had a press conference about a correct decision in the vibe of the game?

Lol nothing to see here, move along now.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Got to hand it to Leon Cameron, that's some masterful deflection.

That he would be engaged on the MCG records indicates what he really thinks about it, which is nothing.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Re: Alex Keath.

It's weird that such a powerful/dynamic athlete of his size was such a ploddy cricketer. Bowled gentle mediums and didn't look like getting the ball to the boundary let alone over the fence.

If all I had seen was the footballer and someone said he could have been a gun cricketer I'd have been thinking Andre Russell not Andrew McDonald.

Top Bottom