Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey, no, it's alright, you can't come on here,"
11219678-3x2-700x467.jpg

AFL security guard attempts to separate players in North Melbourne vs GWS clash
So obviously the pre game talk to security was if you see a scuffle break it up.

So obviously the pre game talk to security was if you see a scuffle break it up.

Must've been super confusing with all those players shouting on the field. What's a guy to do? It's hard to control the crowd, let alone those fit guys shouting all the time that just run away when you try to approach them.

Last edited:

I for one am shocked that Peter Gordon backs his mate Gil Shocked I tells ya!

1560824286541.png

You see Peter, you're not the person he is apologising to, up in your corporate section seats sitting next to which ever sponsor's turn it is to sit with you, the security aren't going in your area. So please, just for once, take your nose out of Gil's arse and stop making ******* comments when you're not needed to.

So, what has caused this ‘guard’ to think this is ok?

Clearly he has no understanding of the sport.
To be honest, I think he just had a brain dead moment. One of those moments when you stop and go "what the * am I doing"

I hope so anyway

To be honest, I think he just had a brain dead moment. One of those moments when you stop and go "what the **** am I doing"

I hope so anyway

It's like when you make a bowl of cereal and you pour the milk in the bin.

Is he the best choice for the role he’s assigned to then?

Can they not just do what the security at the soccer do and sit there and watch the crowds?

That security firm should be hauled over the coals.

& he clearly doesnt know his players - Heath Shaw & Jack Ziebell, good luck getting in the middle of that...

That was the Hobart game right, so I'm guessing they have guys without much AFL gameday experience. You don't often have on-field fights in the cricket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a mate who applied for a security job for the AFL. In the interview they asked him who he supports. He told them and they told him he cant do the job because he is a fan and will watch the game.

I imagine it would be hard to find a security force (especially in Vic/SA) comprised entirely of people who have no interest in football, but this makes a lot of sense. Most people would be pretty useless at providing security if their team was up or down by a goal late in the last qtr...

The idea you need to actually highlight to a paid security person that the players on the field wearing uniforms aren't your concern...I mean, does it matter which sport we are talking about? Those basic elements are pretty much universal. What a moron.
That’s true. The emergency umpire does add a bit of weirdness to the situation.

in his tracky top, looks like an off duty dude jumping in. Still think he!should have known better, but one factor that made him think that this was an unusual mele outside the game.

Should Gill’s last season, he’s overpaid and has a long list of poor performances. Even issues at AFL House with sex affair scandals. Takes far too long to get on front foot of issues that need him to comment far quicker as this past week showed.

Time for Gale to take over. His first job would be to force Ch 7 to sack Hamish

Just read on the AFL website that the game Jaidyn Stephenson bet on is believed to be a Collingwood game.

I mean i get he is young and they are apparently prone to mistake making amd all....

But seriously HOW THICK can you be. Absolutely bonkers that the thought would even register as a good idea in his head.

Just read on the AFL website that the game Jaidyn Stephenson bet on is believed to be a Collingwood game.

I mean i get he is young and they are apparently prone to mistake making amd all....

But seriously HOW THICK can you be. Absolutely bonkers that the thought would even register as a good idea in his head.
Particularly, given it was performances of teammates... something he might be able to influence. Hope he didn’t bet something like first goal.

To be honest, I think he just had a brain dead moment. One of those moments when you stop and go "what the **** am I doing"

I hope so anyway

Kind of makes sense to me. He's in guard mode. It was probably just the instinct of an inexperienced (or maybe even a little slow) guard.

I'm more concerned about what is happening at Etihad. Footy crowds are awful, like big rude county cricket crowds. There is little to no atmosphere (unless the fans crack it with the umpires).

Crowd interaction is basically player and umpire abuse, cheering boundaries and appealing for wickets.

Maybe it is just every sport but it is clear to me that footy support has just got outlawed.

My guess is that this clash is going to get a lot worse.

My solution is to pipe Elvis songs and other classics for everyone to sing along to through the PA.

Surely it would make sense to have family areas at the cricket but we dont allow any nuance. It's all about "safety". I know I've seen this type of debate before...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back