Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD is the third one supposed to look like Brisbane?

Why not a teal base, white bars as the clash?

In the video of them singing the song itā€™s a very dark jumper with the white stripes on black anyway, so black with teal stripes isnā€™t really ā€œlightā€ compared to black with silver. I think black and silver you either wouldnā€™t see the silver at all so theyā€™d just look like all black, or if itā€™s a lighter shade then itā€™d be too much like Collingwood.

And tbf on this whole point, I donā€™t care what they wear in their showdown match or an equivalent heritage round, and Collingwood did agree to that anyway, but if there was another club running around every week in a black jumper and a red sash, but the sash was over the other shoulder and was skinnier than ours, Iā€™d be kind of annoyed too.

I just grabbed that on a google image search, but you are correct. White with teal works too and even on this 10-second edit looks ok. Seems they are pissing and moaning over nothing. The pies can't complain about the bars, cause they aren't the only team with bars, and it keeps ports original AFL colour. I don't really care either, but agree I'd probably care if it was a team trying to have a very similar jumper to Essendon. Even then it seems that Port is being pig-headed when the options are their in front of them and obvious even to a dumbarse like me.

The cynic in me feels like Port loves the debate as it keeps them in the news....

1620619568967.jpg

I just grabbed that on a google image search, but you are correct. White with teal works too and even on this 10-second edit looks ok. Seems they are pissing and moaning over nothing. The pies can't complain about the bars, cause they aren't the only team with bars, and it keeps ports original AFL colour. I don't really care either, but agree I'd probably care if it was a team trying to have a very similar jumper to Essendon. Even then it seems that Port is being pig-headed when the options are their in front of them and obvious even to a dumbarse like me.

The cynic in me feels like Port loves the debate as it keeps them in the news....

View attachment 1123544
I would go one further, teal stripes with black outlining around it to highlight the teal better

View attachment 1123544
They used to have the SBS logo on it and it wasn't so bad, had that horizontal contrast and a bit of the white on black thing going on, almost reminiscent of the original prison bars.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 14.56.10.png

Could also do this as home (black shorts) and away (white shorts):
iu-406.jpeg

And this sort of thing was what I meant as the clash jumper:
Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 14.55.35.png

google images, of course. Some of them actually ultimately come from somewhere on BigFooty...

They used to have the SBS logo on it and it wasn't so bad, had that horizontal contrast and a bit of the white on black thing going on, almost reminiscent of the original prison bars.

View attachment 1123557

Could also do this as home (black shorts) and away (white shorts):
View attachment 1123558

And this sort of thing was what I meant as the clash jumper:
View attachment 1123560

google images, of course. Some of them actually ultimately come from somewhere on BigFooty...
Seriously dont know why they are arguing. Put a white trim around the sleeves and collar on the middle one there and it is close to the best jumper in the comp

Last edited:
I'm not sure where to put this, but UA has this design on their website:

V5ProdWithBadge

V5ProdWithBadge

Why would they design an indigenous clash jumper when we're the home team?
And the Dreamtime logo says Richmond vs Essendon when it's the other way around?

Seriously dont know why they are arguing. Put a white trim around the sleeves and collar on the middle one there and it is close to the best jumper in the comp

Exactly and I agree. Instead, they seem more concerned with having a pissing contest than actually solving the issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reads like some smart arse trying to make a name for himself to his dickhead matesā€¦

Why don't port just do a Teal based Prison bar jumper... wouldn't that incorporate both?

Edit: Someone already made it on Reddit a year ago. Looks good. (The teal one that is, the other 2 are no good.)
View attachment 1123515
If grey is one of their colours then maybe they could use one shade off white for the bars. It'd be grey technically but you'd never know.

It'd be worth it just for Eddie's aneurysm

Theyā€™re going absolutely nowhere under Teague. I still have no idea how he got the job. Itā€™s not even like he has a history of being part of successful programs. Then he was under Bolton, who they decided was a failure, and they appoint him? Itā€™s all very Essington.
There is a bitta Matty Knights about it all.

Very interesting, actually no, make that illuminating listening to the bozos on OTC analysing Carlton.

Gerard Healy, in particular, strikes me as someone who doesn't understand any of the technical analysis CD and/or producers feed him. Under pressure he reverts to his irrelevant type, analysing the game as though it's still the 1980s.

But tonight BOG goes to Lyon for grinding his axe against against Jones as though Carlton's inability to control opponents is an issue with the back 6.

A footy expert talks about defence as though it is a back 6 issue. Its a wide-ranging problem.

He compares the Jones footage with Melbourn footage in which admittedly Petty takes a deeper position than Jones but some how Lyon manages to overlook that the same Melbourne footage shows a massive defensive zone with about 7 Melbourne players bottling up the Sydney forward 50.

These *******s, and their colleagues at channel 7, etc, owe it to the game they cover to gain an understanding of what happens on field because they're the ones the AFL will continue to listen to as the next 45 rule changes are made.

Reads like some smart arse trying to make a name for himself to his dickhead matesā€¦

Be interesting to see what comes of it and they get both sides of the story

Bolton does come off as an arrogant SOB

These players need to know they are under the microscope does beg the question why they are on the piss during the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back