Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh...you guys could harden up a bit. Most of them have been fine

I think it was just the spectacular amount of cringe I had with that one post the lured me out to reply. That was just brutally try-hard.

Other than that I genuinely have enjoyed some of the chat (even DanWA has been pretty interesting lately).

Community case (doctor who has treated a patient) in Queensland.
Gold Coast arriving in WA in one week.
Wholesale disarray McGowan style could be about to hit the season

Community case (doctor who has treated a patient) in Queensland.
Gold Coast arriving in WA in one week.
Wholesale disarray McGowan style could be about to hit the season

I’m thinking we will see a more flexible McGowan once the election is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re not a footy fan it’s a pretty shit doc, it’s no hard-knocks. Cogs’s storyline was the most interesting with his form struggles and new leadership role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How Freo is it that we're coming out of a rebuild just as the presumptive #1 pick and by all accounts an absolute ripper of a player grew up a Freo fan?

How Freo is it that we're coming out of a rebuild just as the presumptive #1 pick and by all accounts an absolute ripper of a player grew up a Freo fan?
Who is it?

Edit: just had a look. Jason Horne. Yep he looks pretty bloody good. Inside and outside mid who is good overhead and a noted goal kicker. Or in layman’s terms: Acres’ long term replacement 😂

Last edited:
Who is it?

Edit: just had a look. Jason Horne. Yep he looks pretty bloody good. Inside and outside mid who is good overhead and a noted goal kicker. Or in layman’s terms: Acres’ long term replacement 😂
Saw some footage of him he looks an incredible talent alright. It’s no harm he’s a freo fan. If we got ourselves into a position where we were consistently competing in the next few years he could be a trade option.

Just watched 3 episodes of “Making Their Mark” on Amazon Prime. I have to say that the Eagles come across as a real bunch of self-entitled arrogant flogs in the series.

Some real eye-opening scenes in there too.

Real reality TV if they came over as self entitled, arrogant flogs? Most of them tend to come over as real smug pr*cks if they get in front of a camera. JK, Shepherd and Hurn are a few who seem ok to me.

Real reality TV if they came over as self entitled, arrogant flogs? Most of them tend to come over as real smug pr*cks if they get in front of a camera. JK, Shepherd and Hurn are a few who seem ok to me.
I haven’t seen it yet, but having spent a bit of time around the Eagles & players, I’d be surprised if you don’t see the true Adam Simpson. WC supporters think he’s soft, but he runs a tight ship & the players & staff know not to piss him off.

If anything is not as he requested or there are timing issues, look out. He’s actually pretty surly & the public persona is not the behind the scenes one, although he’s shown his true self with Baz a couple of times.

I reckon JLo is probably pretty similar, but not as grumpy.

I haven’t seen it yet, but having spent a bit of time around the Eagles & players, I’d be surprised if you don’t see the true Adam Simpson. WC supporters think he’s soft, but he runs a tight ship & the players & staff know not to piss him off.

If anything is not as he requested or there are timing issues, look out. He’s actually pretty surly & the public persona is not the behind the scenes one, although he’s shown his true self with Baz a couple of times.

I reckon JLo is probably pretty similar, but not as grumpy.
I've seen it, and yes he does come across as surly, but it's kind of cringe. His team speech against St. Kilda was something along the lines of "I've got a bit of '**** you,' *flips the bird* So **** them." But more than anything he comes across as a mopey complainer. Still didn't make my skin crawl nearly as much as watching Dimma act up for the cameras.

As people have said above, it's not that great of a doc and makes for some rather boring viewing. So Stephen Conigilio was perfect for it.

I thought it was great personally. Dimma surprised me. He is an unbelievable leader and gives great presentations/speeches etc. No wonder they have 3 flags lately.
To each their own I suppose. I thought there was a lot of filler. Eddie Betts is a great bloke, but his story could have been limited to one episode. Richmond is clearly a very well oiled machine but most of the scenes with Peggy and Brendon Gale were simply them making small talk. I thought Gold Coast was very underserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back