Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not like that.

Top 6 get 3 double ups against 3 other top 6 teams, 2 double ups against middle 6 teams, and 1 double up against a bottom 6 team.
And if you are lucky (or unlucky depending on your preference for points/percentage over hardening) your six double ups based on last years ladder are the bottom six of this years' one...

To be fair Weightmans mark was incredible if you have really low standards.
Luckily that aligns with my general opinion of Weightman.

It’s not like that.

Top 6 get 3 double ups against 3 other top 6 teams, 2 double ups against middle 6 teams, and 1 double up against a bottom 6 team.
Not exactly that either.

Top 6 get two or three double ups against other top six teams, 1-2 for middle six, and 0-1 for bottom six.

More flexibility.

Middle six are 1-2 against top six, then 2-3, and 1-2. Bottom six are 0-1, 1-2, and 2-3 respectively. So it's always 2-3 within your band, 1-2 for an adjacent band, and 0-1 for the opposite band.

Weightman gets the Mark o’ the Week nod ahead of Harry Himmelberg. Lmao.
Amazing that the AFL is so amatuer in that it lets these be fan votes b/c it is not unlike there is any bias there. Seriously tho, if I'm taking the time to vote in these things, I vote for the whatever the best is, not just b/c it is a Lions - therefore, how pathetic are Dogs fans that they voted Weightman despite full well knowing that Himmelberg took the better mark - or does it show how little interest the broader AFL fans have in this that they just dont vote unless their own club tweets it.

Short of it, AFL just award yourselves and stop trying to be so inclusive in letting bias fans votes for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Treloar is still an absolute gun. 35 and 2 goals tonight. I hope he wants to join his partner and best mate Dunkley in Brisbane next year.

Another alarming thing for Freo is that they've had a relatively easy draw up to this point. They've played three home and one neutral game all against bottom 6 sides (as of the start of round 6), and two away games against two top 8 sides for a record of 2-4. Melbourne also have their first round pick.

Another alarming thing for Freo is that they've had a relatively easy draw up to this point. They've played three home and one neutral game all against bottom 6 sides (as of the start of round 6), and two away games against two top 8 sides for a record of 2-4. Melbourne also have their first round pick.

Yep, said that a few weeks ago. On paper their draw was basically 5 or 6 wins to this point to give them a buffer for when their draw gets tougher.

Does melbourne have their second as well?

Sad thing for Freo is it looks like they need to hit the draft or trade in some talent to bolster the list as it has huge holes in it at the moment. Their only move is to really trade out Darcy and hope to turn that into a KPF. I also think they need a big bodied mid, better talent on the wings. Down back doesn't look too flash either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back