Club Focus North Melbourne 2021 - Greenwood, Coleman-Jones, Horne-Francis, Goater, Curtis, Bergman, Archer

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see any of the senior players being worth anything more than token pics. Dumont is garbage noone is giving anything more then a 3rd. Robbie tarrent is good but is he worth more then a late 2nd to a contender? Hall you will get nothing for. I don't see any offload of any of the players providing any decent draft compensation

I can't see any of the senior players being worth anything more than token pics. Dumont is garbage noone is giving anything more then a 3rd. Robbie tarrent is good but is he worth more then a late 2nd to a contender? Hall you will get nothing for. I don't see any offload of any of the players providing any decent draft compensation

Dumont is a FA and will net Band 3.

I don’t expect us to be trading out senior players again. Dumont is the one that will likely explore FA. Any other changes in senior players will be delistings/retirements IMO.

Nah chief, you answer these questions before deflecting when you're called out on your bs, I'll wait.

When has a 31 year old coming off his most consistent year ever accepted a rookie list spot? Why would Hall agree to that? Why would the club want to demote him after such a good year? What kind of message does that send the playing group?
Why does it possibly matter to Hall if he's on the main list, the rookie list or the Category B list?

You get paid the same. You get the same number of games. As far as the player is concerned, there's absolutely no difference. It's just a paperwork issue.

That being said, I think you move someone else, but I don't see why it would be a massive issue.

Dumont is a FA and will net Band 3.
You need someone to sign him first.

A North fan raised it on the Crows board, and was HOWLED down. Would make zero sense for the Crows rebuild.

Port perhaps? Unsure if he's right for where their list is at.

A North fan raised it on the Crows board, and was HOWLED down. Would make zero sense for the Crows rebuild.

It's not really an issue as long as we're trying to re-sign him and if he doesn't sign then he has a home.

There was talk at the end of last season Essendon had a deal in front of him so it doesn't necessarily have to be a return to SA.

Nobody is giving up a 2nd rounder for a 33 year old defender who has not played so far this year
token 4th rounder

Nobody is giving up a 2nd rounder for a 33 year old defender who has not played so far this year
token 4th rounder
Agree was being generous. But he would be the only bloke of talent that I could see getting a game or traded at another club. These other blokes wouldnt

J walker stays super flexible at either end and can pinch hit ruck, don’t think he’s missed a game since we got him

atu I agree and he’s one I raised as a move to the rookie list

young is actually contracted for 2 years footywire have that wrong so he won’t be delisted

If we keep Walker we're not serious. he's horrid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will go well in any team in finals contention because he'll be cheap and fill a roll. Other than that Essendon will be a good fit.

Do the Bulldogs give Tarrant a go for a season?

They can rest him when needed and have him cherry ripe for the end of season finals run.

Would give them the key defender they need to play on Lynch, Hawkins, etc.

Do the Bulldogs give Tarrant a go for a season?

They can rest him when needed and have him cherry ripe for the end of season finals run.

Would give them the key defender they need to play on Lynch, Hawkins, etc.
I would preferred him stay with McKay for another year and help him. We cut a lot last year. But yeah the dogs could do with a key back to take the gorillas.

I would preferred him stay with McKay for another year and help him. We cut a lot last year. But yeah the dogs could do with a key back to take the gorillas.

Obviously you wouldn’t push him out the door but if you get similar compensation as what you got for Higgins then North would be crazy not to do it.

Obviously you wouldn’t push him out the door but if you get similar compensation as what you got for Higgins then North would be crazy not to do it.
It would make sense but might be hard for the Dogs to get it done when they don't have a 2nd rounder this year.

As you mention, it would need to be value similar to Higgins, if not higher to justify losing a key leader at the club. Especially since we'll likely add a KPD or 2 over the next couple of drafts, Taz would be a great teacher for the kids.

It would make sense but might be hard for the Dogs to get it done when they don't have a 2nd rounder this year.

As you mention, it would need to be value similar to Higgins, if not higher to justify losing a key leader at the club. Especially since we'll likely add a KPD or 2 over the next couple of drafts, Taz would be a great teacher for the kids.

Yeah I wouldn’t begrudge North for not doing it as leadership is important but Tarrant is one bad niggle from retirement.

Dogs will likely be looking for points again this year with Luke Darcy’s son tipped to go high in the draft. You’d imagine some of their higher rated fringe players could also net some reasonable draft capital.

So... a team of North 24 and under going into next year will look something like this (I probably made an obvious error but eh):
FB: Perez McKay Bonar
HB: Atu * Young
C: Lazzaro Simpkin Powell
HF: Horne Comben* Zurhaar
FF: Mahoney Larkey Stephenson
R: Xerri Thomas LDU
I: Hayden(delisted at years end?) Phillips Ford Ham

Bolded players are those I expect to walk into the B22 without any issues

* = pressing needs IMO, whilst Comben is rated very highly internally it should be made known that no one has been perennially injured as him over the past 5 years.

We've also referred to Edwards as a 'ruck' in interviews with the higher-ups at the club... I presume the future is a mix between him and Xerri rotating between the forward and ruck. Despite this however, I'd still like a high-end dedicated KPF (since Larkey is clearly not a No. 1 KPF), my idea is we trade up in order to get either JWilliams or Van Rooyen, a pick around the 10-15 region should get it done. How we do that is the answer? Maybe package our 2021 and 2022 second?

I'd also like another KPD which I believe we should use our 3rd pick on... not as pressing since McKay is a solid No 1. KPD

Yeah I wouldn’t begrudge North for not doing it as leadership is important but Tarrant is one bad niggle from retirement.

Dogs will likely be looking for points again this year with Luke Darcy’s son tipped to go high in the draft. You’d imagine some of their higher rated fringe players could also net some reasonable draft capital.
Yeah some players you do not trade i believe he is one of those.Like you say he is very important to not just our young back line but the entire group.

Think North should listen to offers for the No.1 pick given the only decent picks they have are 1 and 20 can they get 2 mid 1st rd picks for 1 and an extra 2nd rd pick from somewhere?

Think North should listen to offers for the No.1 pick given the only decent picks they have are 1 and 20 can they get 2 mid 1st rd picks for 1 and an extra 2nd rd pick from somewhere?

Disagree with this - don't think there is any need for them to seriously consider any offer for pick 1.

They have 1 and 20 now but I reckon they'll get 21 as well for Dumont, who they should be very comfortable letting go via free agency.

20 + 21 can be used to move back into the first round. As a package those two picks are valued at pick 6. They won't get that high but there's no reason why they can't get a pick around 10.

Carlton (for example) traded picks 20 and 21 a few years back for picks 11 and a future 3rd. They drafted Charlie Curnow with that pick.

They could also trade their 2022 1st to get another pick in this draft.

Point being, there are plenty of ways to generate another pick in the top 20 without considering handing over the first pick.

Disagree with this - don't think there is any need for them to seriously consider any offer for pick 1.

They have 1 and 20 now but I reckon they'll get 21 as well for Dumont, who they should be very comfortable letting go via free agency.

20 + 21 can be used to move back into the first round. As a package those two picks are valued at pick 6. They won't get that high but there's no reason why they can't get a pick around 10.

Carlton (for example) traded picks 20 and 21 a few years back for picks 11 and a future 3rd. They drafted Charlie Curnow with that pick.

They could also trade their 2022 1st to get another pick in this draft.

Point being, there are plenty of ways to generate another pick in the top 20 without considering handing over the first pick.
Getting JHF and a kpp in the top 20 would be a big win for the club. The difficulty is finding a club that is willing to give up a top 20 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back