North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost Monfries early who was playing a ripper. Gray and wingard severely limited by on field injuries that hurt our running game.
North were equally as good as us, but our injuries cost us the game.
Not overly concerned about this one.

Too much focus on the umpiring from last time, not enough respect for a team that now has an 8-21 record against us.

We didn't handle their pressure and intensity well enough.

That *club* has an 8-21 record against us, not that team. Planning to beat us has become their grand final in their futile and pathetic search for post-Wayne Carey AFL relevance.

They played out of their skins, we didn't respond well to their pressure (but missing our chances didn't have a whole lot to do with that), then had a bunch of players go down with injury leaving us with no run and Ken with no options to try, and eventually we lost, away (albeit at a stadium similar in size to our home ground), by just 10 points, with a missed chance in the last two minutes to keep the game well and truly alive (albeit in the hands of the most inexperienced player on the field). We didn't give up, but there didn't appear to be any more to give.

There's really not much more that could have gone wrong for us and the only other thing that could have possibly gone more right for them was having a fit Ziebell in instead of ******** Jacobs. I agree with you that last years umpiring had nothing to do with the result. Neither did Impey's "non-mark" in the second quarter. But likewise, gloating on this board, and "Showdown hangover theory" also had nothing to do with it either.

S*** happens. Well done to Norf, and **** 'em, and **** Harvey especially, he's a champion and a pest. That said, we won't be hearing about them again all season and ****ing Jacobs has probably just filmed his entire career highlights reel in one half of footy. Stick a fork in them all, they're ****ing well done.

Or, as Portia put it, "meh".

Moving right along, I'm more interested/concerned in the state of the injury list.

Don't worry both him and his brother are pretenders

His brother has had success.

5 years for a best of 8th?

Next coach norf.

Shouldn't this s**t be in the general afl talk thread?

s**t clubs shouldn't have their own thread on our board.

Note to AFL, can we have North scheduled at AO next year?!? Once every 5 years it'd be nice to play them at home, with them not needing a desperation win, the umpires not blatantly favouring them and no injury issues.

Really? I thought you guys got the better of the umpires.

This one was always going to be close - you guys coming "down" off the Showdown win and us coming "up" with stuff still to prove after Rd1.

I think too many people read way too much into that Rd1 game against Essendon. They aren't that good - they always get u[ for Rd1, Chapman had lots to prove etc, and I'll be surprised if we play that poorly again.

I do hope we meet in the finals and reckon it is real chance.

which scott is it that coaches north, wendy or jane, fair dinkum the two biggest prima donna show ponies in the league.

I hate North as much as anyone but I'm really not sure what the idea behind the thread was? Vent in the match and review threads to your hearts content but this is a bad look for our board and does nothing but attract the trolls. We're better than this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That *club* has an 8-21 record against us, not that team. Planning to beat us has become their grand final in their futile and pathetic search for post-Wayne Carey AFL relevance.

They played out of their skins, we didn't respond well to their pressure (but missing our chances didn't have a whole lot to do with that), then had a bunch of players go down with injury leaving us with no run and Ken with no options to try, and eventually we lost, away (albeit at a stadium similar in size to our home ground), by just 10 points, with a missed chance in the last two minutes to keep the game well and truly alive (albeit in the hands of the most inexperienced player on the field). We didn't give up, but there didn't appear to be any more to give.

There's really not much more that could have gone wrong for us and the only other thing that could have possibly gone more right for them was having a fit Ziebell in instead of ******** Jacobs. I agree with you that last years umpiring had nothing to do with the result. Neither did Impey's "non-mark" in the second quarter. But likewise, gloating on this board, and "Showdown hangover theory" also had nothing to do with it either.

S*** happens. Well done to Norf, and **** 'em, and **** Harvey especially, he's a champion and a pest. That said, we won't be hearing about them again all season and ****ing Jacobs has probably just filmed his entire career highlights reel in one half of footy. Stick a fork in them all, they're ****ing well done.

Or, as Portia put it, "meh".

Moving right along, I'm more interested/concerned in the state of the injury list.
How the hell did a 35 yr old dwarf kick 60 metres right at the end when everybody was knackered :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully, the contempt us supporters have for this Kanga shinboner beat Port s**t, will burn in Kens heart, and he will plot their downfall...and Harvey's...next time we play them

Hopefully Ken is focused on the important stuff, rather than NOrf.

Really? I thought you guys got the better of the umpires.

This one was always going to be close - you guys coming "down" off the Showdown win and us coming "up" with stuff still to prove after Rd1.

I think too many people read way too much into that Rd1 game against Essendon. They aren't that good - they always get u[ for Rd1, Chapman had lots to prove etc, and I'll be surprised if we play that poorly again.

I do hope we meet in the finals and reckon it is real chance.

Agreed we got the better of the umpiring, although there were countless non-decisions both ways in the second half - thought the umpiring was utterly gutless, too scared to call anything by the end of the game.

No offence but a real contender would have beat you today, should serve as a reality check of where we are really at.

Agreed we got the better of the umpiring, although there were countless non-decisions both ways in the second half - thought the umpiring was utterly gutless, too scared to call anything by the end of the game.

No offence but a real contender would have beat you today, should serve as a reality check of where we are really at.

We are both very much work in progress sides. But not that much work has to go into it I think - the talent is there on both sides, it is just about fine tuning it.

Oddly, you guys reminded me of us in the past today. If you couldn't get that running overlap play on, you looked lost. Like there's no Plan B.

We're still learning how to play defensively and let teams like you get out of the blocks before reeling them in.

Also, Ben Cunnington and Ollie Wines - battle of the beastmen.

How the hell did a 35 yr old dwarf kick 60 metres right at the end when everybody was knackered :mad:

Umm, because he is an absolute champion of the game?

OP doesn't pay enough respect to the deserving victors on the day. They've owned us since we joined the AFL and it continues to sting, but credit must be given where it is due. Hopefully the hoodoo goes away when Boomer Harvey hangs the boots up.

We won't beat good teams until we learn to make better decisions under pressure. We played 4 quarters of stupid football and only got as close as we did because we took advantage when we were on top.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
You didn't necessarily play stupid football, in fact I didn't mind the way Port Adelaide played, maybe just go a bit harder for longer. We've been accused of that in the past ourselve's.

We are both very much work in progress sides. But not that much work has to go into it I think - the talent is there on both sides, it is just about fine tuning it.

Oddly, you guys reminded me of us in the past today. If you couldn't get that running overlap play on, you looked lost. Like there's no Plan B.

We're still learning how to play defensively and let teams like you get out of the blocks before reeling them in.

Also, Ben Cunnington and Ollie Wines - battle of the beastmen.

Cunnington was an absolute beast, you guys probably had 4 of the best 5 players on the ground today and deserved the win - but given we had our coveted first choice midfield against yours minus Ziebell and Swallow it really is a poor result for us that smells of a side vying for a finals berth and nothing more.

I'll give you that, it feels as though he has been haunting us since 97, you better put a bronze statue of him outside Arden st.

It is amazing that Boomer has been playing for us the whole time you've been in the AFL.

And that he's still capable of doing stuff like tonight, where Carey like he just goes back and slots the set shot sealer from outside 50, shows just how good he is.

Be great to play you guys in the finals, you'll be there.

Lets not get carried away. This is Hinkley's 1st loss to North as Port coach. We lost by 7 at a s**t venue, they had some midfielders out but we had injury concerns early with Schulz then Monfries went down. If we stayed fit on that fetted turf we would have won. Etihad need to be played differently, if you think venues and ground shape is not a concern, have a look at Ross Lyon's record at Etihad.

Cunnington was an absolute beast, you guys probably had 4 of the best 5 players on the ground today and deserved the win - but given we had our coveted first choice midfield against yours minus Ziebell and Swallow it really is a poor result for us that smells of a side vying for a finals berth and nothing more.
I agree, our window won't truly open till next year

North played their best game of the year and they just wanted it more.

Our players and coaches need to go regroup, learn from today and come out determined to get us back on the winning side of the ledger next week.

That's pretty well it. Niggles on the day

You make your own luck too, and we didn't. They got the clearnaves when it mattered

Live and learn, win next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back