Prediction Now that we're back, can we make the finals?

Do you think we will make the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

really don't care about results from here. if we keep playing fog and the rest of the kids and get them ready for next year, that's far more important

if we can keep winning and even jag a final with those kids playing, even better

extremely unlikely that any of those things will happen. fog will probably be dropped for Jenkins this week.. :rolleyes:

How could it possibly be called “a development/rebuilding year” when we haven’t done so. The only development that has been occurring this winter is my alcoholic issues watching us play!

I have a feeling he was being facetious with the rebuilding comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydney have been around the mark, play a style that port don't like.

Freo and lyon playing for their careers. Can see them putting in. Walters sandilands and fyfe have the ability to tear port apart

Then there's nourf.

I don't care where we Finnish, I want to see accountability and action.

It’s going to happen.

We won’t win another game and Port will at least beat Sydney and Freo.

Plus West Coast are going to pummel our percentage if they are switched on which they will be given their need for percentage

The pies are not playing well, yeah they smashed GC but that’s not a guide to their current form. I think we will beat them at home.

really don't care about results from here. if we keep playing fog and the rest of the kids and get them ready for next year, that's far more important

if we can keep winning and even jag a final with those kids playing, even better

extremely unlikely that any of those things will happen. fog will probably be dropped for Jenkins this week.. :rolleyes:
Agreed. As long as a handful of younger players actually play, I’d quite like to make finals for no other reason than it gives them finals experience, potentially against Collingwood/Richmond at the MCG. That’s a positive in my books.

Exactly this, Freo will be mathematically no chance for finals so Ross the campaigner will do what he’s done in the past, which is to choose a half-baked idiot-filled team of hacks and reserves players who will lose like the teams he picked in the last round when a win or a loss for his team couldn’t change their ladder position. Bookmark it. I remember Port being the beneficiary of this before and I’m sick of this movie re-run.

Why would he do this given he is under the pump to keep his job? He wants wins to sure up his job.

Agreed. As long as a handful of younger players actually play, I’d quite like to make finals for no other reason than it gives them finals experience, potentially against Collingwood/Richmond at the MCG. That’s a positive in my books.

Not going to happen, we would play Otten, Sauce, Douglas in a final on the G.

Sydney have been around the mark, play a style that port don't like.

Freo and lyon playing for their careers. Can see them putting in. Walters sandilands and fyfe have the ability to tear port apart

Then there's nourf.

I don't care where we Finnish, I want to see accountability and action.
What style is that?

Sydney are not that contested ball team anymore, they are ramked dead set last for contested ball

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will flat track Sydney comfortably. We will be smashed in Perth. So by this time next week, Port will be in.

They’ll just need to account for North away and Freo at home and they stay in.

Even if they drop the North game we will still need to win both our last 2 to get past them.

Otherwise we need ESS to lose 2 or all 3

We’ll be lucky to win 1 of our last 3 games.. we wont make the finals and even if we do we’ll get knocked out in the first week..

The best thing for us is to actually lose the last three games and hope for pyke, and several of those around him, to get their marching orders..

I said it a week ago.. its now increasingly evident that pyke is a fraud.. he’s just not that good a coach and his 2016/17 record was nothing more than him lucking out and getting the job at a time when the club was on the up. His success came on the back off the great work done by walsh and others like teague. One look at Carlton since teague took over and you can see it... fast paced, forward movement is the biggest change since they gave him the gig.

Hes taken a team that was one of the most efficient scoring teams in the history of the comp (early 2017 we were scoring at will and at one point i think in some of our games we were averaging a goal every 8-10 possessions - unheard of) and turned them into a bunch of useless, confidence free, timid and hesitant peanuts and he’s nothing more than a deer staring at oncoming headlights.

Now everytime they get the ball they look sideways, hesitate, take forever to make a decision and then on most occasions make the wrong decision.. we constantly go sideways slowly instead of fast and forward movement.

Thats on Don and his assistants. No one else.

If the goal posts were moved onto the boundary lines of both wings.. don would be a *in great coach.

He needs to be shown the door along with hart, campo, burton and others.

Last edited:
The bigger question is whether we should make the finals

Of course we should!

Losing sucks and owing sucks even more than the boys club s**t they try and pull on us. Missing the finals will only cause Pyke to get sacked, not the larger changes needed.

So lets try and make the finals before we actually realise sweet * all will actually change.

Why not?

What we gain by not? There will be no tangible benefit from missing

Making the finals - internal KPIs met, season deemed a success, back in the boys

Missing the finals - internal KPIs not met, season a fail, changes might happen

We aren't winning the premiership either way

Back