NRL NRL 2020 Season - Round 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 3rd September
Brisbane vs Penrith (Suncorp Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 4th September
Newcastle vs Cronulla-Sutherland (McDonald Jones Stadium - 18:00)
South Sydney vs Melbourne (ANZ Stadium - 19:55)

Saturday 5th September
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Gold Coast (ANZ Stadium - 15:00)
Manly-Warringah vs Wests Tigers (Lottoland - 17:30)
Canberra vs Sydney Roosters (GIO Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 6th September
New Zealand vs Parramatta (Central Coast Stadium - 16:05)
North Queensland vs St.George-Illawarra (QCB Stadium - 18:30)

Last edited:

Broncos: Prop Payne Haas, hooker Issac Luke and winger Corey Oates all return. Herbie Farnworth shifts to centre with Jordan Kahu out, Cory Paix drops to the bench with Brodie Croft bumped out of the 17, and Joe Ofahengaue is suspended.
Panthers: Viliame Kikau returns from suspension in the back row but lock Isaah Yeo is out due to a head knock. Moses Leota starts at prop with James Fisher-Harris in No.13 and Tyrone May reverting to the pine. Kurt Capewell makes his long-awaited return from a knee injury in place of Billy Burns on the bench while hooker Api Koroisau is a chance of coming back from a calf strain after being named in jersey 18.

Knights: Two changes to the bench with Phoenix Crossland replacing Chris Randall and Brodie Jones in for the suspended Pasami Saulo.
Sharks: Halfback Chad Townsend returns, with Connor Tracey going to the bench and Andrew Fifita to the reserves.

Rabbitohs: Alex Johnston returns from a head knock at fullback with Latrell Mitchell gone for the season with a hamstring injury. Dane Gagai returns from a hamstring strain at centre in pace of Steven Marsters.
Storm: Brenko Lee replaces Marion Seve (knee, season) at centre. Chris Lewis starts in the back row, moving Tino Fa'asuamaleaui to lock with Nelson Asofa-Solomona out with a calf strain. Ryley Jacks is the new face on the pine.

Bulldogs: Luke Thompson and Jake Averillo return on the bench in place of Sione Katoa and Dean Britt.
Titans: Moeiaki Fotuaika returns from suspension on the bench in place of Jai Whitbread while Jai Arrow is a chance of coming back from a shoulder injury after being included in the reserves.

Sea Eagles: Reuben Garrick (shoulder) and Joel Thompson are out with Abbas Miski called up on the wing, Jack Gosiewski starting in the back row and Corey Waddell joining the interchange.
Wests Tigers: After the club's backline woes against Penrith, coach Michael Maguire has moved Adam Douehi from fullback to centre with Moses Mbye shifting to fullback while winger Tommy Talau has been dropped for AJ Kepaoa. Josh Aloiai returns at prop, Matt Eisenhuth goes to the bench and Shawn Blore drops out.

Raiders: Josh Papalii and Siliva Havili return to the run-on side with Dunamis Lui and Tom Starling back to the bench. Corey Harawira-Naera returns in place of Matt Timoko.
Roosters: Two huge names join the team sheet with five-eighth Luke Keary returning from a rib injury in place of Drew Hutchison and superstar Sonny Bill Williams to play his first NRL game since 2014 on the bench. Boyd Cordner starts after getting through his injury comeback last week with Nat Butcher dropping to the interchange while Poasa Faamausili drops to the reserves. Both Angus Crichton and Mitch Aubusson are a chance to return after being listed in the reserves.

Warriors: Eels loan players George Jennings and Daniel Alvaro can't play against Parramatta and Eliesa Katoa is out injured. Gerard Beale comes in on the wing, Jack Murchie starts in the back row and Josh Curran and Isaiah Papali'i join the bench.
Eels: Jai Field comes in at five-eighth after the ankle injury to Dylan Brown. Marata Niukore returns from suspension in place of Andrew Davey on the bench.

Cowboys: Jake Clifford is recalled in place of halfback Michael Morgan, who is out with a calf injury. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow is back from a hamstring strain on the wing with Valentine Holmes returning to fullback, Scott Drinkwater shifting to five-eighth and Daejarn Asi to the interchange and Jake Granville making way. Esan Marsters is recalled at centre in place of Connelly Lemuelu. Gavin Cooper returns in the back row with Coen Hess out suspended.
Dragons: Tyrell Fuimaono returns from suspension in place of Trent Merrin on the bench.

Last edited:

Panthers- lord this will be ugly
Storm- However I give the Rabbits a huge chance, still not convinced on Melbourne.
Titans- and this could easily be 13+, Manly is the Dogs best chance.
Tigers- seriously how are Manly favourites? Have absolutely loaded the Tigers at $2.60
Roosters- this is providing Keary plays, if he doesn't, Raiders.
Eels- zero confidence though, Eels attack is shot
Dragons- comfortably, Cowboys are awful.

Penrith
Storm/Souths the tie of the round, very hard to pick. I'm going to go with Souths.
Titans
Tigers, without much confidence.
Roosters
Warriors
Dragons

Panthers- lord this will be ugly
Storm- However I give the Rabbits a huge chance, still not convinced on Melbourne.
Titans- and this could easily be 13+, Manly is the Dogs best chance.
Tigers- seriously how are Manly favourites? Have absolutely loaded the Tigers at $2.60
Roosters- this is providing Keary plays, if he doesn't, Raiders.
Eels- zero confidence though, Eels attack is shot
Dragons- comfortably, Cowboys are awful.
Penrith
Storm/Souths the tie of the round, very hard to pick. I'm going to go with Souths.
Titans
Tigers, without much confidence.
Roosters
Warriors
Dragons
This might come back to bite me but I reckon the Storm are a peg above the Rabbitohs and will win by 4-10. I'm putting a reasonable bet on the Storm with fair confidence.

The other game tonight I'm finding impossible to tip, keep backflipping between Knights and Sharks.

Seems everyone is on the fence about tonight’s game main game whilst pretending the other game doesn’t even exist!

Seems everyone is on the fence about tonight’s game main game whilst pretending the other game doesn’t even exist!

Have tipped the Sharks, Knights are trash

You were right last week, but no Fifita or Katoa? Katoa is their go to dangerman. I'm not sure I see enough points in the Sharks.

My point remains!

The Knights scored TWELVE POINTS against the Cowboys! 6 of which were after the siren! Enough said they are awful!

I will be tipping Cronulla and it's an easy tip for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible to see how Souths pissed this away in the 2nd half, you wouldn't believe it if you'd watched the first half and turned it off.

I got a bit over Fox Sports' focus on the miserable Souths fans watching their team bottle it in the rain. I'd sit naked in a typhoon to watch my team at the G right now.

Cummins should be investigated for corruption and clear cheating

A send off for a bump? fu** off!

A bump? Come off it.

Shoulder to the head and he’s off the ground. Clear send off

Lol, it was to the chest and since when are shoulder charges now send off offences?

Besides if it was such a vicious head shot, why wasn’t Ponga taken off for a HIA?

First contact was head. It was borderline intentional. Clear send off offence. You’d be going nuts if it was against your team. About time a ref sent someone off for foul play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back