October Daily Punt - aka Hartnell v Winx #confirmed

First one over the line in the CP...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

:drunk:i forgot about english. then she rates similar to Jameka last season. average fillies season.

dat silent sedition form tho. haven;t done form for the race but i just assume i will be on even with interrupted preperation as Mick Campaigner can do it.

If she wins this first up she will convert me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coolmore has got me flummoxed. was initially keen on Extreme Choice but the subsequent form out of the Moir is pretty crap. Starting to lean towards Flying Artie. I reckon hes got lengths of improvement on his first up run where he raced really fresh.

By the way anyone wanna buy a horse?
Richie Callender

Coolmore is a lottery, probably up to 6 horses that could easily win and I would be far from shocked. Have Extreme Choice on top, Flying Artie/Astern next. Watch some other horse win that I haven't even mentioned. It is the race of the day by a mile.

Astern for me he has the A grade form, the Moir didn't rate high and that was firmed up with Chautauqua not performing after. Flying Artie is easy to tie through Derryn who got beat comprehensively by Astern and that horse ran on well against Flying Artie although he has a weight swing.

Gator

Coolmore has got me flummoxed. was initially keen on Extreme Choice but the subsequent form out of the Moir is pretty crap. Starting to lean towards Flying Artie. I reckon hes got lengths of improvement on his first up run where he raced really fresh.

Richie Callender

Hugh Bowman replacing Oliver on flying Artie

Astern for me he has the A grade form, the Moir didn't rate high and that was firmed up with Chautauqua not performing after. Flying Artie is easy to tie through Derryn who got beat comprehensively by Astern and that horse ran on well against Flying Artie although he has a weight swing.

Gator

Extreme Choice obviously has the A grade form winning an open age G1 at WFA beating a horse that Liefs criminally underrates in Heatherly (possibly our best open age sprinter). Half a length better than anything Astern has produced for mine and gets bonus points as it was against older horses. Has to be the top pick but no surprise to see any of the top 5 or 6 in the market.

Astern lost huge marks for me when he couldn't beat RR last start and Lol'Shea shows he has form in sending a dominant Golden Rose winner back quickly.

Deano

Extreme Choice obviously has the A grade form winning an open age G1 at WFA beating a horse that Liefs criminally underrates in Heatherly (possibly our best open age sprinter). Half a length better than anything Astern has produced for mine and gets bonus points as it was against older horses. Has to be the top pick but no surprise to see any of the top 5 or 6 in the market.

Astern lost huge marks for me when he couldn't beat RR last start and Lol'Shea shows he has form in sending a dominant Golden Rose winner back quickly.

Deano

Heatherley won't get any marks from me for narrowly beating a mare well exposed coming out of winter form.

Point is moot anyway as she's likely already off to stud. I don't think it was much better than his blue diamond. Race is very hard and will come down to where they run and how much improvement they have in them. Astern is the highest quality performer but will be behind a couple in running and being so closely rated might not get there when giving them a start. Star Turn it seems I overrate his first run as it has him closer than what the price suggests.

I agree partially - only marginally better than his Blue Diamond but still better than Astern's Golden Rose (albeit smalls) and I give bonus points when you do it in open age and Astern has already gone backwards once of his last run. Maybe that means you just get a better price Astern.

Everything at 2 and 3 so far points to Extreme Choice being the best of these for mine. I think he is the most likely to win comfortably too.

when i said not much better i meant lengths worse but in essence i'm saying he's a going to run to that BD level maybe a bit beyond. Astern ran very well last start close to on par with his GR

Richie Callender

what does this refer too??

Back