Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

$316k... I like it. Is he best 22?

Best 22 and below $350k are basically the only prerequisites for a spot in my defensive lineup atm.

I have H Young, L Young and vaguely hoping for a warm body in D 4 - 6.

Webster would have to be more likely than all three. I think H Young will be a slow burner across the year - wont leap up in value but a steady build. L Young should get game time at North, but I need to watch their match this week. Webster looked good last night in his role.

$316k... I like it. Is he best 22?

Best 22 and below $350k are basically the only prerequisites for a spot in my defensive lineup atm.
With Frawley going down, I'd say he is best 22 although poor performances would have one of the first cut.
He's played 97 AFL games and is 27. Averaged 78 back in 2019

With Frawley going down, I'd say he is best 22 although poor performances would have one of the first cut.
He's played 97 AFL games and is 27. Averaged 78 back in 2019

Hopefully with defensive stocks pillaged that means he'll string a few games together early.
Lock and load!

D4,D5 D6 now looking like Young, Webster and $170k for me. Not ideal, but having D6 as $170k instead of Cumming allows me to get Sier up to B.Hill which looks a load better there.

His score was poor.. but I didn't hate dow's role. Was about the place.. couple more peripherals and that's a 60 something from 70% game time. Saints aren't the easiest to score against either. Not completely throwing him away yet. Higgins was interesting, but geez he's priced at 83 I think? Touch to high for me to have with confidence he's value

His score was poor.. but I didn't hate dow's role. Was about the place.. couple more peripherals and that's a 60 something from 70% game time. Saints aren't the easiest to score against either. Not completely throwing him away yet. Higgins was interesting, but geez he's priced at 83 I think? Touch to high for me to have with confidence he's value
Dow had an awesome role, at 320k I’m comfortable taking him. That’s a better role than any of the forward rookies will have

Higgins priced at 73. Had huge junior numbers, pig like. If he gets up the ground he will score well but need him to go 90+ at that price. That’s 2 games in a row he’s dominated though

Dow had an awesome role, at 320k I’m comfortable taking him. That’s a better role than any of the forward rookies will have

Higgins priced at 73. Had huge junior numbers, pig like. If he gets up the ground he will score well but need him to go 90+ at that price. That’s 2 games in a row he’s dominated though
Ah 73.. I thought it was higher. Def interested now

Big watch on cunnington now.. could swing Caldwell to the mids instead, Higgins fwd
Is Cunnington playing? I thought he was ruled out due to that concussion? Could be wrong though

Another forward mid pricer I’ll throw up. Jermaine Jones. 320k or something so same as Dow. Looked great in the praccie against Freo. There’s definitely a spot for him. I think he lines up as a high half forward with stints through the middle. Showed glimpses in his couple games last year before being injured. One to watch this weekend for sure

Is Cunnington playing? I thought he was ruled out due to that concussion? Could be wrong though

Another forward mid pricer I’ll throw up. Jermaine Jones. 320k or something so same as Dow. Looked great in the praccie against Freo. There’s definitely a spot for him. I think he lines up as a high half forward with stints through the middle. Showed glimpses in his couple games last year before being injured. One to watch this weekend for sure

I'm trying to figure out F4 (Dow/Hind/Jones etc) - or at least be comfortable with what I'm getting.

Looking at Taranto for GWS - or do I look at Cerra/Serong/Heppell ???

Trying to find a few reliable D4 - 6 types (have a few in mind). Then perhaps a rookie or two...

I'm trying to figure out F4 (Dow/Hind/Jones etc) - or at least be comfortable with what I'm getting.

Looking at Taranto for GWS - or do I look at Cerra/Serong/Heppell ???

Trying to find a few reliable D4 - 6 types (have a few in mind). Then perhaps a rookie or two...

Yeah I've fully committed to the Dow hype and have him at F4. It'll be hard to unravel if I decide to go against it now. Having 3x rooks in the forwardline won't work. But I can't find any coin to upgrade him either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B.Hill and Ross were on my list from last year. Both were so filthy cheap at the end of last year (I think both dipped into the high 400's toward the end). I was looking to pick them up as a cheap midfielder to finish off my team late.

B.Hill in particular can be afforded a quiet first year at the Saints, they were still working out how to use him properly. He was positioned so well all game and kept running, his teammates just couldnt find him on the outside.

In normal game-time B.Hill "should" be back to the 80-90 player he was. But is that enough? For $557k he's not exactly THAT cheap.
That's why I am currently on the fence. If Hill was 100k or so cheaper he would be the lockiest of locks, but being almost the same price as Sloane or Rowell makes me hesitant to pick him.

Yeah I've fully committed to the Dow hype and have him at F4. It'll be hard to unravel if I decide to go against it now. Having 3x rooks in the forwardline won't work. But I can't find any coin to upgrade him either.

J Jones (WCE) is around that price (40K more or something), there might be one or two others make their way over the practice matches...

Still trying to toss up between Cerra and Serong

I love watching both

Yep - if not enough rookies exist, the most logical downgrade is Taranto to someone. Cerra and Serong are two that I'm finding it hard to split...

That's why I am currently on the fence. If Hill was 100k or so cheaper he would be the lockiest of locks, but being almost the same price as Sloane or Rowell makes me hesitant to pick him.

Definetely Rowell is top of the pack. But Sloane Versus Hill will be an interesting one. if Sloane doesnt look good in his next hitout I'd almost be inclined to take Hill over Sloane.

J Jones (WCE) is around that price (40K more or something), there might be one or two others make their way over the practice matches...

Not big on J Jones. Seems like a classic preseason hype spud to me (though Dow is too..).

Jones couldnt make it at the Cats. Moves to Eagles and suddenly way fitter and ready to have stints in the midfield? I'm not fully buying it just yet. I haven't seen any footage of him though. Happy to be proven wrong and will find out more in the next practise match.

Are you sure there’s no rolling lockout? Surely there has to be with team announcements like this. Would make the game impossible to play otherwise
I was under the impression it was a Rolling lockout

Almost certain that's the case.
Rolling lockouts, same as last year with rolling team announcements.
Game would be almost unplayable if not.

(Plus. 3 trades would be nice) 😁
I would favour the - Fantasy are sh*t at updating their rules as being more likely than anything. I'd say that's just the standard game rules which they will amend.

Fairly sure the Traders have confirmed that the game will be a rolling lockout.

I certainly hope you are all right, as I've heard nothing re: rolling lockouts, and there's no info in any fantasy articles detailing it. Also, as a poster above pointed out, nothing in the guidelines had changed either.

I guess we'll know in 2 weeks though!

Just counted and only 7 players over 24 or older in my side

3 in def
none in the mid (Taranto at 23 is the oldest here)
2 in ruck
2 in the forward line

I would say that is a very good age profile or an up and coming team :cool:
How is everyone else looking in this metric

I certainly hope you are all right, as I've heard nothing re: rolling lockouts, and there's no info in any fantasy articles detailing it. Also, as a poster above pointed out, nothing in the guidelines had changed either.

I guess we'll know in 2 weeks though!
After listening to the latest Traders Podcast they mention rolling lockout multiple times so i think they are correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back