2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested in your KPP stocks assessment Membling after that game

Big fan of Webster, mainly as he has uber LRT vibes. Playing style, look, whole shebang.

Este I am warming to. Underager and reads the play very well.

KPF - Gander is the stand out IMO but... still so inconsistent.

Outside of those players, were were relatively undersized in the KPP stakes - likely why Hawkins is in the forward line for use.

Our underaged KPP stocks look far better if I am honest

Big fan of Webster, mainly as he has uber LRT vibes. Playing style, look, whole shebang.

Outside of those players, were were relatively undersized in the KPP stakes - likely why Hawkins is in the forward line for use.

Hahah. As an LRT uberfan I totally see where you're coming from in regards to Webster.
I don't know what it is re: our KPP stocks. Academy has been going for a while now and I think it goes to show just how hard great KPPs are to find.

I don't know what it is re: our KPP stocks. Academy has been going for a while now and I think it goes to show just how hard great KPP are to find.

Looking at KPF stock for the underagers:

Cochran - 195cm
Loebel - 190cm
Robin - 191.6cm

Have all shown something in terms of forward craft or ability to develop them

We also have Charles who has shown glimpses through the middle. Relatively undersized in KPDs however

Finally got chance to watch this game - Kirk again is a standout and Hawkins stepped up this game too.
Gander proved he can play all over the park whilst he didn’t hold some marks down front his disposals were effective so I wouldn’t call that inconsistent, the pressure GWS put on him during this game was because of his performance in game 1.
Swans kids showed good contests around the stand in ruck. Anyone know where that big kids from last year are? May?? King??

Anyone heading to Blacktown today to watch the Suns v Swans academy clash? Would be really appreciated if anyone provided some updates as I don't think any Suns supporters will be there.

That article says it will be streamed and gives a link

That article says it will be streamed and gives a link
Legend :thumbsu:

12MAR23: Swans vs Suns Academy Blacktown

Academy game vs gold coast starting now. Should be a good test since I think Suns have some highly rated academy players.

Mod Edit: Adding in
Team Sheets:
Swans Academy. Suns Academy

Last edited by a moderator:
25MAR23: Coates Talent League Round 1 Western Jets vs Sydney Swans
Western Jets are coached by ex-Swan Trent Dennis-Lane

2pm on 25th March

Link to match centre and Team Sheets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Western Jets are coached by ex-Swan Trent Dennis-Lane

2pm on 25th March

Link to match centre and Team Sheets

hopefully a decent stream to watch.

Notice Caleb May playing. Looked ok last year. Also should allow Podmore Taylor more opportunity to play forward. Impressed with his efforts this year.

Also Mitch Woods selected. I thought we might have lost him to rugby league. Selected in AFL under 16 Australian side last year. Never seen him play before

hopefully a decent stream to watch.

Notice Caleb May playing. Looked ok last year. Also should allow Podmore Taylor more opportunity to play forward. Impressed with his efforts this year.

Also Mitch Woods selected. I thought we might have lost him to rugby league. Selected in AFL under 16 Australian side last year. Never seen him play before
The Pod !

Good win for the Swans.

FULL TIME | Coates Talent League Boys - Round 1
@WesternJetsFC
9.7 (61)
@sydneyswans
Academy 13.17 (95)

hopefully get some reporting and details some time
Was there wind influence, Gong? I notice the scoring seems to pick at one end, with Swans kicking 7 & restricting the Jets to 1 in the final quarter.

Last edited:
Indhi Kirk player of the week in the Coates league
Just finished watching the game. He was very good. Not picked up as F/S last year but he was in everything on Sunday. Played well.

Caiden Cleary was also in everything. Tye Gander also a good game and I liked Ned Hawkins work.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the game. He was very good. Not picked up as F/S last year but he was in everything on Sunday. Played well.

Caiden Cleary was also in everything. Tye Gander also a good game and I liked Ned Hawkins work.
Where do some of you get the time to watch it all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back