Official World Champs Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The boomers take on Lithuania in about 20 mins, does anyone know where we can watch this game on the net?

First 2 possessions not good:

09:22 No.9 Bruton, C.J. (AUS) made a turnover
09:22 No.9 Bruton, C.J. (AUS) gets a offensive foul
09:34 No.9 Songaila, Darius (LTU) made two points inside the paint
09:45 No.9 Songaila, Darius (LTU) stole the ball
09:47 No.10 Smith, Jason (AUS) Turnover, bad pass
10:00 No.4 Bogut, Andrew (AUS) won the jump ball

SCG killed Venezuela. Rakocevic had 26 points (21 at half time) and Milicic played a very good overall game, 18 points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks and 4 assists. He was getting double and triple teamed constantly but kept finding the open team-mates.

HUGE test against Argentina.

Black Panther said:
Yes, Brazil need to lose to Greece (which they are currently doing) and Lithuania tomorrow (and Australia beat Qatar) and then Australia can get bitchslapped by the USA in Round 2

Which is fine with me as I will be at that game with great seats, a camera and my unhealthy obsession with Dwight.:thumbsu:

Borgsta said:
Which is fine with me as I will be at that game with great seats, a camera and my unhealthy obsession with Dwight.:thumbsu:

Simon Dwight wont be playing Borg ...:D Basically beat Qatar and I think we're in, but we have to beat Qatar...and hopefully by a big margin as well.

Borgsta said:

please take heaps of pics and post em here! would be awesome!

would this be your wet dream borg?

sydney king hack (insert name here) drives for a layup instead of dunking it, gets swatted, no sent away by dwight. ball ends up on your lap. dwight (after beating chest, yelling and drawing a T) picks the ball from your lap which now has a considerable buldge in it. on the ensuring offensive play, arenas massages the ball too much and his pass is partially picked off, ball is bouncing towards you and dwight dives on the ball only to be embedded on your said bulge :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth said:
please take heaps of pics and post em here! would be awesome!

would this be your wet dream borg?

sydney king hack (insert name here) drives for a layup instead of dunking it, gets swatted, no sent away by dwight. ball ends up on your lap. dwight (after beating chest, yelling and drawing a T) picks the ball from your lap which now has a considerable buldge in it. on the ensuring offensive play, arenas massages the ball too much and his pass is partially picked off, ball is bouncing towards you and dwight dives on the ball only to be embedded on your said bulge :D

haha you have quite the vivid imagination! :D Its a purely non sexual obsession:thumbsu:

Borgsta said:
Spain are looking fairly good but I wouldnt say they are favourites. The US team has to be favourites at the moment. They are playing team basketball and actually know how to defend unlike previous years. A good balanced side.

Argentina are definately a chance and yes SnM have very little chance of getting to the semi finals and I still fail to see what lesson they learnt that the US team didnt.

Yeah they are defending great! they beat slovenia and italy by nine points. That isnt to flattering. they are vulnerable! They were losing to italy by 9pts at the half. If they do this 2 spain or argentina they will lose.
My prediction of the serbs making the semi's is wrong because i did not realise that the US is on that side of the draw.

The lessons the serbs learnt is that there is no point in bringing your star players to play if they are going fight amongst themselves and get hammered till all hours of the morning. A locker room can only fit so many big heads. You are far better off not inviting those that dont want to play. I could be wrong but i seriously dont think that the US has the team chemistry to go all the way, i mean they couldnt even chose1 captain FFS! And plus we are playing basketball at the world champs not what they play in the NBA.

magpies42 said:
I could be wrong but i seriously dont think that the US has the team chemistry to go all the way, i mean they couldnt even chose1 captain FFS! And plus we are playing basketball at the world champs not what they play in the NBA.

God I hope you're right! I wanan see the usa fall over AGAIN!

When you've got a guy who can take over a game like Melo did against Italy, then you're always a chance.

Will only make the USA stronger, as it was the wake-up call they needed. No one will touch them now.

Current Scores:

Australia 29 Qatar 22
Slovenia 35 China 24
SCG 48 Argentina 42
Germany 33 Angola 30

magpies42 said:
The lessons the serbs learnt is that there is no point in bringing your star players to play if they are going fight amongst themselves and get hammered till all hours of the morning.

It'll be past our lifetime before the Serbs come to that conclusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back