Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez GC must be desperate to get that contract off the books if they're willing to part with Bowes AND pick 7 for a 3rd rounder in return.

Also, makes me slightly annoyed that not only can the reigning premiers afford to take on the contract, but it significantly strengthens their draft hand at the same time.

Hopefully GW sticks fat with 1st rounder for Ollie or no deal.

If Geelong secure GC's pick 7, could they trade it + pick 25 for GWS' pick 12 and 15?
They could but more than likely they want to take that pick to the draft from what is being reported. Here in lies the issue, pick 25 is unders but if they offered 38 originally they must think it is more than fair now and everyone knows it needs to be a first rounder for what he’s shown and his previous draft position. At this stage id say it’s stalled, no bad blood so he might be back for a year

Geez GC must be desperate to get that contract off the books if they're willing to part with Bowes AND pick 7 for a 3rd rounder in return.

Also, makes me slightly annoyed that not only can the reigning premiers afford to take on the contract, but it significantly strengthens their draft hand at the same time.

Hopefully GW sticks fat with 1st rounder for Ollie or no deal.
While the situation isn't ideal and shades of Treloar areas but less dramatic. Players had gone past him and prob werent in their plans, but on a big contract from backloading... don't we know how that is? lol And they probably didn't think anyone would be interesting given the contract if it didn't come with a pick.

Read the original post I replied to if you want to know why I posted abiut Grundy. Only if you can be bothered.

I don’t doubt that Grundy will get done, but the longer it drags out the better Melbourne’s bargaining position is because Collingwood have spent the money that would be needed to keep Grundy under the cap.

Melbourne could literally demand Grundy for the 80th pick right now and Collingwood would have to say yes. I don’t know if Melb would do that, but it is a dangerous (or very trusting) situation Collingwood find themselves in.
What makes you think that we're in this position. We're supposedly looking at bringing in Mitchell and Fiorini who are salary dumps. Sure, they probably involve Grundy going and we won't be able to act there if Grundy is still on the books, but we don't have to act there.

Why are we giving this hinkley bloke air time, do your job mods and get rid of this *******,
When we see posts they are actioned.

It would be so much easier if our posters didn't reply to opposition posters and just reported them.

I reported him twice and rejected both times, he's just a little coward trying to ridicule the club, just block him
I think you will find that it has already been actioned. When did you last see a post from him?

If you want to discuss further, take it to a PM, not on here.

If you can't see his posts for what they are then maybe you should move to Geelong where everything is bliss

I lived in geelong for a short time when i was a kid. It was pleasant enough but I was a bit of an outsider because i wouldnt date my sister....

Ollie Henry we want minimum a first round pick ideally 7-10 well take 10 to 15 come on Geelong you hand baggers .Well even take your future first round .A pick in the 20's doesn't suffice in a weak draft.NO DEAL

STICK FAT PIES DON'T MOVE.IF THEY DON'T COUGH UP FIRST ROUND PICK MINIMUM HE CAN STAY AT THJE PIES OR WALK TO THE DRAFT............NO TEAM MAY TOUCH HIM IF THEY KNOW HE DOES'T WANT TO BE THERE BADLUCK MATE.
DON'T FORGET NO WAY HE'LL GET TO GEELONG THROUGH THE DRAFT WE HAVE THE PICK BEFORE THEM ANYWAY.
COUGH UP HANDBAGGERS FIRST ROUND PICK REQUIRED OR NO DEAL !!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We traded pick 26 and a future 2nd (pick 33) for Aish under similar circumstances.

Aish yes was originally a pick 7 selection but he was also a lightly framed 6ft midfielder who ultimately turned out to be very vanilla.

Henry was taken at pick 17 but it was in unique circumstances thanks to COVID cancelling the U18 season so it's harder to gauge where he ultimately might have went with more exposed form. At least two articles I've read quoting former players rated him inside the best 6 talents available that year.

Ultimately if it wasn't for the situation with COVID and Geelong using picks 13/15 as part of the trade for Cameron I don't think Henry would have lasted to pick 17 and with the Gunston like potential he has displayed he's worth every bit as much in trade as Aish.

Pick 25 simply isn't enough, Collingwood was right to reject it and for Geelong to stand any chance they'll need to move on Ratugolea for Ports second round selection which ironically enough currently stands at 33.

And what of Ratugolea?

He's stated a desire to move to Port and nothing indicates we have any interest either. That's understandable given the additions of McStay and Frampton while Kreuger, Dean and Johnson will be hoping for opportunity. Plenty of you will be cruel and say it's understandable because he's s**t. LOL.

Still "if" he could develop in to a lock down key defender and Frampton proved to be a B grade Moore it could open up the opportunity to be flexible with how we utilise Moore. Then there is the option of using Esava in the ruck and I still wonder if the game will ever evolve to the point whereby a team is prepared to play without a genuine ruck option, concede they'll lose the hitout stat but assemble the midfield capable of roving to the opposition ruck and place more value on what the makeshift ruck options can provide across the ground.

As it stands now I support us demanding a 1st round selection and willingness to walk away if pick 25 alone is the only offer.

Ollie Henry we want minimum a first round pick ideally 7-10 well take 10 to 15 come on Geelong you hand baggers .Well even take your future first round .A pick in the 20's doesn't suffice in a weak draft.NO DEAL

STICK FAT PIES DON'T MOVE.IF THEY DON'T COUGH UP FIRST ROUND PICK MINIMUM HE CAN STAY AT THJE PIES OR WALK TO THE DRAFT............NO TEAM MAY TOUCH HIM IF THEY KNOW HE DOES'T WANT TO BE THERE BADLUCK MATE.
DON'T FORGET NO WAY HE'LL GET TO GEELONG THROUGH THE DRAFT WE HAVE THE PICK BEFORE THEM ANYWAY.
index.jpeg

I lived in geelong for a short time when i was a kid. It was pleasant enough but I was a bit of an outsider because i wouldnt date my sister....
Not even for the Geelong Grammar formal?

aka Farmer wants a Wife

Dog Day Afternoon Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Fair enough - home is where the heart is .....

View attachment 1531346

This brought back memories. My great great grandfather arrived on the boat in geelong and lived there until he moved to steigliz in the local zone..... he was never quite good enough to get recruited but that might be because footy didnt exist at the time.

Please, for the love of God, can you use basic grammar?

I'm not sure if I'm alone here and it's just my ADHD, but it's extremely difficult to read stuff like this. I had to stop after the first two lines.

Please, for the love of God, can you use basic grammar?

I'm not sure if I'm alone here and it's just my ADHD, but it's extremely difficult to read stuff like this. I had to stop after the first two lines.
Ok - now I'm officially triggered.
jathanas please record this in the annals of BF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back