Omens and coincidences threat, 2021 edition.

Remove this Banner Ad

This will be the first Grand Final since Bruce McAvaney retired from football commentating.

The last three grand finals to not have Bruce calling it were:

2011, 2009, 2007

They were coincidently all channel 10 games. Tim Lane, Steve Quartermain, Michael Christian and Andy Maher in the box. McAveney did some forgettable game in amongst all that lot but it was in that weird Rudd/Gillard stretch where they outlawed even-numbered years and the records just show 07, 09, 11.

Down the memory hole and burned away like it never even existed!

I'm absolutely gutted as I write this, and am just throwing this out in wild, delusional hope, but... in 2007 we lost a key defender to a season ending foot injury on the eve of finals... and yet won the premiership.

Sorry, it's all I can hang on right now :(
I don't know whether to love or sad react this. Hopefully Stewie can play next season.

2018 - we beat Melbourne twice during the H & A. We lose to them in the finals.
2021 - Melbourne beats us twice during the H & A. Let's see what happens in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 - Geelong beats Melbourne at GMHBA with a goal after the siren, we then came up against them in the finals and lost.
2021 - Melbourne beats Geelong at GMHBA with a goal after the siren, we then come up against them in the finals ............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back