Media On the unfairness of the "beez"

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice melt, might get you an extra vote or two

I don't care about being voted. I have done nothing to be a runner, let alone a front runner for the award. TJASTA knows it:
maybe you should not be a sh*t poster

Still, it seems that you may be right:

Unintended consequences...

---

Am I missing something?

Yes. Otherwise, this thread wouldn't be needed.

Why is this unfair?

They are ranked in terms of their contribution, of course the 20th ranked poster shouldn't get as many points allocated as the 1st ranked poster...

There is nothing above that indicates I want all votes to be considered equal. The order of voting matters. That's not unfair by itself. It's fine by me.

The unfairness is in, among other distortions, the top spot being worth 40 times more than spot #20.

---
Look at the list of beez winners. The process works. Besides, you get more votes this way.

It works, but it can be improved.

The past beez winners are all worthy winners. I'm not suggesting doing anything revisionistic. It's more about those "more votes" than anything else, although it is natural that changing the stimulus affects the way people vote.

Would change the winner? I have no idea. But it would certainly change the full table.

I don't care about being voted. I have done nothing to be a runner, let alone a front runner for the award. TJASTA knows it:

Still, it seems that you may be right:

Unintended consequences...

---

Yes. Otherwise, this thread wouldn't be needed.

There is nothing above that indicates I want all votes to be considered equal. The order of voting matters. That's not unfair by itself. It's fine by me.

The unfairness is in, among other distortions, the top spot being worth 40 times more than spot #20.

It works, but it can be improved.

The past beez winners are all worthy winners. I'm not suggesting doing anything revisionistic. It's more about those "more votes" than anything else, although it is natural that changing the stimulus affects the way people vote.

Would change the winner? I have no idea. But it would certainly change the full table.

How would you do it?

Hate, who created the current process anyway?

How would you do it?

Hate, who created the current process anyway?
As I have said, there are many ways to fix this. The one suggestion I've made before was a simple one: adding 40 votes to each spot.

01. 80 points
02. 77 points
03. 75 points
04. 73 points
05. 71 points
06. 69 points
07. 67 points
08. 65 points
09. 63 points
10. 61 points
11. 59 points
12. 57 points
13. 55 points
14. 53 points
15. 51 points
16. 49 points
17. 47 points
18. 45 points
19. 43 points
20. 41 points

40/1 = 40; but 80/41 = 1.95

So the difference between 1st and 20th would go from 40x to a bit less than 2x. However, it would still be the same 39 points as it is today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why "even me"? The only way the beez is known to me, is through my perpetual battle with you to prove which of us cares about it the least.
So is whoever cares about it the least the true winner of the award?

How am I supposed to know that?!

---

Like the Furies and any given SFA season, so why you give a fu**?

Because this is nothing more than a wannabe Beez whore trying to get pity votes because he can't even media whore properly

This is up their with dumbarses library of unfinished media for weak arse attempts to become popular with the sad pathetic *s of the SFA

Because this is nothing more than a wannabe Beez whore trying to get pity votes because he can't even media whore properly

This is up their with dumbarses library of unfinished media for weak arse attempts to become popular with the sad pathetic fu**s of the SFA
time to bring it back?
1623326861573.png

I actually agree. I almost wrote something similar, but as usual, it seemed like too much effort.
The current process results in an over emphasis on the high votes in comparison to the mid to low votes..
It in theory it rewards being super popular to small number of voters as opposed to being fairly popular to a large number.
I think someone appearing in 20 voters list in spots 15 to 20 adds more value to the comp than someone who appears on 3 or 4 lists in the top 5.
I'd just add 10 to each score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back