Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was a good honest battler, that would be one thing. But he struts around and gobs off like he's a superstar.

The gap between how good he apparently thinks he is, and how good he actually is, just makes his mediocre performances look so much worse.

Meh, doesn't bother me at all. Having heard him speak off the field, I'm fairly certain he doesn't think he's anything special, he just likes stirring s**t up.

A few more players showing a bit of personality wouldn't be the worst thing.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to be a Cox apologist, but this thread really should be for "good" players who have lost it.

A few more players showing a bit of personality wouldn't be the worst thing.
I hear this phrase a bit, as well as comparisons to NBA and NFL, and I just don't get it. Are we watching football or professional wrestling? I watch for the game, I don't care about the 'personalities'.

I hear this phrase a bit, as well as comparisons to NBA and NFL, and I just don't get it. Are we watching football or professional wrestling? I watch for the game, I don't care about the 'personalities'.
I'm watching footy, but i also like to see players get into it and not be robots. It's not an either or thing....

It's amazing how many fans - and most definitely the AFL itself - are so insecure when it comes to overseas sports, and none moreso than the US. Probably due to the market size (i.e. dollars). They seem incapable of appreciating that footy is just as good, our players are just as good at their job as everyone else.

Let the footy to the talking. It's only worked for 120 years.

Pendlebury
Sidebottom
Cox
Cripps
Mitchell
Howe

Maybe a bit early on Crisp and Mitchell. They are only 30, so will go around again. But I didn’t realise that Howe was 33.

By the time you add Elliott and Mihocek to that list, that’s 8 players over 30. A very Geelong profile to the list.

I'm only watching the games, which means personality is a non-factor. Hell, I'm turning it off before the post-game interview starts.
You're not a good judge of what is and isn't entertaining JackOutback.

If you can't appreciate that the way players act on and off the field increases the enjoyment you get out of watching a game, you're clueless.

If you can't appreciate that the way players act on and off the field increases the enjoyment you get out of watching a game, you're clueless.
I thought the 2018 grand final was one of the greatest games ever, but it turns out I was wrong because I didn't know Mason Cox likes the music of Taylor Swift and Will Schofield likes a joke :tearsofjoy:

Maybe a bit early on Crisp and Mitchell. They are only 30, so will go around again. But I didn’t realise that Howe was 33.

By the time you add Elliott and Mihocek to that list, that’s 8 players over 30. A very Geelong profile to the list.

Howe is 33 and has had every injury under the sun.

Hindsight a wonderful thing but he could have easily been tapped on the shoulder last year

Howe is 33 and has had every injury under the sun.

Hindsight a wonderful thing but he could have easily been tapped on the shoulder last year
I don’t think Collingwood were tapping anyone on the shoulder after the GF. A couple may go this year, but it won’t be “rebuild” stations yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey! We have a younger list than they do

I don’t think Collingwood were tapping anyone on the shoulder after the GF. A couple may go this year, but it won’t be “rebuild” stations yet.

Agree with you to a point but there still needed to be tough conversations.

Instead of actively pushing Ginnivan out the door, maybe the tough calls on Howe, Mitchell and Cox needed to be made

I thought the 2018 grand final was one of the greatest games ever, but it turns out I was wrong because I didn't know Mason Cox likes the music of Taylor Swift and Will Schofield likes a joke :tearsofjoy:
Unless you're being facetious that's clearly not what we're talking about hear.

You've never sat watching a game, damn i hate that prick on the other team, and then been able to cheer extra loud when he get's run down tackled? That adds so much more to the game than if it was a bunch of robots out there.

For example when that hack Shai Bolton did his little, show the ball trick to Docherty last year. It brings me extra joy seeing him spray goal attempt after goal attempt every time now.

Agree with you to a point but there still needed to be tough conversations.

Instead of actively pushing Ginnivan out the door, maybe the tough calls on Howe, Mitchell and Cox needed to be made
Mitchell and Cox are contracted until 2025, Howe is this year. According to footywire

I can’t see Cox being offered another contract, he will be 35 by then. And I’m not ready to write of Mitchell and Howe.

Collingwood traded out Adams last year and kept Mitchell. So I’ll suggest they expect Mitchell to be there next year as least.

What this guys says
Unless you're being facetious that's clearly not what we're talking about hear.

You've never sat watching a game, damn i hate that prick on the other team, and then been able to cheer extra loud when he get's run down tackled? That adds so much more to the game than if it was a bunch of robots out there.

For example when that hack Shai Bolton did his little, show the ball trick to Docherty last year. It brings me extra joy seeing him spray goal attempt after goal attempt every time now.
We are talking about what happens on the field. If you take a massive pack mark, you should show the ball and lap it up, if you crunch someone in a massive, legal, shirtfront, given them a bit. It's all about adding to the contest.

Pump this into my veins!

1711079066298.png

Last edited:
I suppose when Selwood, Higgins, Dahlhaus, Ceglar and Smith retired over the last couple of seasons it dropped Geelong’s average age by a few years.
Few months more like.

We have a few kids coming through but there's still half a dozen geriatrics kicking around

I suppose when Selwood, Higgins, Dahlhaus, Ceglar and Smith retired over the last couple of seasons it dropped Geelong’s average age by a few years.

Add Duncan, Tuohy, Bews, Stanley, Rohan and Hawkins as likely gone at the end of this year - and we'll be extremely young in as little as 12 months.

Brodie Smith

Agreed. It's coming from the same bloke who defended The Last Jedi, after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back