No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucks is extremely narcissistic to assume the Bombers were booing because it was Pendles up there, any one of the Pies players was going to get booed if they had won the medal.
Whether or not the boos were appropriate or not given the day and the reason for the medal, is another question, but Bucks just decided to deflect and make it all about Pendles.

Like to see Townsend in against Colonwood next time we play them. Stack in the backline, Townsend playing on the forward line let’s see if their players can move the ball like they did last time. Harder to do this when you have to look over your shoulder. If either of them take out an umpire as well I won’t be unhappy.

I tell you what, i was sitting with a few Shemon supporters last night and we were both laughing at the shitness of the umps (but knowing full well it wasn’t affecting the outcome). We shouldn’t complain because today, we saw a result which did affect an outcome. Bombers got shafted. Like balls deep and bukakke style.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Wonder how Bruce Ruxton would’ve reacted to Birds of Tokyo and booing.
Not blaming the Druggo fans it’s just the court of public opinion.

The rule changes and the way it’s umpired is supposed to be for the look of the game but thats the problem when they f.ck it up it’s alot more than just entertainment to the supporters

Wonder how Bruce Ruxton would’ve reacted to Birds of Tokyo and booing.
Not blaming the Druggo fans it’s just the court of public opinion.

The rule changes and the way it’s umpired is supposed to be for the look of the game but thats the problem when they f.ck it up it’s alot more than just entertainment to the supporters

Thought BOT were very respectful and great. They were on a hiding to nothing.

Tinfoil hat stuff but HtB seems to be the easiest thing to manipulate when the umpires have an AFL directive to create theatre.

They have pretty much ignored HTB all year and then suddenly they are hot to trot picking out one from their bums... It's a clear directive from Hocking. He's a goose.

Pay it more often - it moves the game along and it's beyond stupid to go the other way. Creates scrums and ugly football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why so much outrage against booing? How soft when grown men who get paid circa $1 million a year to live the dream can’t handle some crowd hostility. I hope they’re OK by the time they arrive back to their beachside Brighton mansions to see their super model girlfriends.

Essendon fans weren’t even booing Pendles anyway. It was clearly directed at the umpires, but no doubt the blame will be put back on the Essendon fans who had every right to feel sickened. Glad they stood up against such poor officiating of the game. Umpiring this season has been a f***ing disgrace.

Why so much outrage against booing? How soft when grown men who get paid circa $1 million a year to live the dream can’t handle some crowd hostility. I hope they’re OK by the time they arrive back to their beachside Brighton mansions to see their super model girlfriends.

Essendon fans weren’t even booing Pendles anyway. It was clearly directed at the umpires, but no doubt the blame will be put back on the Essendon fans who had every right to feel sickened. Glad they stood up against such poor officiating of the game. Umpiring this season has been a f***ing disgrace.
Still surprised no one said anything about the booing Buddy got on Saturday.
One rule for some.....

Kingy is spot on. (for once) The umpiring has been woeful all year and needs to be looked at and faaaark me! I must have said it 200 times since round 2
Wasn’t great last year either. Game has become too complicated to umpire and AFL must stop recruiting umpires who barrack for Colonwood. Getting embarrassing now, Gil Mclackey do something about it before you lose more supporters.

If you want passionate and engaged fans, you're going to get booed when the fans know they've been ripped off.

The Afl can get ****ed if they think they can tell the fans what to do. The game belongs to the fans, not the useless twats in their ivory tower destroying the game with their rule changes.

Good on bummer fans for expressing their contempt to the umps that were absolutely insipid and putrid and delusional.

The problem with HTB comes when one side is regulated for it differently than the other. The biggest issue that Richmond have with umpiring is the HTB rule. It seems to take so much for us to get a HTB paid for us whereas we get pinged for it easily.

For example, Prestia barely gets an opportunity to dispose of the ball and gets pinged for HTB after being tackled. You then watch an opposition player in the same match run after collecting the ball, go down to the ground in a tackle and then drop the ball. The umpire calls play on.

This is what we saw today as well. All of a sudden they stopped paying HTB for Essendon even though some of them were pretty clear. I just don’t understand this rule. Maybe they need to introduce objective measures in measuring prior opportunity such as the seconds a player had to dispose of the ball before being tackled. Either way, whatever we have in place now is inconsistent. There are many stakeholders of this game extremely discontent with the standard of umpiring and it is not entirely the umpires’ fault because they are obviously being directed by someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back