No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win on Sunday and it's one game behind second, if eagles win then it was two games behind second.

We haven't played the eagles for what feels like years, stop worrying, we keep winning and we make top 4. Just enjoy the ride that is the last 7 games at the G, worrying is not going to change things.

We win next two and pies and eagles lose next week and guess what, equal second baby with 5 to play.
I’m not worrying , but being realistic rather than simplistic as I believe there’s only one top four spot up for grabs. That is Brisbane’s spot. We win Sunday we will be one game behind Pies and Eagles plus %, which effectively is two games behind them.
Our record against the Eagles is 50-50 at best over history and even with Rance, so without him we will go in under dogs. Their forward talls love to feast on us and no Rance against them will be a tough assignment.
Pies have had the wood over us, so again we will go in under dogs.
This weekend we are hot favourites, but this will tell us nothing. I believe the Brisbane game will be the decider on where we finish, but a win over Pies or Eagles will help immensely. I cant see us getting to second , but more happy just making the top four and avoiding an Eagles final over there as we will have a difficult game over there. Cats first and us fourth is awesome.

Last edited:
I’m not worrying , but being realistic rather than simplistic as I believe there’s only one top four spot up for grabs. That is Brisbane’s spot. We win Sunday we will be one game behind Pies and Eagles plus %, which effectively is two games behind them.
Our record against the Eagles is 50-50 at best over history and even with Rance, so without him we will go in under dogs. Their forward talls love to feast on us and no Rance against them will be a tough assignment.
This weekend we are hot favourites, but this will tell us nothing. I believe the Brisbane game will be the decider on where we finish, but a win over Pies or Eagles will help immensely. I cant see us getting to second , but more happy just making the top four and avoiding an Eagles final over there as we will have a difficult game over there. Cats first and us fourth is awesome.
It’s alright though, we don’t need second to win a Premiership ;)

Visiting Italy ATM.
Milan fashion street is funny.
The Prada sneakers might be an omen for the GF.
That means Richmond versus either Geel or WC.
View attachment 708069
My daughter is heading over to Houston today for a week , then to Trinidad for a month, then to Ireland to a family wedding , then to France and finally to Italy. United Airlines flight was cancelled yesterday due to a mechanical, so she’s been put onto an Air NZ flight today . She loves the soccer over there and her boyfriend gets her tickets to Napoli games.

Fourth is the safest spot as we will encounter an aged Geelong.
We can only lose max 1 game for 4th unfortunately due to our percentage.

Although we can make top 4 losing the 1 loss to anyone in the home stretch, it’s highly preferable that the loss is not to GWS or Brisbane. Best for it to be either West Coast or Collingwood, but it can also be Port Adelaide if they also lose at least 1 game for the season like us.

We can only lose max 1 game for 4th unfortunately due to our percentage.

Although we can make top 4 losing the 1 loss to anyone in the home stretch, it’s highly preferable that the loss is not to GWS or Brisbane. Best for it to be either West Coast or Collingwood, but it can also be Port Adelaide if they also lose at least 1 game for the season like us.
Yep it’s getting tight bc games are running out and this is why I wanted Collingwood to lose as it theoretically would have left two top four spots opened .

Hope PA defeats Brisbane.
We need one space in the top four.
Can't see Geel, Coll or WC being dislodged.
We have four easier games and three more difficult ones, GWS, Coll, WC.

Collywobbles were awesome they never gave up after half-time and Wet toast wilted under pressure and their brothers were no were to be seen in the second half and Kennedy had no influence...
Wet toast seem to over commit to to the ball hunt/chase in defense and once they won the ball kicked wildly out of defense...wobbles just picked them off!
Wet Toast at best should have won and at worst drawn if their Ruckman had gone back to kick for goal after his mark out front of the goals instead of playing on!
Maggotts seem to be pies way with the rub of the green...
TV commentators were gushing praise over the new rules...fantastic footy!! blah blahhh 12 goals in the first Q...turned the sound off then!
Wet Toast lost it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve found the solution to ‘ugly football’
Just start both teams on 50pts.
It seems all the whingers actually watch is the scoreboard. Could you imagine the whinging if the first half last night had the same scores as the second half. But, because there were a million goals in the first half, there was a decent score on the board so they didn’t notice.

Best case scenario for us this round would be:
Hawks win.
North and Druggos draw, or North win.
Suns and Saints somehow beat Crows and Cats.
We smash Giants.
Port smash Lions.

If we win by 50+ and Lions lose by 50+ we finish the round in 4th.
Best case scenario; we win.

* the rest. Saints won't get near the Cats on the rebound and Port are a big chance to get rolled after winning big in the showdown.

Pendles. Collingwood's secret 'Free Kick For' weapon.

He never takes possession of the ball if someone is on his hammer, waits for any contact no matter how minor, spins and flops, and appeals for the free. He gets it every time.

He falls over. Probably tripped or pushed. Free to Pendles.

He goes to pick up the ball with an opponent nearby. Umpire reasons: "Pendles just looked at me. Was that high? It must've been high. Free kick Pendles."

He plays - he gets a free.

He's Simon the Likeable to the Umpires.

Death Taxes and Pendles gets frees. He need only appeal or glance towards an umpire and plead with his sad eyes.

I'm a green jelly bean.
4 frees for, Grundy next with 3. Shanon Hurn got 4

Don't care what the other sides do as long as we keep winning.
Flag is up for grabs, we aren't favourites but we aren't without a chance.
Let the pies have their "Round17ship" to go with their "Preliminaryship"

There are three spots in the top 4 we can finish, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
We win next two which is possible and eagles and pies lose next week then we are equal with both, we beat both in our match with them and we are above them.

As for first week in finals, remember losing first week in Perth will then put you into the MCG prelim side of the draw as pies showed last year, lose to the cats first week and you could be heading to Perth for a prelim.

And as for eagles forwards feasting out on our backs without Rance, is that going to like how they feasted out on the pies backs last night.

We will finish where we finish, our percentage will be what it ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back