No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unpopular opinion, but I can’t stand Eddie Betts. The over the top love he gets from the football world makes me sick. Stack had him in his pocket when we played Adelaide this year, then Betts carries on like a pork chop when he kicks a junk time goal on an 18 year old who had the better of him the whole game. Stack also showed a lot more class and humility after the game while Eddie was sniffing his own farts talking about how good he is.

I also saw Betts a few years ago in Richmond. He tried skipping the line at Holliava and the bouncers turned him down. He cracked the sh*ts and was pulled away by a mate and ended up hopping into a taxi because he didn’t get the superstar treatment from the Maori bouncers who probably had no idea who the f*** he was.

Unpopular opinion, but I can’t stand Eddie Betts. The over the top love he gets from the football world makes me sick. Stack had him in his pocket when we played Adelaide this year, then Betts carries on like a pork chop when he kicks a junk time goal on an 18 year old who had the better of him the whole game. Stack also showed a lot more class and humility after the game while Eddie was sniffing his own farts talking about how good he is.

I also saw Betts a few years ago in Richmond. He tried skipping the line at Holliava and the bouncers turned him down. He cracked the sh*ts and was pulled away by a mate and ended up hopping into a taxi because he didn’t get the superstar treatment from the Maori bouncers who probably had no idea who the f*** he was.

Nice place for a drink Holliava

A Night with The Little Master at Crown.
"Gary Ablett is widely regarded as the greatest footballer of the modern era. Eight-time All Australian, five-time AFLPA MVP winner, five-time club Best & Fairest, two-time AFL premiership player and dual Brownlow medallist... there is no player in the history of the AFL that has achieved more than Gary Ablett.
Now AFL fans everywhere are being treated to an unbelievable night of laughter, fun and entertainment. Gary, like you have never seen him before. For the first time, Gary opens up about football, family and life.
Live on stage, the champion midfielder will perform two intimate theatre shows at Crown Melbourne for A Night with ‘The Little Master'."
AgileThisAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Quality melt this morning from my collingwood supporter cousin,

‘Collingwood have probably had the colliwobbles a bit the past 2 years and no1 can take anything away from Richmond as they’ve won 2 premierships in 3 years. But it’s quite clear they’re insecure and deep down know they’re not as big as Collingwood. Yeah yeah you have 103k members, we have 85k members and 70k of them pay their memberships with they’re f*n doll payments yet Richmond supporters are more wealthy and have just joined the fight the past 3 years and probably aren’t even paying for top tier memberships coz there to much of a tightass supporter.

I went to the Collingwood Open Training session before the game in Adelaide (Rnd 22) and there was more people there than there was for the Richmond open training before there final with Brisbane.
Collingwood is the biggest club Australia Wide, I go around Australia often (more so south Australia) and you’ll see heaps of Collingwood supporters where’s Richmond you barely hear s**t. Hell I was in New York and I saw more than 10 pies fans and None from Richmond.

No doubt Richmond are the biggest club in Melbourne because you see that from the membership tally alone, but people who live interstate can’t contribute to our membership tally unless they wanna spend $200 for a digital membership or some bullshit which isn’t worth it.
Interstate we out number you 3 to 1 id say but unfortunately our games are played in Victoria.

Richmond (supporters) are insecure little bitches that’s why instead of f*n chanting yellow and black or whatever Richmond chant you want on swan street they chant “fu** Collingwood” fair enough if you beat us in the grand final but we weren’t even there and yet Richmond supporters still wanna talk about Collingwood 😂 you’re the equivalent of a girl with a rebound guy thinking your happy with your new man but your still thinking about your ex.
Premierships aren’t easy to win and Richmond have got 2 in 3 years! But The biggest club they’ve beaten in the finals in that time has been geelong..... lol! When push came to shove with a power house like Collingwood they shat their f*n pants. There’s a reason why Richmond Fans still talk about Collingwood, there’s a reason why they were all celebrating like they won the premiership when GWS beat us (that’s because they basically did), fans may not want to admit it but deep down they’re f*n scared! Next year is the year of the Collingwood Richmond Grand Final! 2020 lock it in! We’ve missed out on it 2 years in a row but now third times the charm. We’ll show that the tiger really is apart of the cat family coz we’ll prove their a bunch of pussies’.

🤭

Cousin once removed now, surely?

A Night with The Little Master at Crown.
"Gary Ablett is widely regarded as the greatest footballer of the modern era. Eight-time All Australian, five-time AFLPA MVP winner, five-time club Best & Fairest, two-time AFL premiership player and dual Brownlow medallist... there is no player in the history of the AFL that has achieved more than Gary Ablett.
Now AFL fans everywhere are being treated to an unbelievable night of laughter, fun and entertainment. Gary, like you have never seen him before. For the first time, Gary opens up about football, family and life.
Live on stage, the champion midfielder will perform two intimate theatre shows at Crown Melbourne for A Night with ‘The Little Master'."View attachment 765106

Why is it being hosted at Crown? It's not fair that he has to travel all the way there to perform, and it's not fair on the fans being expected to travel to see him, either.

Don’t even know the story
According to an article One of the Adelaide players was so traumatised by the loss in 2017, that he broke down at his relatives house because he had his own Premiership medal on display.

It was Jake Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Robinson names his top 50 players after the 2019 AFL season
Dustin Martin ripped the finals apart, Patrick Dangerfield was consistently brilliant and Patrick Cripps is the AFL’s new super hero. But only one can be No.1 in Robbo’s top 50. See Mark Robinson’s full list and vote on every player.

It’s possible Dustin Martin could end his career as Richmond’s greatest player.
Ask Royce Hart, and he says there’s still an “if’’.

“If he can win another couple of premierships, and it’s on the cards, you never know where he’s going to be rated,’’ Hart said.

Could he the greatest?

“I don’t know, it’s not me to judge. He’s certainly done No.4 proud, I’ll say that.’’

Martin is 28, has played 224 games — and maybe has another 140 games in him — is a two-time premiership player, two-time Norm Smith medallist, has a Brownlow, an AFL MVP and two best-and-fairest awards.

Already, he has joined Gary Ablett, Michael Voss, Chris Judd and Lance Franklin as the pre-eminent AFL players of the century.

Unquestionably, he is being spoken of as Richmond royalty.

There’s five at the Tigers in rare air — Jack Dyer, Kevin Bartlett, Hart, Ian Stewart and Jack “Skinny’’ Titus — and Martin might’ve jumped ahead of the likes of Francis Bourke, Roger Dean and Vic Thorp, all Richmond “Immortals’’.

Yep, he had that kind of season, and it’s why he’s No.1 in this year’s Top 50.

No one could match Dustin Martin for big-game impact in 2019.

Others might have had more consistent seasons, but no other was able to once again deliver big time in finals.

He kicked six goals in the first final against Brisbane, four goals and the Norm Smith in the Grand Final and 12 goals overall through the finals series.

Nat Fyfe had a terrific season, the Patricks — Dangerfield and Cripps — were often breathtaking and Marcus Bontempelli sublime, yet Martin just gets it done when it matters most.

Hart, also the wearer of the No.4 at Tigerland, says Martin stands above them, and every other player since 1966, in one category.

“The best thing about him, and I don’t think they highlight it enough, but I reckon he’s the best disposal of the ball, by hand and foot, I’ve seen in my time in football.’’

That’s 53 seasons for Hart.

“I saw the Farmers, the Williams, the Barassis and Skiltons, and if you took statistics on what he does with the ball, you’d find by hand and foot he’d have the best percentage of effective kicks and handball of anyone.

“He’s got a big rap on him for his ability to shrug players who are trying to tackle him, but if you look at what he does when he has the ball, it’s always to advantage.

“A lot of players these days, in my opinion, half their stats are handballs and kicks to get themselves out of trouble ... ineffective.’’

Hart naturally loves Martin the forward more than Martin the midfielder.

This year, Martin spent 43 per cent of game time up forward and 57 per cent in the midfield, which was a significantly up compared to his 2017 and 2018 seasons, when the split was 29 per cent forward and 71 per cent midfield.

“I said to Mike Sheahan four years ago, I’d put Dusty at centre half-forward,’’ Hart said.

“He’s exactly the same height and weight (as I was) when I played.

“He’s an effective goalkicker, which adds to his bag of tricks.

“But he’s certainly the best user of the ball that I’ve seen.

“I’m not saying he’s as good as Greg Williams at handball or Polly (Farmer) at handball, and (Bob) Skilton was very good with both left and right feet, and Stewie (Ian Stewart) was magnificent, but to go forward and be that effective.’’

Dusty’s a crowd-puller, Hart said.

“I think it’s about race horses and Winx, people go and see them, and in football, they go see players who are worthwhile, and he’s in that class.

“He’s what footy needs.

“And with Richmond winning two out of three, he’s gone into a different league compared to other players.’’

Martin is one of seven Tigers to make the top 50 — and that doesn’t include Alex Rance, Jack Riewoldt and Trent Cotchin who, like GWS playmaker Stephen Coniglio, missed too much of the season because of injury.

The seven are: Martin, Dion Prestia (9), Tom Lynch (18), Dylan Grimes (20), Bachar Houli (24), Shane Edwards (26) and Nick Vlastuin (41).

Prestia was the best-and-fairest winner and was so productive in the middle, it allowed Martin to play more forward. Edwards arguably had a career-best season playing back, midfield and forward.

Collingwood’s Brodie Grundy, Geelong’s Tim Kelly, Brisbane’s Lachie Neale and Melbourne’s Max Gawn round out the top 10.

Neale was more accomplished than I previously thought, while Kelly was acknowledged by the umpires and coaches for his stellar season.

There will be discussion about why Gawn was so highly rated when his team was so poor, but the same could be said of Fyfe and the Dockers.

Other first-timers include Charlie Cameron (16), Nick Haynes (22), Josh Dunkley (25), Tim Taranto (30), Brad Hill (43), Hugh McCluggage (44), Zac Williams (40) and Rowan Marshall (47).

I suspect the athletic Saints big man, who was a revelation this year, will be a top 50 regular.

‘Collingwood have probably had the colliwobbles a bit the past 2 years and no1 can take anything away from Richmond as they’ve won 2 premierships in 3 years. But it’s quite clear they’re insecure and deep down know they’re not as big as Collingwood. Yeah yeah you have 103k members, we have 85k members and 70k of them pay their memberships with they’re f*n doll payments yet Richmond supporters are more wealthy and have just joined the fight the past 3 years and probably aren’t even paying for top tier memberships coz there to much of a tightass supporter.

I went to the Collingwood Open Training session before the game in Adelaide (Rnd 22) and there was more people there than there was for the Richmond open training before there final with Brisbane.
Collingwood is the biggest club Australia Wide, I go around Australia often (more so south Australia) and you’ll see heaps of Collingwood supporters where’s Richmond you barely hear s**t. Hell I was in New York and I saw more than 10 pies fans and None from Richmond.

No doubt Richmond are the biggest club in Melbourne because you see that from the membership tally alone, but people who live interstate can’t contribute to our membership tally unless they wanna spend $200 for a digital membership or some bullshit which isn’t worth it.
Interstate we out number you 3 to 1 id say but unfortunately our games are played in Victoria.

Richmond (supporters) are insecure little bitches that’s why instead of f*n chanting yellow and black or whatever Richmond chant you want on swan street they chant “fu** Collingwood” fair enough if you beat us in the grand final but we weren’t even there and yet Richmond supporters still wanna talk about Collingwood 😂 you’re the equivalent of a girl with a rebound guy thinking your happy with your new man but your still thinking about your ex.
Premierships aren’t easy to win and Richmond have got 2 in 3 years! But The biggest club they’ve beaten in the finals in that time has been geelong..... lol! When push came to shove with a power house like Collingwood they shat their f*n pants. There’s a reason why Richmond Fans still talk about Collingwood, there’s a reason why they were all celebrating like they won the premiership when GWS beat us (that’s because they basically did), fans may not want to admit it but deep down they’re f*n scared! Next year is the year of the Collingwood Richmond Grand Final! 2020 lock it in! We’ve missed out on it 2 years in a row but now third times the charm. We’ll show that the tiger really is apart of the cat family coz we’ll prove their a bunch of pussies’.

🤭

6B7A6CD8-8801-40F0-8FE2-5E8EDFF203FC.jpeg

🤭

the real Eddie betts

17140620-FEF3-48BF-A185-9420FD0CFE57.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back