No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best off-season for any club in my memory...

Prestia, Caddy, Nank, Graham, Bolton and a first rounder for cooked Lids is utterly silly considering what we had to give up to get all that

Prestia alone is almost worth everything we gave up in one hit

Plus garthwaite will come good

Turned stengle into a pick

100% this.

That offseason was nothing short of supreme. Still can't beleive we got away with it.
we got away with it because of our shite 2016...
Then clubs thought we were going back to the old Richmond days of selling the farm for shite... I actually think at the time teams were nearly daring us wuth trades thinking we would self implode....

Best off-season for any club in my memory...

Prestia, Caddy, Nank, Graham, Bolton and a first rounder for cooked Lids is utterly silly considering what we had to give up to get all that

Prestia alone is almost worth everything we gave up in one hit
Got rid of Tyrone too. Doing that was almost an incredible off-season alone lol

we got away with it because of our shite 2016...
Then clubs thought we were going back to the old Richmond days of selling the farm for shite... I actually think at the time teams were nearly daring us wuth trades thinking we would self implode....

Judas was pretty good - gws were a bit unlucky he fell apart but the signs were there. This time line with the flags at tigerland is better.
Dunno what geelong were doing fancy giving caddy away

If English and garthwaite come good it's the GOAT draft ) trade period. Apart from the premierships maybe the best part is the age demographics. They prime seasons are still ahead of all of them

Feels like nanks 30 but he's young for a big bloke too another one fresh as a daisy post Coronavirus

'17 flag best flag?

Pick 6 and a second rounder for Prestia and 24

24 and 64 to Geelong for caddy and a pick upgrade

Pick upgrade draft jack graham who makes Sloane his bitch in the granny

Getting nank the tank for fu** all

Trading a cooked lids for a first round pick

What an off season that was
But still not better than dodo at the bombers......hahahahahahahaha

more sponsors on back of guernseys above the numbers now. as if green nib logo is not already an eyesore

get stuffed

It’s likely that existing sponsors will fill the slot this year, but it could be opened up to new companies in future seasons.

thats fine do it for a bit cos of the virus but * it off for 2021. *en campaigners. its looks just as bad as the names thing they tried and its no different

At the time pick six seemed overs but three years on I reckon we made off like bandits. Taranto and McCluggage genuine stars in the making but they were never going to fall to our pick. Rest of top 20 from 2016 has been lukewarm, although florent at 11 shows a bit. We turned the pick 24 coming back to us into caddy and Jack Graham that is. The nucleus of the lynch deal also. I remember a lot of sunken heads when we missed on Brodie and Scrimshaw. We'd have no cups if we had either of them, I'd say.
Was always content in getting Meatball.Knew his strengths.Capable of running both ways is his biggest asset.

According to BigFooty experts at the time, instead of Prestia, we would likely have gone for Will Brodie or Venables with pick 6 (from memory).
Because I only Richmond I have no idea if wither of them look like decent players so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder who our next coach will be ? I just got a slight gut feel when druggos fu** things up again they will come hunting after Dimma when his contract is up . I rekon he will def coach another club either way .
Will be like us trying to get Sheedy will never happen.

Nank was dropped for the 2016 GF.
Never forgave the Swannies. What a pick up.
Prestia a sensational get.
Caddy dominant on a HFF.
Kicked our first goal of the 2017 GF.
Whoever worked the 2016 trade deal is an utter genius.
One of the great trades in recent football history.

Last edited:
I just realised, reduced salary cap and Buddy is chewing up $1.4 mill this year and similar money next year. And before we hear about Dusty, we lose Rance’s money off the books next season, and who knows with Bachar and Cotch moving forward. We are gonna be able to pull back without too much pain.

Nank was dropped for the 2016 GF.
Never forgave the Swannies. What a pick up.
Prestia a sensational get.
Caddy dominant on a HFF.
Kicked our first goal of the 2017 GF.
Whoever worked the 2016 trade deal is an utter genius.
One of the great trades in recent football history.
Caddy was great in 2017 finals series. Dominant fwd in the qualifying final, although he hit the post twice. Boundary line slot v giants was huge for our second goal. Physical presence too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back