No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason Dusty >>>Trac

View attachment 1281010
Media: Hey Dusty what do you think of Liam Jones retiring rather than accepting a mandated vaccination?

Dusty: ….

Media: ….???

Dusty: Dunno, none of my business.

Media: 😕😔
"sort of mandated" lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be mad at the club if it was run like Gold Coast. They obviously wanted to keep Greenwood, so delisting him when he's one of your better mids at the moment is a dumb move. The only way I see this as being a decent move is if they were hoping that someone would take Greenwood and North took the bait. We don't really know what they wanted to do internally so that could be a possibility.

Also, this is exactly why I did not trust North Melbourne in the CCJ trade. That PSD threat was very real in my opinion. I just think we were lucky that CCJ straight up told them that he would not walk to them in the PSD if they could not work out a deal with us (mentioned by their list manager Brady Rawlings according to this article: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/5198eba3188b56a3c28488df6e6b171d).

It's not much of a story, they aren't asking for a priority pick, just another selection to fill the list spot
Looks like they'll need to use the supplementary list during preseason to fill the spot

I'm surprised, same with Gold Coast, I thought they'd get picks at the end of the draft, it doesn't make much difference

Which round compo do u reckon they asked for

The only way I see this as being a decent move is if they were hoping that someone would take Greenwood and North took the bait. We don't really know what they wanted to do internally so that could be a possibility.
I’d like to think that was the case but the problem with it, is that I can’t imagine them being prepared to look so amateurish at a time when they are craving credibility.

I'd be mad at the club if it was run like Gold Coast. They obviously wanted to keep Greenwood, so delisting him when he's one of your better mids at the moment is a dumb move. The only way I see this as being a decent move is if they were hoping that someone would take Greenwood and North took the bait. We don't really know what they wanted to do internally so that could be a possibility.

Also, this is exactly why I did not trust North Melbourne in the CCJ trade. That PSD threat was very real in my opinion. I just think we were lucky that CCJ straight up told them that he would not walk to them in the PSD if they could not work out a deal with us (mentioned by their list manager Brady Rawlings according to this article: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/5198eba3188b56a3c28488df6e6b171d).

If Greenwood was any sort of priority at all, they wouldn’t have delisted him, it is that simple. probably a case of he would have been handy to keep but his contract is handy to lose. 2022 is not the Suns priority, they are looking more and more confident in what lies beyond that, and this move with Greenwood I think displays that. These plodding midfielders like Greenwood and Lyons before him are never going to be finals difference makers.

They will enter next season with inside mids: Miller(top 5 in the AFL) Swallow, Fiorini(starting to come into his own,) Anderson, Rowell, and a few others that can do useful time in there, like Hollands, Flanders, Weller, Ainsworth. So losing Greenwood(and his contract) is no disaster for them at all.

Last edited:
If Greenwood was any sort of priority at all, they wouldn’t have delisted him, it is that simple. probably a case of he would have been handy to keep but his contract is handy to lose. 2022 is not the Suns priority, they are looking more and more confident in what lies beyond that, and this move with Greenwood I think displays that. These plodding midfielders like Greenwood and yons before him are never going to be finals difference makers.

They will enter next season with inside mids: Miller(top 5 in the AFL) Swallow, Fiorini(starting to come into his own,) Anderson, Rowell, and a few others that can do useful time in there, like Hollands, Flanders, Weller, Ainsworth. So losing Greenwood(and his contract) is no disaster for them at all.
I agree that it’s no disaster to lose him as a player, but I think the bigger issue here is their reputation. They are not known as a great club to begin with, so I don’t understand why they’d do something that looks so embarrassing. They should be giving their supporters hope after doing close to nothing since their inception, not appear to show further incompetence even if they did not mind this outcome deep down. It is clear that they tried to exploit a loophole and failed miserably.

Much less embarrassing losing him to North Melbourne in the trade period after actively trying to shop him around tbh. They already did it with Will Brodie and no one really called them incompetent for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back