No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone else think that Cornes goes out his way to taunt Richmond supporters? This is his latest effort.

Has never got over losing his 300th game.

Clearly says a lot about him as a person. Would he have schemed to deprive Port of a pick if he had been in the same position as Baker. Clearly the answer is yes. What a flog

Harley mania is in overdrive. Kid didn't even play this week. Interestingly Hanna Green (WA golfer) was relegated to a small section about five pages back in The West Australian, despite having won the US LPGA, one of the women's majors over the weekend in the states. All so Harley can have his 20 pictures every day. Just mad the pressure they put on him. Let's hope he wants to come home one of these days:

IMG_20240430_083038_HDR.jpg IMG_20240430_083103_HDR.jpg

remember when wankley said "we will never talk about that on this show" about Richmond's lopsided free kick counts 🤣🤣🤣
Jim Henson Netflix GIF by The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

They both stripped their clubs back far too much. Got rid of too many experienced players too soon.
No leadership left or was left to few players remaining.
The biggest mistake they and GCS and GWS and the Blues and all the others did was put all of their early picks into midfielders. Most of these clubs ended up with more midfielders talent than they could use. Look at North all those picks and they end up with LDU and kids in the midfield. Will phiiips can’t get a game. Taryn Thomas is a flog. If you can’t get one Harley Ried then pick swap and start concentrating on KPP. Remember after Ried the next 10 midfielders were pretty much equally good. The Eagles have done this and they will be top 4 long before North or Hawks

The biggest mistake they and GCS and GWS and the Blues and all the others did was put all of their early picks into midfielders. Most of these clubs ended up with more midfielders talent than they could use. Look at North all those picks and they end up with LDU and kids in the midfield. Will phiiips can’t get a game. Taryn Thomas is a flog. If you can’t get one Harley Ried then pick swap and start concentrating on KPP. Remember after Ried the next 10 midfielders were pretty much equally good. The Eagles have done this and they will be top 4 long before North or Hawks
I do agree but GWS did try many times to draft Key position players, they just had trouble keeping them.

Jeremy Cameron, Tom Boyd a few highly rated picks.

I do agree but GWS did try many times to draft Key position players, they just had trouble keeping them.

Jeremy Cameron, Tom Boyd a few highly rated picks.
Fair point. And they have actually got to a great final. I should not have included them in the group

You are more interested in RFC squealing publicly than actually grilling the AFL over this issue. They have. Why don’t you ask the club?
And no, I’m giving you nothing to back it up.
You’ll just have to trust me. 😁

Yep. I'm more interested in the club showing some public strength & pride than politely asking their masters to be nicer to them behind closed doors. If the club is asking for questions on the umpiring, how about you inform the members, you know..... the people who pay the bills, support the club and losing their ******* minds in the stands watching us get raped with sawdust for lube each week?

Club has become a meek IMO. It's weird - most clubs develop arrogance after success. We developed politeness & a tendency to be incredibly agreeable no matter how poorly we get treated.

"Compliant" is how i would describe the current Richmond. Who wants to ******* support that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have about 10 x elite draft picks in their team and remain crud. Gold Coast have had a gazillion top draft picks in their 15-years and have never made finals. GWS have had the same and have made 1 x GF and never won a thing. Lions have traded in a dual Brownlow medallist, have had numerous top-3 picks, have father son gifts and haven’t won jack and are 2-5. Dogs have had loads of top draft picks, academy charity and father son gifts and where are they at?

There’s no ‘silver bullet’ to being a successful club or building a successful list for a flag. It’s about coaching, development and culture as much as it’s about elite young talent.

I can’t believe you’re so hellbent on top-3 draft picks when history tells you they guarantee you diddly squat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think you need to actually go through all the top 3 picks of the past 2 decades and re-consider your comment. around 50% of them won a premiership or at least played in a Grand Final.

A huge chunk of others won multiple All-Australians, B&F's, Brownlows.

Only thing that hecks that stat up is the a huge chunk of them were chosen by the Gold Coast who burned assets.

Also, the only multiple Norm Smith Medalist of the past 30 years were also both TOP 3 picks.

Even if its fake news....... how the * have we not done this yet? Like, ever? Even after Arc-gate we just accepted the bullshit response and never demanded more. Its gutless. Has cost the club some pride for sure
And that’s why we now get Sunday evening games no more prime time because they know they can shovel some s**t and we gladly eat it up

Proof? Report? anything to back it up?

No...... again

You have no inside intel & known for speaking epic s**t.
He’s talking s**t , any club that pushes back against the stumps gets a better deal , beveridge once they gorcreamed since he’s been there , Scott enough said , now Voss ffs

He’s talking s**t , any club that pushes back against the stumps gets a better deal , beveridge once they gorcreamed since he’s been there , Scott enough said , now Voss ffs

Yep totally. It's true for every sport in the world. Coaches roast the ref and the next game they get better calls.

"compliant" Richmond sucks

Just one more thing the AFL have completely screwed up:

The sub rule. Used to be an "injury" sub. What is it now ? Just a good way to pi$$ the players, coaches and fans off.

well it was the injury sub, then clubs, like ours, took the piss with what was deemed an injury, so the afl just made it a normal sub because everyone was like why not just make it a sub. and now everyone is whinging about the sub again like they did pre getting rid of it last time.

Does anyone else think Karen Cornes goes out of his way to just be a dick?

187488967_823901638563232_5084185423225862884_n.jpg
The bloke's a s**t stain on not only footy but society.

There's about as much logic in wce forcing him to the psd as there is in the fire brigade hiring this s**t stirring smirking campaigner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back