• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I would throw everything I could at Chris Scott. And tell him he could choose his assistants.

FFS we have so many big sponsors now, use their dosh.

He would never be accepted as he would want to do it all his way.

That would mean Malinauskas would have to through a part of the state budget in to counter the Vic governments payments to Geelong & Scott.

Justin Leppitsch, James Rahilly, Ashley Hasen, Ben Jacobs, Monty, Dean Cox, and Carr. There are plenty of highly regarded options out there. The "who else are you going to get" doomerism is totally bizarre.

Regarding assistants. I think when the bogan is gone the door can re-open to guys like Monty, Lade, and Schofield.

Carr’s coaching CV of Hinkleyball and whatever the heck Fremantle’s ball movement is meant to be isn’t a great attraction. Did well at North Adelaide though.

Let's go after Ross Lyon. Not for the gameplan, just for the general demeanour that we need to sweep through the place...

He'd be like

Sheldon Whitehouse Mic Drop GIF by GIPHY News

Justin Leppitsch, James Rahilly, Ashley Hasen, Ben Jacobs, Monty, Dean Cox, and Carr. There are plenty of highly regarded options out there. The "who else are you going to get" doomerism is totally bizarre.

Regarding assistants. I think when the bogan is gone the door can re-open to guys like Monty, Lade, and Schofield.

Wouldn’t that be something?

I’m very interested to hear Schulzenfest ’s thoughts on that

Jaymie Graham, Nigel Lappin, Blake Caracella are a few other names in the hat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Justin Leppitsch's name never thrown up in these conversations?

There's probably a good reason as to why that I've missed, but he's been a senior coach previously, been involved in premierships at Richmond and is now the 'Head of Strategy' at Collingwood who have just won a flag.

There's probably a good reason as to why that I've missed, but he's been a senior coach previously, been involved in premierships at Richmond and is now the 'Head of Strategy' at Collingwood who have just won a flag.

14-52 win-loss record when he was at Brisbane, which included some losses that came close to Port circa 2011.

14-52 win-loss record when he was at Brisbane, which included some losses that came close to Port circa 2011.

Obviously. But how much of that comes down to how poorly the club was run when he was there? I know it wasn't as bad but Voss' record was pretty gross also and he got another gig.

Not to mention that many of the most successful new young coaches werent even in the main conversation. Our club should be scouting every assistant out there as well as the state leagues.

It was literally the first name listed in the list of prospective coaches a few posts above this one.

It gets thrown up so much he's almost getting to the level of why doesnt he have a senior job yet if everyone talks about him this much.

It was literally the first name listed in the list of prospective coaches a few posts above this one.

It gets thrown up so much he's almost getting to the level of why doesnt he have a senior job yet if everyone talks about him this much.
I meant more so when other clubs have been on the hunt for new coaches recently. Never seems to be on the shortlist or the betting markets for who it's gonna be.

lol. Maybe we should get the coach that actually won that Premiership. Then we can shut the doors for good.
I know you're joking about Simpson but I don't think we should rule him or Longmire out. This is a cyoa and all options should be explored.

Back