• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back Shaun Hart man.

The next senior coach has to be a fresh set of eyes, who has never set foot anywhere near the current coaching set up.
He needs to be assertive, a straight shooter, and his own man. His number one priority is to create a premiership dynasty and to demand sustained success.

Anyone prone to buddy-buddy gambling syndicates, nepotism, & gold passes, need not apply. The coach isn’t there to be your best friend, they are there too tear down walls & tell you what you do not want to hear. They are there to install a sense of belief, & weed out anyone who are just in it for the fame & coin.
Ho-hum. Goes to the garage. Grabs a shovel. Drives to the cemetery. Locates the grave site. Starts digging. Exumes the body. Ship it to Alberton. Introduce the new coach, Fos Williams to the playing group.

I would have taken Sam Mitchell 3 years ago (fresh out of the game and great football brain) Then Adam Kingsley was available then Adam Yze was available all long time assistant coaches in the system we have missed out on.

I checked his record after you said that, because, you know ... memories are unreliable.

2012 prelim but bad loss
2013 we beat them in EF
2014 missed finals
2015 missed again
2016 12th
2017 13th
2018 4 point loss to GWS in prelim
2019 lost GF 5 points WC
2020 won 1 final
2021 doing poorly, resigned

So, yeah I mean he can coach, to a point, and did very well, to a point.

Then, Hinkley's record does not look completely disgusting either, but we're not happy with it. Having said that Buckley did take them to a GF, which is more than Donuts has done.

But I dunno, I just think there was too much bad mixed in with the good, in Buckley's case. Don't want.
Yes but I could say Michael Voss had an appalling record at Brisbane but he is doing extremely well now.
Don’t think Nathan Buckley would be at all interested in the job anyway.

Schofield rejected Daddy's teet
He was probably the only person in the room with big enough kahunas to openly defy Ken to his face & call out his short comings.

Like most insecure individuals, that bogan bellied fraud would have resented the honest feedback & the relationship would have been broken from that point on.

He was probably the only person in the room with big enough kahunas to openly defy Ken to his face & call out his short comings.

Like most insecure individuals, that bogan bellied fraud would have resented the honest feedback & the relationship would have been broken from that point on.
As I recall Schofield was put in the dark corner at some stage, Ken congratulated everyone except Schofield after one of our wins

Yes but I could say Michael Voss had an appalling record at Brisbane but he is doing extremely well now.
Is he? They're going alright. But they also have a very good squad. Don't forget Hinkley has gotten us to 3 prelims. But if you keep doing the same old s**t, and can't make it the last 2 steps, it doesn't matter a heck.

Is he? They're going alright. But they also have a very good squad. Don't forget Hinkley has gotten us to 3 prelims. But if you keep doing the same old s**t, and can't make it the last 2 steps, it doesn't matter a *.
Is he? Taken then from 13th to a Preliminary final in 2 years and one of the favourites this year to go all the way ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone who can coach for adaptability rather than this one-trick fragility we’ve seen across every facet of the whole of Hinkley’s tenure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, it's going to be Carr whether we like it or not. And quite frankly I wouldn't put it past them to have already agreed to such a succession plan on writing and simply not announced to the public yet.

Speaking on hypotheticals, my preference on coach is dependent on whether they're still trying to go all in now, or whether they need a personnel reset over the next 2-3 years. If it's the latter, Carr will be a fine choice.

If it's the former, I'm bringing back Choco for a 2 year stint with a firm succession plan in place.
The only chance of Choco walking in the doors again is if everyone there now goes including Don Koch & you'd want him in a role like he's had at Richmond and Melbourne nothing more.. it's not gonna happen & he's well into his 60's now anyway.

It's gonna be Carr and all you can hope is with Hinkley out the door & some clear air he becomes his own man in the role & hopefully surprises us.

Back