Delisted Paddy McCartin [DFA, delisted in 2019]

Remove this Banner Ad

Might sound harsh but I dont understand why youd pick him up over any tall you could get in the draft.

Weird fit given they already have McKay, Curnow, McGovern and Casboult. Might mean McGovern's on the move?

Yup that’s what I think too, and Paddy deserves another shot it, would be an amazing story for he and the Blues , if he’d be able to play footy at AFL level again enjoy it and contribute to team without health concerns.

He played 34 games. Key position players often take time.

In comparison he kicked more goals that Josh Kennedy in his first 34 games.

he’d also kicked less than Tom Boyd and Josh Schache.

of the three high profile young key forwards shaping to not live up to their billing McCartin was tracking to be the worst.

Ambrosia has a point

He has type 1 diabetes and in his draft year an article on the AFL website stated “he’s only had 3 seizures due to hypoglycaemia”

excuse me!
I’m a health care professional that works a lot with people who have type 1 diabetes and this represents horrific control. Diabetes can be difficult to manage in the setting of sport but this represents serious self mismanagement.

I’ve looked after more than one person with type 1 diabetes who ended up with hypoxia/hypoglycaemic brain injuries following hypoglycaemic seizures. Usually older - but you get the inference.

3 seizures in your lifetime due to hypoglycaemia Is very very worrying for a teenager. This guy may not have had a ‘normal’ brain to begin with. I don’t have evidence to support this but he may have been far more susceptible to concussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back